Author Topic: Claw Iori (Console)  (Read 77337 times)

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Iori Yagami (Console)
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2011, 01:32:38 AM »
Yeah, one meter?  Even arcade Betty goes DAMN.

It's 3 stocks since I'm Max Cancelling. Without it it'd be like 650-ish I think. Far as I know, Takuma's still the power stock efficiency king with his 822-damage one-stock HD combo.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2011, 01:35:35 AM »
Yeah, I noticed after I posted, but I was too lazy to edit it.  Still, for 3 meters, it's pretty good damage.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2011, 02:44:43 AM »
after some more work, I've found a pretty good HD combo that is 100% from mid-screen(ish) that is pretty easy...

jump C, cl.C, df+C [HDA] cl.C, df+C, qcb+B [HDC] qcb+BD (should now be in the corner), (dp+A [HDC] qcb+D)x3, qcf hcb+A [MC] (qcf)x2+BD

does 1014 (984 with no jump in) for 4 stocks.  The timing is a bit tight, as the HD bar runs out pretty much just when you are able to cancel, so you have to be right on with the max cancel.  If you miss it, it still does 774 for 2 stocks.  Changing to EX ya otome probably makes it do around 825 with no max cancel. 
I find this one a little bit tougher to do than the other one I posted (998 for 4 stocks), but this one definitely carries them farther.  It gets them into the corner from the round starting position, and maybe as far as the dead center of the screen.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 04:59:45 AM »
Damn hiltzy, you really hate DP+A [HDC] qcb+D [HDC] DP+C. Definitely gotta applaud the ingenuity required to get a 100% combo with a level 1 Maiden Masher.

Rapeurtugais

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
Hey guys !

When you throw the oppenent into the corner, you can go into qcbB [!] dpC classic max mode mega loop, but what do you do if you throw him into the midscreen ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:49:52 AM by Rapeurtugais »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
Hey guys !

When you throw the oppenent into the corner, you can go into qcbB [!] dpC classic max mode mega loop, but what do you do if you throw him into the midscreen ?

Actually doing a command throw to the opponent into the corner, the best combo follow up would be dp+C > qcb+B > qcb+A > dp+A or super

Midscreen you would just do qcb+K, then super if you have it.

Rapeurtugais

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »
Oops, forgot to say i was talking about max mode :(

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 03:09:39 AM »
Oops, forgot to say i was talking about max mode :(

I'm not sure that there is much you can do, in terms of long combos from command grabbing them into the middle of the screen in HD mode.  I know for sure you can do dash, dp+C, super (max cancel).  If you don't want to dash, you can do dp+C, EX super (max cancel).  I think you can also do qcb+D [HDC] dp+C, super.

Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

b.a.l.a.

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »
Hey guys hope u can use this combos...the combos are fun a not to hard to do..hope u like
Iori Kof XIII combos bala

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2012, 06:15:53 AM »
Interesting. I always overlook the mid-juggle df. C.

If it's not inconvenient, would you mind posting a transcript of the combos?

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 03:37:35 AM »
I'm only going to transcribe the last two combos in the video.

j.C, s.C, df+C, HD, s.C, df+C xx DP+A, [HDC] QCB+B [HDC] DP+C, df+C xx DP+C, QCB+B, [HDC] DP+C, QCB+B [HDC] DP+C, QCB+B, QCB+A, DP+A, Neo Max

j.C, s.C, df+C, HD, s.C, df+C xx DP+A, [HDC] QCB+B [HDC] DP+C, df+C xx DP+C, QCB+B [HDC] DP+C, QCB+B, QCB+A, QCF, HCB+A, Neo Max

What I've noticed when doing these combos, is that the juggle df+C doesn't seem to connect if your right next to the opponent in the corner. It could just be me but whenever I'm just outside of the corner I have no problems landing the juggle df+C. If someone could verify this for me I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, for a midscreen-to-corner HD combo this is excellent. 931 damage and a 100% for 2 and 3 meters, respectively, is incredible.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:29:27 AM by Killey »

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »
I feel like a punk now so I transcribed the first combo. Keep in mind I'm a talentless fraud who can't actually complete the whole combo, so this is kind of assembled from what I know from trial mode and doing parts of it. I think it's accurate though.

Cross-up J.C, st.B, hcf+P, DP+C, df+C xx HD, DP+A [HDC] qcb+b, qcb+A, DP+A [HDC] qcb+D, (qcb+B [HDC] DP+C) x3, Neo Max

The first part of the HD is reminiscent of Trial 7. The rest is just a regular loop.

This may also be the fraudulence, but I can't connect the juggle df+C when too close either. I think the hitbox may only be contained in the fist, so it's kind of just going through the guy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:13:26 AM by Gimnbo »

Broken_Angel

• New Challenger
  • fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 04:30:02 AM »
some basic better sound off, bad english
King of Fighters XIII - Iori Basic Tutorial
right way - my way

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »
my go-to HD combo approaching the corner now seems to be as follows:

j.C, st.C, df+C [HD] st.C. df+C, qcb+b [HDC] qcb+C [HDC] dp+C, (qcb+B [HDC] dp+C)x3, qcb+B [HDC] (qcf)x2+BD

This does 885 for 2 stocks.  Getting the neomax at the end after the qcb+B can be a bit tight, so if you notice that you're already out of HD mode, just do qcb+A and then DM or EX DM for a little bit less damage (probably like high 700s).

The best 1 bar that I've come up with is the same as above, but instead of NM at the end, do another dp+C, HD should end, then do qcb+B, qcb+A, DM for 833 for 1 stock.  When you're doing this correctly, the last HD cancel should come out when you basically have zero meter left.  I think the timing issue comes down to how sharp you are in the beginning, before the big loop.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »
Can somebody speculate on things that punish blocked qcb+B?  It seems to be pretty safe (although qcb+D is apparently safer), but I read on the frame data thread that it's like -4.  I guess it probably pushes back far enough that a lot of things can't hit him after it. 

Another question...has anybody tested trying to use qcb+D at the end of blocked strings, like s.C, df+C or s.C, f+A,A?  is it slow enough that a lot of characters can hit you out of it?  Or is it more like 1f grabs can get you and not much else?