Author Topic: Claw Iori (Console)  (Read 77341 times)

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Iori Yagami (Console)
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2012, 12:51:35 AM »
Alright, 899 damage, 2 stock HD combo...

Approaching corner j.C, s.C, df+C [HDA] s.C, df+C, dp+A [HDC] qcb+D [HDC] dp+C, qcb+D [HDC] dp+C, (qcb+B [HDC] dp+C)x2, qcb+B [HDC] (qcf)x2+BD.  pretty easy
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:59 AM »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »
Damn, we arrived at the same exact place XD ^nice

Seeing that reminded me of the death combo I saw from Dune a while back:

And this is crazy easy from mid screen. Only tricky part is the end. Found that you should do the qcfx2+BD and hold BD just as you're running out of meter. Works like a charm.

j.C, s.C, df.C, [HD]s.C, df.C, dp+A, {[HDC]qcb+B, [HDC]dp+C}x2, qcb+B, qcf~hcb+P,  [MC]qcfx2+BD = 1003

(25:10 or so)
KOF XIII KCE public video #333, Basic Introduction, Iori,
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:12:40 PM by BioBooster »

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 01:21:35 AM »
Ok Idk if this goes here or not but I figured it's worth a shot. How in the hell do you fight chin!?
I have 0 idea of how to even approach him with Iori! I'd really appreciate some help.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »
Although not a ton of exposure, I've had good matchups against chin bc I'm often using chrs like Joe with a ground fb to  better control him. I don't have a ton of trouble with other chrs as I've gotten used to his overhead - but again not a ton of exposure.

claw iori? idk, I might use ex cmd throw after blocking his hcf+K, but I think iori's taco is a pretty good move for catching even squat chrs like chin. Just started picking up claw iori and haven't really had that matchup yet.

Perhaps someone better versed in iori could add here.

Or we could always ask our resident chin expert, Kane for his opinion.
@Kane317, what can iori do to....errr...have you had trouble against any ioris of late? ;)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
Although not a ton of exposure, I've had good matchups against chin bc I'm often using chrs like Joe with a ground fb to  better control him. I don't have a ton of trouble with other chrs as I've gotten used to his overhead - but again not a ton of exposure.

claw iori? idk, I might use ex cmd throw after blocking his hcf+K, but I think iori's taco is a pretty good move for catching even squat chrs like chin. Just started picking up claw iori and haven't really had that matchup yet.

Perhaps someone better versed in iori could add here.

Or we could always ask our resident chin expert, Kane for his opinion.
@Kane317, what can iori do to....errr...have you had trouble against any ioris of late? ;)

Hell yes Claw gives me a hard time, doesn't he give everyone a hard time?  Most of the Claws here in SoCal plays him anchor so you have to be EXTRA careful to not get one-shotted by his HD combos.

Max distance s.Bs dash repeats gives Chin a hard time.  I would either have to s.A him back or commit to a qcb B counter but the problem with that is, the counter makes him walk backwards so it's incredibly tricky/risky to time.  With Iori's dash speed in mind, he can convert a simple whiff counter for some good damage (don't forget his s.B is SC-only'able and you can even just do for qcf B, hcb P as he has not qcf K move).  

His hop speed is also so damn fast it's perfect for baiting out counters but since Chin cannot control much vertical space above him his, crossups are very difficult to deal with.  The only thing I've learned recently to do is to do Chin's qcb C move the opposite direction just as Iori jumps over you but you have to be really fast and I've misjudged it before thinking he'd go for the crossup and instead I walk towards them and eat a combo.

Anytime Chin drinks and you're 70% of the screen away let an Ex DM rip and that'll make him think twice about drinking.

You most likely will not be able to punish his hcf K with Iori's command grab because Chin's hcf K is free cancelable into any special.  Safest special for him to cancel into is his counter and of course you can Ex DM him.  The other thing he likes to cancel into is his df B (hop thing fake Kyo kick thing) which leaves Chin at -3F so even your Ex hcf P won't get him in time (5F); just use s.C (3F), normal throw him or do an invincible move like Ex DP.

Lastly, personally I tend to eat a lot of dash in d.B, d.A, f.A, HD...combos, especially if they d.B, stagger d.B dash d.B etc....after doing a lot of crossup mix ups.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:33:21 PM by Kane317 »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2012, 01:37:19 AM »
The detailed (and forthcoming) write-up much appreciated Kane :D

Great showing at MLG btw

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2012, 07:03:52 PM »
Do you guys feel that Claw can work well as a battery? Right now I'm using EX Iori, but I honestly like Claw a lot better. It's just that I want Iori and those normals as a battery.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »
Not really a battery but you can play him 1 or 2 if you will. If you win the first round with iori as 1 you just need an opening to kills his 2 or at least you use your hd to make a comeback against their 1.

Once you have a good anchor you can run Iori at every place you want, I know one player who is playing iori/duo/takuma one other kyo/iori/shen (scariest team ever trust me). 
Just be careful some matchs up might give him troubles meterless (I think about Robert/Kensou, but I'm not playing him it's just observations).
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »
You're probably better off with Flame Iori if you want him as a battery. He just has way more meterless tools.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »
Claw iori doesn't have an invincible dp without meter.
He has a better SDM (especially the normal one with his insane safe jump), more damaging combos.

Flame Iori optimized combo require more execution (Command throw hd and empty cancels).
His qcf.C is just insane. 3f invincible move is always nice.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:04:35 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »
I haven't looked at the frame data for both of their command overheads yet, but I would give the edge to Claw for the better overhead option. First of all, both of them are only able to follow up after their overheads with HD activation, and Claw obviously gets more damage from that. I would also say that I find Claw's overhead harder to read (again, I don't know which one is actually faster), due to the animation actually strangely looking like his close standing B at the startup, which may occasionally cause someone to block low. Flame's f+B also looks pretty obvious. It looks nothing like any of his other attacks.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »
Flame Iori optimized combo require more execution (Command throw hd and empty cancels).
His qcf.C is just insane. 3f invincible move is always nice.

Did you mean his qcf~hcb+AC is insane?  Coz that's the 3F one...

---
Regarding the Claw vs Flame debate I've been given this topic a lot of thought lately and been bouncing some ideas off the SoCal peeps.  Especially when a lot of the Asian tier charts claim Flame is #1 (over Mr Karate) I was extremely intrigued with Flame's potential--and I think I understand now.

Honestly, I think they're pretty close now and Flame might even inch a little ahead if used correctly (empty cancels).  I used to think it was Claw hands down due to higher damage output, better corner game, safer specials.  Flame has better hard knockdowns which means safejump setups, mixups and more frame traps.  His empty cancels really make his frame traps shine and although I need to test it out myself, it makes his qcb A feel safe if done correctly or damn near impossible to punish--someone please verify that.

As for the overhead, technically Claw's is slightly faster and slightly safer by 1F (-3 vs -2).  Both are pretty safe if blocked.

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2012, 11:12:54 PM »
I think (s)he means Flame Iori's dp A+C , as his qcf~hcb+AC isn't invincible, and his EX DP is also a 3f.

Bloom of the Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »
Tiny nitpicks:

I haven't looked at the frame data for both of their command overheads yet, but I would give the edge to Claw for the better overhead option. First of all, both of them are only able to follow up after their overheads with HD activation, and Claw obviously gets more damage from that.

This is not even close to true. Both claw and honoo can cancel their overheads into supers and at low levels of scaling, flame iori's supers do more damage. Players are more likely to have 1 or 2 stocks than 100% HD at just about any given point in a match so this is actually very relevant. Although I do agree that ex iori's much easier to react to.

I think (s)he means Flame Iori's dp A+C , as his qcf~hcb+AC isn't invincible, and his EX DP is also a 3f.

You're right. ex ya otome isn't invincible but ex oniyaki is 4f start up. If you're reading 3f somewhere then it probably is listing strictly start up and not counting the actual frame that the move first gains an active hitbox (which is the 4th frame in this case. Thus it cannot punish moves that are -3 or less on block)

Also Kane:
As far as I remember testing early in the discovery of ec-ing, rekkas cannot be empty cancelled on block and the 1st rekka can't be empty cancelled at all with the exception of the ex version's 1st hit.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:58:10 AM by Bloom of the Wolf »