Author Topic: Mature (Console)  (Read 57061 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Mature (Console)
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »
I'm diggin' the wealth of info... There's a few people over here in SD trying to learn Mature, and I'm still trying search my brain for notes to share with these cats, while picking up new things in the lab...

Anyway, as far as far s.C goes, it's definitely not what it was in 02UM or prior... But, nevertheless, it's still great for closing the gap... I believe you should be able to whiff cancel this move into whatever, so that helps, especially if you're trying to stay behind an Ebony Tears projectile, although you can use that to make Despair safe...

I did manage to come across some block strings that can be used in conjunction with EX Ebony Tears that can help break guard, as well as do chip damage and allow for mixups, especially fishing for a c.B to hit confirm into something else. If you time it right, you can force a GCCD and it will whiff, and possibly trade with EX Ebony Tears if there's still some hits left...

I'm comprising the list and will post up later... But this is something to think about...

DarkGeneral

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »

@DarkGeneral: Cool Man. B Metal Massacre is a fine move.  I can't justify Drive canceling an EX Metal Massacre in the middle of a regular Rekka. It makes no sense from a proration standpoint for value on resourceses spent.  If you really want to drive cancel you can get similar damage for no meter by doing close c, rekka(9) DC qcb+D, qcb+b, qcb+b, close C.  Guaranteed to corner carry.  If you really want to spend a meter, you can either close c, Ex qcb+kick or close c, ex Rekka(5) DC qcb+D or DC on the 4th hit for something similar to the above.  She has a lot of creativity in her combos and I realize it more and more everyday.

I didn't know you could get the extra hits off of qcb D dc'd from rekkas. I should be using the EX Rekka combos more but I've mainly been using the one listed above because thats the one I practiced first with Mature to get decent damage while getting used to the game mechanics. I'm going to start incorporating some of this info in my game.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »
Yeah, EX Metal Massacre does so much damage, especially if you have like 3 stocks, and you just do s.C to EX Metal Massacre loops and finish with whatever you want. I'm trying to see if it can also be used as a special punish for moves that push out further than regular B Metal Massacre, and rekkas...

Spoonz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Is there a trick to getting Close B, Ex Rekka(4) DC D Metal Massacre ? I can't seem to get the MM to connect at all.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »
Is there a trick to getting Close B, Ex Rekka(4) DC D Metal Massacre ? I can't seem to get the MM to connect at all.

I don't think D metal massacre would connect with that... If it were an EX metal massacre, then that would be different... I'm not even sure if landing a counter hit s.B would allow the rest to connect... Honestly, if you are to use an EX move, your best bet is to EX metal massacre rather than EX rekka...

Oh wait!!! If you're launching them after that last hit, there might be a chance that you can land it, but I'm not available to test it right now... I'll test later and figure out the timing and post up when I get home... Other than that, if you're trying to do a straight up ground combo only, then it's not gonna work...

EDIT: Yes it can connect, but I managed to do it in HD mode... It should be possible to combo normally... I have it on my vid posted earlier in this thread, but here's the link if it's too much to scroll: JINXHAND's KOF XIII Mature HD Combo 2

Just watch for the timing though. You have to do immediately after you input the last rekka... She'll DC into qcb+D, but it will look a bit delayed though... If you don't do it fast enough, she'll miss the hitbox by like a small fraction...

I'll try to record it with inputs next time... I had to use the input record function, then play it while recording on my iphone, because I didn't have my laptop available with me at that time...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:32:43 PM by jinxhand »

Spoonz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »
The combo I'm talking about is done by RyRy in the video below.

Winter Brawl 6 - KOF13 GF - RyRy VS LB ChrisG

Usually I'd do normal C rekkas DC EX Metal Massacre, but this seems a little better.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »
The timing for that specific cancel that was used in both combos should be the same... One is just a juggle though, and the other was a straight up ground combo... Nothing else is different...

Ok, I take back what I said about EX rekkas... They're good-- they do damage... The only thing that sucks is that they don't take you to the corner like EX MM does...

So my thing is this: you gotta decide which one to use for the specific situation... I will say though that if you have drive, you still can do EX rekkas and DC into D Metal Massacre, then allowing you to combo further... Other than that, if you're trying to save meter, you gotta determine if you wanna put the opponent in the corner, and sacrifice some damage, or just straight up do the damage, and sacrifice the distance traveled in reaching the corner...

Now if you're like a few steps from the corner, then pick the best option: damage!!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:45:32 PM by jinxhand »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »
Her counter hit j.C+D is awesome... You can land dp+AC, qcb+B/s.C mid-screen or dp+AC, qcb+B, qcb+B, s.C in the corner...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »
Her counter hit j.C+D is awesome... You can land dp+AC, qcb+B/s.C mid-screen or dp+AC, qcb+B, qcb+B, s.C in the corner...

There's a few more things she can do midscreen, but yeah her corner combos are pretty good... If she has meter, there's always the option to do EX Ebony Tears combos...

s.CD is just as good also... If it's a CH, and if you time it right, Mature can HD bypass into a special and combo from practically anywhere on the screen...

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
Testing in training i didn't have seen this combo before :
s.C,rekka EX (4),qcb.D,s.C, rekka  444 dmg 1 ex 1 drive and travel the whole screen lol
d.B,d.B,s.B,s.B,... does 379

Very good damages for a midscreen combo, and not that hard to do.

NVM, the "classic" juggle is better,
s.C,rekka EX (5),qcb.D,qcb.B,qcb.B,s.C  458
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:10:00 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

serious

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
s.C,rekka EX (4),qcb.D,s.C, rekka  444 dmg 1 ex 1 drive and travel the whole screen lol

s.C,rekka EX (5),qcb.D,qcb.B,qcb.B,s.C  458

hmm, I'm having trouble getting a second qcb.B out of that "classic" juggle, which I've been practicing a ton and have down pretty solid, aside from that second qcb.  And when I hit the qcb.b I can't connect the last s.C.  Am I going too slow?

also, I read that heaven's gates has projectile invincibility?  does anyone know more about the data on that?  I feel like I've tried it in a match and got hit, but I may be misremembering.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »

s.C,rekka EX (5),qcb.D,qcb.B,qcb.B,s.C  458

hmm, I'm having trouble getting a second qcb.B out of that "classic" juggle, which I've been practicing a ton and have down pretty solid, aside from that second qcb.  And when I hit the qcb.b I can't connect the last s.C.  Am I going too slow?

also, I read that heaven's gates has projectile invincibility?  does anyone know more about the data on that?  I feel like I've tried it in a match and got hit, but I may be misremembering.

Yeah it does, seen at 3:36 here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=LL3ES4C2abtsUzPK3pHj15oA&v=i5AeoPo2Rj0#t=215s
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:24:12 PM by Terrastorm »

Shin Oni

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2012, 08:06:28 AM »
also, I read that heaven's gates has projectile invincibility?  does anyone know more about the data on that?  I feel like I've tried it in a match and got hit, but I may be misremembering.

it's at the very beginning when she's holding herself. Pretty much before she moves forward. It's nice but you still have to do it pretty close up (about max sweep distance at max range) and on reaction.

BierKlauMeister

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2012, 05:28:51 PM »
Hey guys, was wondering if someone could help me with my team strategy regarding Mature.

I play Mr.Karate / Mature / Joe. And i play with the philosophy that the first character SHOULDNT be a battery, he should build AND use meter/drive, which Mr.Karate excelts at in my opinion so that aint a problem. I believe the 2nd char (in my case, Mature) should be the battery character, and i was wondering if you guys think Mature is well suited for that.

I mean i think she builds up meter pretty fast thanks to her rekkas, but i must say im by no means a good Mature player, ive been focusing mainly on Mr.Karate so i was hoping you guys could tell me if Mature can be played effectively that way or if im just wasting my time playing her on that spot. My strategy with Mature is to build as much meter as possible while damaging my opponent, but the main idea is to go into Joe having full HD and 4 meters, so i can easily confirm any hit into Max Cancel -> kill with his ridiculuous max cancel damage.

Sry for the wall of text, hoping some1 can give me some pointers :)

Shin Oni

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:38 AM »
I play Mature 2nd (mostly now) and she's a great battery. But if she's going in the 2nd slot, you're better off spending meter to possibly kill a character or at least have Joe have less work to do when coming in. But this is probably why she's better on point as Mr. Karate can go second. (or simply play Mature/Joe/Karate). Karate can build meter with backdash>Air hcf+B/D (or hcb. whichever the motion is.) But Karate also does decent damage/pressure without meter. Mature doesn't do much damage without meter though. (or at least half a drive bar.)

It can work, but you hinder things you can do with your 2nd slot character since they're supposed to be able to build meter and use some bar for the damage/kill. In the longrun though, all characters should have the ability to use meter regardless because you'll build it back. You'll definitively build it back before Joe steps up.

Personally I wouldn't "not" use meter with a character. Especially with someone like Mature who has good EX moves and good damaging combos off half a drive bar. If you're going to build meter with her, put her in front and have Karate second.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:42:32 AM by Shin Oni »