Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Console)  (Read 64979 times)

BSeeD

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones (Console)
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »
Thank you for your answers !

Also, just because something may be outdated doesn't mean it doesn't work (unless it is incorrect or has a typo). Have you checked out all the videos posted in this thread for Ralf?

No, I mean that when a game is new, it takes time to find the more efficient/useful combos, so I suppose a large part of the combos listed in 2011 are not the best I can use right ? :)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2014, 08:06:36 PM »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
My god them combos

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »
Tiny tweak for the 2nd last combo in that video: If you cancel the standing C that causes the stun into light explosion, then do another light explosion before the opponent gets up, you will get exactly enough stock to do a super at the end of the post-stun combo. Nets you 898 damage.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2014, 08:57:37 AM »
Is there any use for his EX Gatling Attack? I don't see people using that move at all... which is a damn shame since that move is basically an Easter egg.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »
Another Ralf combo by Myu:

KoF XIII : Ralf Combo (by Myu)

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2015, 02:13:19 AM »
Anybody else ever consider playing Ralf to guard crush? I typically anchor him so I can go with this style.

I found a string that does 64% of guard bar on standard characters for one meter and is GCAB safe. cl C (1 hit), qcb + AC, cl C (1 hit), df +A, qcf + C.

If you start with a j CD it becomes 78%. I say J CD specifically because I haven't been able to make it a true block string off of hop CD, also hop CD guard bar damage is only 12%.

Another thing to note is qcb + AC is plus 5, cl C is 4 frame start up, making it a 1 frame ... link (I can't think of a more appropriate term) if the opponent does not block the cl C at this point the df + A will not connect. You can connect with a qcf + C into cr C into combo of choice if you aren't confident in your timing and just use it as a frame trap instead.

If you guys have suggestions on this style of Ralf I'm all ears. I'd love to hear another Ralf players thought on this and ways to make him scarier.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »

I only play ralf at times when i wanna have some fun with his relentless playstyle lol

I came across someone who completely wrecked me with him (SenX or Flibiz, cant remember which one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cvpiY0FOks

If what you see is what you're searching for i can ask around who it was for advice.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »
Not quite what I was looking for, but solid bait and punish there. That Ralf was also patient, going for a poke here or there til the big punish.

Not bad, but I'm looking to be a more aggressive Ralf. But then again that was only one round of one match. I'd need to see more of their playstyle to determine if it's something I want to mix with mine.

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2015, 05:16:13 AM »

Not bad, but I'm looking to be a more aggressive Ralf. But then again that was only one round of one match. I'd need to see more of their playstyle to determine if it's something I want to mix with mine.

You can't be dumb with Ralf and spam J.CD all day, else ya ass is just asking to get anti-aired. Ralf excels in having great pokes that annoy the shit out of people and are hard to counter and whiff punish. Almost all his air normals are good deep jump-in moves that do not let him have to worry much about being Cr.B AA'ed. You need to create a solid ground game that forces them to try and jump/hop. Now this is actually Ralf's big flaw in a sense that he doesn't have as great normals for air to ground situations and can't make people fear his arsenal of normals and the space around him. He has J.CD as a purpose of trying to combat that, but more than not if you follow under a pattern of Going for blockstrings into J.CD, they'll be more than happy to DP Your shit for that. Ralf wants you to stay grounded so that he can apply pressure with his high priority normals and QCF+C pressure and block strings. What he lacks however is having a viable option besides maybe EX Multi Fist and J.CD to keep opponents out of the air. DF. A is really slow and covers a bad angle, St.A whiffs on crouchers, and if you read wrong, they'll punish you.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2015, 02:43:19 AM »
I agree about the j CDs. it isn't something to just throw out haphazardly but follow up with the best string possible after one gets blocked. And I'm not opposed to poking completely. I suppose I should say I'm attempting to get to his pressure and guard string phase faster, and then guard crush and followup combo sooner.

People are far more willing to block when their gauge is still a good bit above 50% and I'm trying to get them into a panic and demoralize the opponent by crushing that gauge early. And since those are my goals I try to apply pressure sooner, after the opponent sees I'm willing to go after the guard bar early, guard strings add more danger forcing them to take more risks to not fall to those strings. Then I can hang back a little more and punish unsafe reversals. This is of course theory but I intend to put into practice next chance I get (probably at the end of this month). Is there a way to get to the pressure phase earlier without upping the hop/jump offense? Or should I go back and stick to a more poke based offense til I can start pressure games?

On the anti air point, while not great his qcb + P makes a decent anti hop. The hurt box is pretty low and will avoid alot of the smaller hop hitboxes that would still hit if they did a full jump like Shen's hop CD. typically they have enough time to block after failing to hit and landing but since I'm trying to make the opponent block more frequently anyway that suits my needs just fine. It will however still get beat by really low hitboxes like Iori's hop C.

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2015, 07:53:29 AM »
I agree about the j CDs. it isn't something to just throw out haphazardly but follow up with the best string possible after one gets blocked. And I'm not opposed to poking completely. I suppose I should say I'm attempting to get to his pressure and guard string phase faster, and then guard crush and followup combo sooner.

People are far more willing to block when their gauge is still a good bit above 50% and I'm trying to get them into a panic and demoralize the opponent by crushing that gauge early. And since those are my goals I try to apply pressure sooner, after the opponent sees I'm willing to go after the guard bar early, guard strings add more danger forcing them to take more risks to not fall to those strings. Then I can hang back a little more and punish unsafe reversals. This is of course theory but I intend to put into practice next chance I get (probably at the end of this month). Is there a way to get to the pressure phase earlier without upping the hop/jump offense? Or should I go back and stick to a more poke based offense til I can start pressure games?

On the anti air point, while not great his qcb + P makes a decent anti hop. The hurt box is pretty low and will avoid alot of the smaller hop hitboxes that would still hit if they did a full jump like Shen's hop CD. typically they have enough time to block after failing to hit and landing but since I'm trying to make the opponent block more frequently anyway that suits my needs just fine. It will however still get beat by really low hitboxes like Iori's hop C.

Stay with a more poke based offense, let them be conditioned to think that you'll annoy them with Ralf's high priority ground pokes and get the guard gauge down that way and they will panic and do something risky. After they do panic reversal or whiff a normal from your annoying pokes, punish them hard for it. After that, there are 3 ways it can go down.

1. They'll try to throw out a fast move like Cr.B or Cl.C, aka mashing a lot of buttons on wake up.
2. They're real ballsy and will go for a reversal DP or super
3. They'll block

how to beat this:

1. Throw meaties on their wakeup, Cr.B is your best choice since you can link it fairly easy into CL.C already, and the later frames will just basically let you hit the easiest link ever and Cr.B can chain to itself
2. Throw a fake meaty to recover quicker than their reversal and block, then punish them for it.
3. Go for Guard String Pressure, and keep them under control with Frame Trap and run pressure strings.

If 3 happens, keep em eating those buttons until they crack and will DP/reversal, and rinse and repeat

How you get to the pressure phase how well you are in the neutral. You gotta practice footsies first before you get what you want.