Author Topic: Clark Still (Console)  (Read 84437 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still (Console)
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
Bala made a video of the combo i was describing on my previous post.

The cancel of his b~f+C into vulcan punch (miss) then b~f+C is what i was refering too.

Clark HD Combo KOF XIII

Congrats to bala for winning scr and to the other competitors.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 05:39:21 AM »
Thanks dude! Gonna' hit the lab.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »
Just a thought guys: What is more important?

Getting a hard knock down and set them up for whatever?

Or get them in the corner and do 33 stun in the process?

I mentioned it before but I'm approaching Clark the same way I approach Alex from 3rd Strike. There's quite a few similarities between the two of them.

I honestly see putting them in the corner and doing shit loads of stun as being more important then a hard knock down. Just a really basic jumping A, crA into A Charge Punch and the followups do 33 Stun and get 'em in the corner from pretty much anywhere on the screen.

If I get a knockdown mid-screen 9 times out of 10 they run away. Using B SAB all the time is too gimmicky. If I block expecting them to do something on wakeup, most of the time they just runaway. If I try to short hope C I  eat their Wakeup EX.

I just feel like putting them in the corner, doing a lot of sun and limiting their movement options is more important than a hard knock down.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
Can't really play Clark like Alex and stun isn't as important, or frequent, as in 3rd Strike.

Try to learn Clark's wakup game better, its the one thing that will put fear into your opponents for sure. You can trap them in this loop of wakup mixups for a long amount of time if you play your cards right.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:00:39 PM by Diavle »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »
True, but the 8 frames of invincibility to getting grabbed on wakeup takes a lot of getting used to.

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
Can't seem to find any match up thread, so I will ask here instead. How do you guys deal with Billy Kane?

I personally find Billy Kane an extreme bad match up for Clark. I'm still ok with handling projectile characters like Kensou, Robert, Athena, etc. But just not Billy Kane.

Was playing with an online pal who just pick Billy Kane up, and when what I mean is his Billy isn't really good and I already had a hard time getting into his face. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2011, 09:46:03 PM »
Depends if he's being aggressive with Billy or not. If he's being aggressive then look for that hop and hit him with the Charge Punch. If he's being defensive watch out if he has meter, he'll be looking to AA you with EX Upkicks.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: timing the D SAB
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 09:03:41 AM »
wow thats real risky considering the fact that SAB takes 1 frame and there is no telling if you even have a 1 frame gap in between the hits

I take it all of his grabs are 1 frame for start up then i would have to ask what does his EX SAB and super do all i know is more reach

sorry it took me a while to respond

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 09:37:32 PM »
EX SAB does a bit more damage I believe, has longer range, and can be Super Cancelled by itself, Max Cancelled in HD mode.

DM UAB Has solid range, and does more damage again, of course. EX Version buffs those properties.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
so since none of them have any type of invincibility then there wouldnt be much reason to mash out any of his SABs or UABs

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 05:33:27 AM »
i made a combo video (practical combos) for my loved clark, hope you enjoy it:

Clark KOF XIII Combo Video

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 05:53:05 AM »
Good shit dude. Covers pretty much everything with the best Grappler in the game.

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
Hope this is the right place to ask, any tips on where to start with Clark?
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 02:43:18 PM »
I suppose the Clark Wiki is missing general strategy but I'll try to help you:

Clark works on any point. He may benefit the most from being the anchor with all that meter.

His A Charge Punch is somewhat of an AA. It's not the best AA, but it will beat out quite a few jump ins if you do it early.

His EX Charge Punch goes through projectiles except for Super Projectiles. EX Charge Punch will not beat a majority of other moves and most likely will trade.

B SAB Autoguards but don't use it as an AA if they're diving in. Use it wisely on their wakeup as many moves will beat it such as EX Moves, SRK's that can be Drive Cancelled (Kyo especially), and horizontal attacks like Ryo's Tatsu and Joe's Dragon Kick. B SAB can also be used for tick throws like Jumping A or B into B SAB.

His D SAB and EX SAB are one frame and EX SAB has better range and can be Drive Cancelled into Grab Super for easy 430-650 Damage depending on how you combo into it and if you use EX Grab Super.

His CD is one of the best in the game and on the ground can be cancelled into his Dash for easy pressure.

Clark is just a monster. The emphasis should be on rushdown and mixup.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »
Hope this is the right place to ask, any tips on where to start with Clark?

How familiar are you with KOF grapplers? Have you played him before?

To start, learn his normals and his SABs. Standing and jumping CD are extremely good. So is jumping C, which can also result in an air throw. Far standing D is a godly poke. D SAB punishes just about anything on block, whiff or if they are close enough and B SAB has slower startup but full body armor. EX SAB has greater range, more damage and lets you super cancel.

He has very easy and highly damaging HD bypass combos, easy to hit confirm too. SC (2hits), HD bypass into super into nemoax does well over 70% damage.