Author Topic: Clark Still (Console)  (Read 84476 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still (Console)
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
I think the Goro and Clark comparison is a tough one.  

Both have bad match ups IMHO...heck SNKP made a video of how to deal with King vs Goro because that is a tough one.  Faster characters like Iori and Kyo have always been a problem for both of them through the years. Overall, I think Clark's has more mobility which is crucial for grapplers mainly due to his Step (f.BD) and Gatling Attack (c.b~f+P), and jump speed; Goro really has to inch his way in or burn a meter for Ex qcb K.  

Earthquake is alright for dealing with fireballs but it's easily baitable and at least if Clark uses Ex Gatling correctly, he's closing in the gap on the opponent and it can be used as a pseudo anti air as well.  Goro's Ex qcb K is good but it doesn't help Goro travel too far and is only used when you're already up close.   Clark has the airthrow for the hard knockdown while Goro has j.CD (counter wire) setups in to potentially bigger damage.  Goro however, uses his drive meter overall more efficiently (including HD) than Clark.  Clark has better midscreen mixup games while Goro's one doesn't really shine unless he's cornering an opponent.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:10:15 PM by Kane317 »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2012, 12:18:27 AM »
Yeah, good points. That's the thing about Goro's earthquake, it's only good at fullscreen distance. Guarantee you if you do it at midscreen you are asking to be punished real bad. And it's not in anyone's best interest to play fullscreen keepaway against Goro. Which is the opposite with Clark, they want to play fullscreen keepaway and keep out of range of his EX Gatling.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2012, 07:28:48 AM »
After some testing with good players, Clark's Step (toward+B&D) is a really good pressure tool. If you mix that up with his footsies he can really mindfuck you.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2012, 12:51:45 AM »
After some testing with good players, Clark's Step (toward+B&D) is a really good pressure tool. If you mix that up with his footsies he can really mindfuck you.

Urm, what else would you use it for because if it has some other use other than pressuring then I want to know.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2012, 01:13:29 AM »
Well, I tend to use it after CD but it can also work if they whiff a normal. Going to quote Laban on the KOF13 SRK forum

The only best thing I can think of using step for is hit-confirming off a successful sweep then going into Step then setting up for a mix-up upon an opponent that tech rolls and sacrifices throw invulnerability on recovery, then go for Clark's HCF+D.

I'm going to have to try that after a Sweep.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:18 AM »
Well, I tend to use it after CD but it can also work if they whiff a normal. Going to quote Laban on the KOF13 SRK forum

The only best thing I can think of using step for is hit-confirming off a successful sweep then going into Step then setting up for a mix-up upon an opponent that tech rolls and sacrifices throw invulnerability on recovery, then go for Clark's HCF+D.

I'm going to have to try that after a Sweep.

Sounds like pressure to me.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2012, 06:04:52 AM »
Okay, maybe I made the Step sound like it did other things? Not my intent but anyway...

I did some testing to see if doing Step after a successful Sweep is doable. I set the dummy to mash AB. So I tried it and what you have to do is do Two Steps and here's the weird thing. Sometimes D SAB will connect and sometimes it will whiff. I don't know the frame data after a quick roll, but that's just from testing shit out for 20 minutes. I assume after quick roll that they're free for such and such amount of frames. However, if I did s.D into SAB or cr.B into whatever it would land consistently.

Another weird thing I discovered is that sometimes, roughly 1 out of 5, if I do Step I sometimes get s.D instead. And this is me hitting B&D Macro so I don't know why that happens.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:35:10 AM by LouisCipher »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2012, 02:13:08 AM »
Okay, tested it out some more and here's my findings:

If you do Sweep into Step (x2) you cannot land a command grab unless you have them stuck in the corner. Anywhere else on screen you have to go for a regular C or D grab and it will land.

Still, 180 guaranteed damage off of a sweep and you stop them from running away is pretty sweet.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
LouisCipher, are you referring to grabbing them out of a recovery roll?  It's not guaranteed damage if they hold up on wake up.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »
Imo his step is great for movement, since it covers distance so fast.

Very useful for going under jumpers as well.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2012, 12:14:27 AM »
LouisCipher, are you referring to grabbing them out of a recovery roll?  It's not guaranteed damage if they hold up on wake up.

I read on the wiki if they recovery roll that they can get grabbed out. Can you test this out? Because it certainly looks like Clark is at advantage and can grab you out. It's difficult to test this against the dummy.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2012, 08:52:43 AM »
No they don't have any throw invincibility on the wake up, thus they can be grab immediately, but they can jump.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »

I read on the wiki if they recovery roll that they can get grabbed out. Can you test this out? Because it certainly looks like Clark is at advantage and can grab you out. It's difficult to test this against the dummy.

Where do you see it on the wiki coz I can't find it.  Please let me know so I can elaborate on it:  What Sharnt said is correct, recovery rolls have no throw invincibility but you can still jump.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
What you said might be the cause of a misunderstanding.

Recovery rolls are completly safe and invincible.

But contrary to a classic wake up you can be thrown at the first frame after the recovery. Thus if you hold up after the recovery roll since the jump start up as complete throw invincibility you can escape it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:09:24 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:37 PM »
What you said might be the cause of a misunderstanding.

Recovery rolls are completly safe and invincible.

But contrary to a classic wake up you can be thrown at the first frame after the recovery. Thus if you hold up after the recovery roll since the jump start up as complete throw invincibility you can escape it.

Hmm interesting, I just thought you can always jump a throw in time after a recovery roll because you're holding up whereas on a normal wakeup, you have throw invincibility for a few frames and can't be thrown.

Either way the end effect is the same.  Normal wakeup, can't be thrown for a few frames.  Recovery roll, you can be thrown on wakeup--so jump.