Author Topic: Clark Still (Console)  (Read 84883 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still (Console)
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2012, 12:47:16 AM »
Buuuut after Step Clark can do f.C or D to grab, and if they jumped they'd still get tagged by the meatie. So again, he still has advantage.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2012, 08:57:53 AM »
How is A Gatlin as an AA? Because I feel like jump ins (especially CD's) are so good at locking down Clark and I tested it and it seems like A Gatlin will 9 times out of 10 AA or at the least trade.

I feel like you have to play footsies and push them in the corner and either punish a mistake or make them think you're doing something else and get in.

That's the #1 problem with Clark is getting in. Everyone and their mother is content to runaway from him.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »
I've been thinking of short hop charge partion in order to get in and make sure you have an Gatlin' prepared. It's hard to do, but I don't think it's possible to do it after a dash in.

Also, I think Clark's st.B could be used as a frame trap. If it hits you can combo into whatever, including A Gatling. If they block you can do s.C (and technically it combos if you're fast enough) and that will hit them if they try to jump out. Or pretty much anything else on block, like dash in D SAB, st.B then B SAB, or Sweep, or throw in s.D as a poke.

I'm starting to get better at his standard HD Combo couple of clark combos

I'm averaging around 550-625 damage though. For some reason I can do it really easily if I do cr.B, cr.A, HD, A Gatlin' and etc. But if I do st.D, HD, and A Gatlin' it feels kinda' random. Most of the time I just get st.A. The timing is weird.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2012, 06:47:01 PM »
No get into HD from s.D, d/f+A... Then hold back and far s.D, b~f+A...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2012, 06:33:59 AM »
Landed my first hyperdrive combo into Neomax online.

Really starting to settle into how Clark is best used. If they're getting wise to your command grab I need to investigate jumping grab being an effective counter.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2012, 06:22:43 PM »
Landed my first hyperdrive combo into Neomax online.

Really starting to settle into how Clark is best used. If they're getting wise to your command grab I need to investigate jumping grab being an effective counter.

Not to be an ass LC, but other than jumping to avoid grabs, the only thing I can think of is back dashing.  His air throw is the, IMHO, obvious counter to grabs--nothing to investigate.  Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:12:39 PM by Kane317 »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »
Oh yeah, I've dealt with that. They mostly like backdashing on wakeup. I still maintain Clark is still scary because of solid Gatlin' combos. Lately I've been running him 1st on my team and seeing good results.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2012, 02:34:36 AM »
hey guys, sorry if this has been covered already, but how do i reliably punish clarks A gatling punch? everytime i try to punish i get command grabbed. its driving me crazy because ive been having this problem for a long time, and clark users are abusing it on me more and more these days. everytime i fight a clark they spam  gatling punch > command grab to get in for free, because they know i dont know how to properly punish. trial and error during matches over the past several months has not taught me at all how to deal with this.

how many frames is it - on block?

run up st.C i get grabbed. standing still and doing far C doesnt seem to work either. ive tried letting their grab whiff and punishing that, but clark seems to recover in time and go into his guard point grab after. the only thing ive gotten to work in a match is a tic throw, but thats techable, and im not sure if thats legit, or if the opponent was just being slow that time.

i really need some help figuring this out! i tried it out in training mode before asking such a question, but i cant get the dummy set up properly. i cant get my char to block while i record clark, so the timing on his gatling punch > grab is never right.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2012, 03:58:35 AM »
All the gatlin's are punishable on block with either a command grab or just do cr.B into whatever. Online is a different story. I tested it online and depending on the connection I can do EX Gatlin' and if they try to punish I can do another one, that's how dumb online is sometimes.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:52 AM »
i guess i will just have to work on my timing. if cr.B can punish i figure st.C / far.C  should work too depending on the character.

how many frames are the different versions negative on block? i think that would really help me figure out my options. the double EX gatling is another one that people never cease to abuse on me.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »
Dunno. We're still waiting for Clark frame data.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2012, 06:12:33 PM »
Dunno. We're still waiting for Clark frame data.

Half of his frame data is up; we're still waiting for him to test Clark's specials--his normals are done.  I'll post them later, is there a particular frame count that you want to know?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2012, 10:51:11 AM »
Frames on s.D. close D. Hop A. Jump C. Jump CD. s.CD. s.C.

Would love to know the frame count on jump grab and B SAB.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2012, 12:54:54 AM »
feels like A gatling is around -6 or 7. very easy to punish with 4 frame specials or quick DM. kinda embarrassed ive been getting abused by a move this unsafe for so long. =x

i guess my problem was expecting a combo out of it. too far away to use close normals... the  cr.B is very easy to hit, but too far away to combo off of. the only character i can get a combo with is Terry because of the cr.A cr.C chain, but for some reason the one frame slower cr.A is way harder to connect than cr.B, so i dont think i could do that in a match.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2012, 07:25:06 AM »
Frames on s.D. close D. Hop A. Jump C. Jump CD. s.CD. s.C.

Would love to know the frame count on jump grab and B SAB.

STARTUP / RECOVERY

Far D: 9F/-3
Close D: 4F/-6
Hop A: 4F/--
Jump C: 10F/--
Jump CD: 13F/--
Stand CD: 13F/+3F
Far C: 12F/-4

No data on specials but I'm sure the air gab is 1F.