Author Topic: Clark Still (Console)  (Read 84451 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clark Still (Console)
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2012, 09:26:47 AM »
Yeah I realized after I posted that jump grab is one frame. Thanks for the info dude!

I forgot to ask about Hop D and Hop B though...

Ah well.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »
I dunno why air normals are so important to you; air battles have too many factors between distance and jump arcs it's kinda pointless to learn...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2012, 11:44:50 PM »
The reason why is that I wanted to see how bad jCD is. Also I've had a lot of success with Hop D as an air-to-air and it beats a TON of other air-to-air shit. Same with hop B. I don't know if it's bad timing or what but when I'm dealing with someone who's either aggressive or playing the zoning game whenever I jump in with CD that's when they jump at me and mash buttons and it beats it. That's never happened with hop D.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2012, 09:54:03 AM »
The reason why is that I wanted to see how bad jCD is. Also I've had a lot of success with Hop D as an air-to-air and it beats a TON of other air-to-air shit. Same with hop B. I don't know if it's bad timing or what but when I'm dealing with someone who's either aggressive or playing the zoning game whenever I jump in with CD that's when they jump at me and mash buttons and it beats it. That's never happened with hop D.

Well in those cases, you kinda have to just go by feel and just eyeball it because there's too much variation with jump height due to four jumps and distance etc...

Even though distance plays a big factor on ground battles but at least there's more consistency: Move X has a -5 recovery so as long as you're not too far, Move Y will beat it since it has a +4 startup etc.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2012, 06:21:31 AM »
after watchin MYU i have usin his death lake drive alot more but im not able 2 get it off effectively as i want....... with that said when the opponent iz in the air am i only able 2 catch em when there at da peek of there jump/hop???

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2012, 10:27:31 AM »
after watchin MYU i have usin his death lake drive alot more but im not able 2 get it off effectively as i want....... with that said when the opponent iz in the air am i only able 2 catch em when there at da peek of there jump/hop???

No, you can throw them whenever, as long as you're close.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2012, 12:23:17 AM »
do u have 2 b da same height in the air? and i heard that when u throw u have 2 hold the button down to throw or can u just tap it

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2012, 01:44:44 AM »
No offense but your grammar is horrible. But to answer your question: He can air grab you so long as he's within about 2 character spaces roughly. So, if they're really close to you and they jump and you have good reactions you can jump and grab them before they can do a move. And yes you can tap it so long as you're holding left or right as you do it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:21:21 PM by LouisCipher »

Furious Fandango

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »

Hi

Im new at Clark, i am play Clark sometimes

Clark has difficult against turtle player like Ash or Saiki
any tip to get in, against zoning player like Ash or Saiki, if I do  Jump Attack  how to avoid his Upper Kick ?

and it is possible to do air Blowback(C+D) then Air Grab ?

Thanks

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2012, 07:26:10 PM »
Against ash
You can't jump on him if he's ready to throw the flash kick. You have to come attack by another way than a jump-in. Since it is a charge move he has to hold down to have it ready, so he cannot move easily or he loses his charge = he is vulnerable to throws and overheads. Clark doesnt have any overhead except the jump attack which you cannot use but he has very good throws. If he becomes too defensive and you see he is crouching forever waiting for you, run and grab or walk and grab (from a close range, dont start running from the other side of the screen), the level 2 has the biggest range, then it's level 1 super then ex throw then normal (I think, clark players can correct me on this) so you can use this to your advantage to grab him from the max range possible before he even notices that he can be thrown.
You can punish his fireballs by using ex gattling  ;bk~ ;fd ;a ;c the moment you see the startup of the fireball use the move, you have to be quick and to be close or else you can stop in front of him or he has time to block it and punish you.
If you need to come closer to him and he's spamming fireballs just block them and walk until you're at the good range (close enough to run grab or punish the fb), you get more meter when you block fireballs than your opponent that throws it. You can also jump but don't directly jump to avoid the fireball and fall on top of him or just in front, you have to land outside of the range of the flash kick, then walk a bit to be at the good range.
You have to take your time, you can't rush him down too much.

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
Max range punish (tip of st. ;c range)

Some of the times, it does happen, we are not able to punish with a full combo and have to settle for a  ;dn ;d or st.  ;c or  ;d

A good way to capitalize of this is to do st. ;c or  ;d, even from max range, in the startup frames star doing the input for TNT punches ( ;a, ;a, ;a, ;a) and when you make contact with the oponent with the st. ;c do an EX backbreaker.

What happens her is that you cannot super cancel his st. ;c for anything else but the TNT punches, but, you can also cancel the startup animation for any Special move, this allows his st. ;c to be canceled into anymove that you want.

So again, st. ;c (from far distance), TNT punches and cancel startup animation for EX backbreaker and follow up with an EX DM

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »
^ That's actually very interesting Sir Octopus, I'm going to try that!

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2012, 12:48:45 AM »
^ That's actually very interesting Sir Octopus, I'm going to try that!
I'm adding it to the next cmv, so heads up x)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2012, 02:21:26 AM »
i wonder if thats the reason y his st.C has a slower start up then ralfs st.C

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage