Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Console)  (Read 97691 times)

Mr.Nannie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern (Console)
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2012, 06:06:07 PM »
Why has everyone abandoned her... did she get nerfed hard.
Anyway she is just one of the few chars Ive used so far. Maybe I should switch her out??

thanks for the tips though, Ill watch arcade edition matches and see what I can come up with .

So far I try to stop far jump ins with my electric orb.
For Deep/wake-up AA I use  ;dn ;up ;c .
 trying to zone with my grenades and run in behind it for a mix-up.
 The Bnb Im working on is:
 ;dn ;b ;b ;fd ;b  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c ;dn ;up ;c ;bk ;fd ;d ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub ;c

does that suond like a decent base...
Also does she have any moves with inv on started, cant tell if  ;dn ;up ;a ;c is inv on startup or not?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:08:40 PM by Mr.Nannie »
XboxLive gamertag: Paul Nannie

Mr.Nannie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2012, 09:12:25 PM »
I went to smoai2010's page and his kof13 matches wen't in there own seperate playlist. From what I could tell they were just mixed in, and without discription of the teams who were facing off. haah.
oh well. I saw a video posting thread in the general discussion, but would anyoone be opposed to me creating a Leona video thread for KOf13 here in the Kof /Char Disc/ Leona section?
I just dont know all of the protocol fro DreamCancel forums.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2012, 10:17:11 PM »
I saw a video posting thread in the general discussion, but would anyoone be opposed to me creating a Leona video thread for KOf13 here in the Kof /Char Disc/ Leona section?
I just dont know all of the protocol fro DreamCancel forums.

Please feel free to make a video thread for her character section. Along with another other character specific threads on topics you feel will make good discussion or find more insight on. Go ahead. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
Why has everyone abandoned her... did she get nerfed hard.
Anyway she is just one of the few chars Ive used so far. Maybe I should switch her out??

thanks for the tips though, Ill watch arcade edition matches and see what I can come up with .

So far I try to stop far jump ins with my electric orb.
For Deep/wake-up AA I use  ;dn ;up ;c .
 trying to zone with my grenades and run in behind it for a mix-up.
 The Bnb Im working on is:
 ;dn ;b ;b ;fd ;b  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c ;dn ;up ;c ;bk ;fd ;d ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub ;c

does that suond like a decent base...
Also does she have any moves with inv on started, cant tell if  ;dn ;up ;a ;c is inv on startup or not?

ex moonslasher is inv so it could be an option on wake up and in most cases it blocks cross ups too.
it seems she got huge nerfs from the arcade edition (which i cant tell cause i didnt play it) like damage nerfs in HD combos and more punishable after special moves.but few important buffs too like v-slasher C trajectory, hop A used for instant overheads, fB faster and i dont remember what else. to me is not that bad at all and not so low tier but if i can suggest u, dont drop her just cause maybe she is not so strong.if u like the character keep it goin on and u make her a top tier training a lot and kicking ass with her.
about the channel smoai2010 unfortunately it is hard to make a research cause they dont call the team and characters used u have to watch them but i can tell u most of the leona u ll find there r pretty nice !!

Mr.Nannie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:53 AM »
right on thanks...
*note- you said that ex moonslasher would 'block' cross-ups, im sure you meant to say it would trade and/or punish with cross-ups ;)

You know what im not using at all yet, is footies, in Kof.
Anyone here have some fav footies tools with Leona.

Being so new still, IDK if I should focus on (Air to Air or Ground to Air) or (Ground to Ground or Air to Ground), you know... haha

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »
her corner game is great to just crush people mentally with the instant high/low mixups,

but it seems they can guess and try "chicken blocking" and take a hit of the instant overhead > vslasher and avoid the super for a full punish.

i know i can just do meaty cr.B, but if i decide to wait on their wakeup and they jump, what would be the best punish w/ or w/o meter?

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 08:08:58 AM »
right on thanks...
*note- you said that ex moonslasher would 'block' cross-ups, im sure you meant to say it would trade and/or punish with cross-ups ;)

You know what im not using at all yet, is footies, in Kof.
Anyone here have some fav footies tools with Leona.

Being so new still, IDK if I should focus on (Air to Air or Ground to Air) or (Ground to Ground or Air to Ground), you know... haha

yea i meant ex moonslash wins on crossups :)

Mr.Nannie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
Sweet thanks.

Something that if been using as a zoming tool for Leona is;
 Kara CD xx Baltic Launcher

if you get a counter then you get a full combo into Super.
This tool has had limited success for me, but some success none the less.
another tool for corner pressure if tried using is;
Baltic Launcer, tk EX Excaliber, dash in for high/low mix-up (if they block) or combo if you connect.

Woo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2012, 07:38:04 AM »
Just getting serious with this game, and I'm trying to figure out how to reliably cancel the moon slasher into grand slasher continuously. 

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2012, 09:01:21 AM »
Just getting serious with this game, and I'm trying to figure out how to reliably cancel the moon slasher into grand slasher continuously. 

Welcome Woo. Speaking from limited experience, outside of HD activation, best place to drive cancel moon slasher into grand slasher more than once is in the corner. This vid of Leona's BnBs can show a little of when to pull them off. @0:35, you'll see her pulling it off mid-screen. @1:17 you'll see the HD comboing, and you'll notice the canceling from moon slasher has to come out quicker than usual.

When I've tried it, I always held db for the best reference. It feels like a second or less difference from db~u to db~f.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:26 AM »
Sweet thanks.

Baltic Launcer, tk EX Excaliber, dash in for high/low mix-up (if they block) or combo if you connect.

mmm never found kara baltic launcher usefull. i mean it is a tool for zoning of course so u want to use it after a earring or expeting a jump wich means u r already perfectly placed in the right spot and i dont even know if a kara baltic launcher would win against a jump in cause of the start up

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »
Sweet thanks.

mmm never found kara baltic launcher usefull. i mean it is a tool for zoning of course so u want to use it after a earring or expeting a jump wich means u r already perfectly placed in the right spot and i dont even know if a kara baltic launcher would win against a jump in cause of the start up
Yea I used to use Kara CD xx Baltic Launcher but it didn't do anything that useful for me in my matches at tournies,jump ins usually stuff it if there within range or it'll trade.

Mr.Nannie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS...
YEAH THE LIMITED SUCCESS i HAD WITH THIS WAS DEF AGAINST GROUNDED OPPS. TYPICALL IF THEY WERE LOOKING TO DASH IN FOR A COMMAND THROW OR A CR ;b.

Damn caps.

the increased range it was giving me was probably one of the greater benefits this tech provides. (gaining ground while putting up a defense barrier.
Also I would seem that Leona's CD is pretty nice, I havent used alot of the cast yet but it seems like a good normal.

Iyokuu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2012, 02:40:47 AM »
How do you Neo MAx cancel with Leona?!

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »
neomax cancel with her off EX V slasher or her other super, regular V slasher does not max cancel to neomax. I'm not sure what exactly you're asking, is the timing giving you trouble?