Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Console)  (Read 97678 times)

Iyokuu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern (Console)
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »
From her I don't remember the name, but her DM with her slashing back and forth. It's the most common Max cancel I've seen online. In fact it's the only one. I don't know the timing or how to Max cancel in the first place.

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »
You want to do it when the last hit (the explosion) of the DM connects. Also if you're midscreen you'll probably end up on the opposite side of where you started, so remember to input the Neomax command based on that side.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

Sephiroth73003

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »
So I picked up leona a few days ago and have to say I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be.

High metered damage, easy confirms, solid mixup, and good frame advantage. HD combo is really amazing. 2 meters can easily net you 850.

Things I've been messing with. f. C -> HD -> cl.D -> HD Combo. Easy way to setup her hd combo from a distance. Reasonably hit confirmable to boot.

After a jump in you can do cr. C -> back-forward AC in the corner then get whatever mixup you want in addition to stealing over half their guard bar.

Downside seems to be that her mixup isn't easily hit confirmable so if they guess overhead they can hurt you pretty bad.

Thing that really is bothering me is her lack of hard knockdowns : / anyone have a decent crossup setup for her? I can't find stuff that works well since they can tech roll everything. Can't even jump in after her throw without getting guaranteed uppercutted.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »
Her overhead does a hard kd.
And it's more about high/low mixups.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Blackout2021

• New Challenger
  • Fraud of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2012, 03:07:42 AM »
So I decided to finally go back to my roots and start playing my girl Leona again. The main problem I am having right now is instant overhead into super. I'm aware that I have to qcf~u ;d but most of the time all I end up getting is jump forward  ;d. Are there any particular tricks to pulling this off?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »
You have two choices :
do 23698 + K or 2368 + K, with the first one, you must wait to be really on the 8 if you do it too early you will end with a j forward.
You must do the move really fast with the stick then wait a little and push D, the timing is more loose than you think but you 're doing it too fast imo.  You must complete the move by 63214+P but if you have did it well you can start to input before pushing the D ...

Train train train as always.

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
If youre doing the overhead after a d.B, you can buffer the qcf when she's doing the kick then do u.D qcb+A, i find it easier to do like this.

Blackout2021

• New Challenger
  • Fraud of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2012, 02:53:46 AM »
Ok so after almost 3 days of practicing this I can get it pretty consistently from the player 2 side. But I for the life of me can't even churn out 1 on the player 1 side. This is the most infuriating thing I've ever practiced I swear.

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2012, 09:38:04 PM »
Ok so i'm having anti-Leona issues.  Its the fucking Baltic Launcher.  I feel like I can't do anything once this move comes out.  I play Ex Kyo, Ex Iori and Mr. Karate.  I know you can sweep the C version and jump the A version at a specific angle.  This move is giving me fits lol.  I feel like it shuts down EX Kyo and EX Iori.  HELP lol
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »
You can also use your Ex sdm to punish it easily or just guard it.

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2012, 12:24:25 AM »
Well yea SDM but thats 2 bars.  Im looking something meterless.  Also blocking it puts her at advantage.  A situation you don't wanna be in.

After thinking about diff strats I have an idea.  Just gotta try it out tomorrow.
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2012, 01:57:55 AM »
hey guy which HD combos you use for corner to corner carries wiht leona? I don't know what to do 
Only combo HD i pull off are midscreen 

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2012, 02:12:46 AM »
I believe it's her trial 8 where she does the corner carry. It's the one I use.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2012, 11:14:21 AM »
Here's a little food for thought: her qcb+HP drive cancels into her EX qcb+PP. Pretty obvious but seldom used.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »
Neat! It combos in the corner as well (spacing dependant, probably the size of their hurtbox differentiates how many hits you can get easily also). For two bar one drive I get 50 less than the standard 1b1d bnb unfortunately (j 214C (DC) 214AC > D grand sabre > v slasher)

looks really cool though