Author Topic: Athena Asamiya (Arcade Version)  (Read 34230 times)

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
Re: Athena Asamiya
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »
Can the recovery on Athena's "Psycho Ball" be compared to Guile's "Sonic Boom"? The recovery seems really fast. Of course I don't even know the recovery of her Psycho Ball lol.

The only one you can compare to that would be her EX psycho ball.  Chasing behind that version can lead to mix ups and making your opponent make a mistake.  You have enough options to force a 50/50 on block or punish them for trying to jump it.

If you want to use more of those options, my opinion is to put her second on your team. 

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2011, 12:57:31 AM »
Just gonna ask this again haha. Did anyone play her at Evo or SVB? Any info?
I used her at EV but as for giving any real pointers I doubt I have any that hasn't already been disgusted here.

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2011, 01:16:59 AM »
Should her teleport be used as a pseudo cross-over?

It is kinda punishable, but since the ex version is now able to be canceled at any time I think this can potentially led to more stuff.

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »

It is kinda punishable, but since the ex version is now able to be canceled at any time I think this can potentially led to more stuff.
I would say it'll all very on how the match is going. But yeah the ex is looking really good.

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2011, 09:22:03 PM »

I would say it'll all very on how the match is going. But yeah the ex is looking really good.

Hmm, Athena seems really solid this time around, ever since she was probably the only "SSS" tiered fighting game character ever in vanilla 2002 she's been getting weaker and weaker but in this game it looks like shes getting back to being a really good character.

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2011, 04:39:19 AM »
How's her Standing B as a anti air? I was able to knock a opponent out the air but, really see people use her standing B as a anti air.
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »
How's her Standing B as a anti air? I was able to knock a opponent out the air but, really see people use her standing B as a anti air.

I noticed the limb did not go out as far as it seems with the animation.  Other than using reflector or psycho sword to AA, seems you just have to block or use meter to roll away.  I noticed that close standing D was a decent anti air if they tried to neutral jump, but that is the only time I could really use it.

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2011, 11:45:25 PM »
I developed two setups for Athena:

Setup: 1
6or4 C/D > h9 > J6B

This is a deceptive crossup setup that also crosses up the opponent's inputs on wake up. This setup loses to Kensou when he does EX DP since the game automatically OSs his command backdash and secondly it loses to any charger character's reversal. Now if J6B hit you can confirm into j214D, if you want to be extra safe you can confirm into EX J214BD. Another note is if the opp rolls backward the setup os's and Athena will fall and catch the back roll and get hit with reflector. If they roll forward Athena gets telelport I have another theory is if you do 6or4 C/D > h9 > j6B > 426D/BD if you'll get command throw instead upon forward roll.

Setup: 2
426 A/C > 66 > 5D > 214AC > 66 > SJ > JC > J6B

An EX or double overhead setup, the second dash forward is to gauge where the opponent is going to roll forward, if the opp rolls back the orb catches there back roll in recovery. If they Jump Orb catches them and you can combo off the air hit. If they roll forward 2B meaty them or grab and rinse repeat into setup 1.
MBAA: Artifex Hyacinthinas
KOFXIII: Athena\ K' \ Leona or \Kyo

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2011, 02:33:58 AM »
ATHENA ASAMIYA COMBO KOF XIII.wmv

performed by yours truly.

COMBO NOTATION

C, B+C, C, f+B, qcb+D-qcb+B, qcb+a, dp+C-qcf+B, qcb+A,dp+C-qcf+B, qcb+A, dp+C-qcf+B, qcb+A, hcb+fAC.

NOTES.
-You can add a jump in attack for extra damage.
-The trick to canceling her dp into her teleport is by pressing f+b instead of the ful qcf+B
-Replacing her psycho ball, psycho sword, teleport loops with a MAX canceled SDM/DM gives you about the same amount of damage. The combo shown is easier to pull off in a real match and costs only 2 power stocks and a full HD.
-Replacing any of her moves (besides the psycho balls) with an ex version is not worth it since Athena's damage scaling really kills her NEOMAX.

comments? questions? concerns?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2011, 02:50:23 AM »

I think using EX teleport for this is great for mixing it up. EX can be cancelled into specials or greater at any time. Normal teleport can be handy for appearing on the opponent as they wake up.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2011, 06:19:01 PM »
I highly doubt this is possible, but after seeing that crazy Athena combo by SNK, I'll believe anything. So, I'd like someone to confirm it for me:

Can Athena cancel out of her Phoenix Arrow into something else (say, a Psycho Sword or a Shining Crystal Bit) while still rolling in the air?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Athena Asamiya (Arcade Version)
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »
Let's move this console discussion to the new thread: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1672.0