Author Topic: Athena Asamiya (Console)  (Read 72385 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Athena Asamiya (Console)
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:38:50 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Command Normals
Phoenix Bomb - ;fd + ;b

Special Moves
Psycho Ball - ;qcb + ;a / ;c *

Psycho Sword - ;dp + ;a/  ;c *

Teleport - ;qcf + ;b / ;d *

Phoenix Arrow - ;qcb ;b / ;d (in air) *

Reflector - ;qcb + ;b / ;d *

Psychic Throw - ;hcf + ;a / ;c (close) +

Desperation Moves
Shining Crystal Bit - ;hcb x2 + ;a / ;c (ground or air) > ;a ;c (for Cancel) *

Neomax
Psycho Medley XIII - ;hcb ;fd ;a ;c

Athena's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
* Phoenix Bomb (from Cancel: f.B) has a different trajectory from arcade version and hits a crouching opponent as a combo from a normal fierce.
* Weak Phoenix Arrow’s (air qcb K) recovery time has been reduced, but it also causes a shorter Hitstun on the opponent.
* EX Psycho Teleport (Ex qcf K) can be canceled with a special or super. The Arcade version only allowed drive canceling at the second half of the move, but it no longer has that limit and it’s also a normal cancel now (doesn’t cost drive meter).
- Standing CD comes out faster.
* Shining Crystal Bit (hcb x2+P) doesn’t move back on execution.

Producer Yamamoto says: Weak Phoenix Arrow has been balanced so that it can’t be punished with normal moves on a block. Since there’s less worries about it being punished, it should be effective to use it together with her buffed up Phoenix bomb, There’s other changes that Athena users should be happy about, like her standing CD and her Shining Crystal Bit.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:08:41 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Athena Asamiya (Console)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:39:10 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:08:50 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:39:21 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:08:58 PM by nilcam »

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:11:08 AM »
Let's talk Athena lol

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »
OK since this wasn't answered in the previous thread, I'll ask it here:

Can Athena cancel out of her Phoenix Arrow into something else (say, a Psycho Sword or a Shining Crystal Bit) while still rolling in the air?

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
OK since this wasn't answered in the previous thread, I'll ask it here:

Can Athena cancel out of her Phoenix Arrow into something else (say, a Psycho Sword or a Shining Crystal Bit) while still rolling in the air?

I've done so in HD mode and reg Super Cancel with Phoenix Arrow into Shining Crystal Bit. My timing and input may be off to do Psycho Sword though. But i will keep trying
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:46:51 PM by Emperor Paine »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:34:18 AM »
i have a lot of problems beating this psycho bitch!
i encountered a really good athena player some days ago on psn.. his team was athena,chin and vice. Chin was kinda of tricky but i managed to beat him, Vice too,but the bitch... my god. She was his first char.. he easily beat 2 of my mains (billy and ralf) w/out problems. Then when i need to use my last char i got lucky (not always).
The problems are the psycho balls. With billy and ralf dunno how to beat her.. if she throw me at the corner I am fucked.. any suggestion?
I usually start with Billy, then Ralf, and Clark (or viceversa)

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
i have a lot of problems beating this psycho bitch!
i encountered a really good athena player some days ago on psn.. his team was athena,chin and vice. Chin was kinda of tricky but i managed to beat him, Vice too,but the bitch... my god. She was his first char.. he easily beat 2 of my mains (billy and ralf) w/out problems. Then when i need to use my last char i got lucky (not always).
The problems are the psycho balls. With billy and ralf dunno how to beat her.. if she throw me at the corner I am fucked.. any suggestion?
I usually start with Billy, then Ralf, and Clark (or viceversa)

I don't play with your characters, but as an Athena player, being cornered isn't a good thing for her.

You can try rolling through her psycho ball attack and try to bait her punishable psycho sword. Athena can be good upclose, but she needs to have room to fall back on her zoning game.

I have a lot of problems fighting players who play mindgames better than Athena. Clark's B grab is really good since it has the godlike protection it now has, and it can be used against Athenas in the corner.

Esura

• New Challenger
  • I like ice cream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
I don't play with your characters, but as an Athena player, being cornered isn't a good thing for her.

You can try rolling through her psycho ball attack and try to bait her punishable psycho sword. Athena can be good upclose, but she needs to have room to fall back on her zoning game.

I have a lot of problems fighting players who play mindgames better than Athena. Clark's B grab is really good since it has the godlike protection it now has, and it can be used against Athenas in the corner.

This would explain my current predicament with Athena. I get cornered easily against Clark, particularly due to my poor timing of Psycho Balls and Psycho Shield.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:32:58 PM by Esura »

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 11:27:22 PM »

This would explain my current predicament with Athena. I get cornered easily against Clark, particularly due to my poor timing of Psycho Balls and Psycho Shield.
Only thing i can tell you with that matchup against Clark is to wait. Bait that  ;b grab. Hit and run tactics work best for me. If you get cornered and they are heavy on using the grab just jump or  ;up ;c ;d
knock them away so you get breathing room.

currentlemon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 04:23:01 AM »
12月22日:対戦動画
In this video here, this Athena player here does an interesting corner loop.  Go to 9:39 to see it.  Also, Kyou Fujibayashi FTW.

Joe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 03:42:16 PM »
I was about to post that video. A quick look at the combo, I got something like:

HCF+P > DP+P (1 hit) > (DC) >214+PP > Dash Under > j.f+LK > j.214D > j.f+LKx3 > j.214D > (DC) > 214+PP > j.f+LK x5 > j.214D > HCBx2+P

Hope its right, I'm not too familiar with Athena but I've picked her up recently, and this loop is pretty awesome.

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
Is that loop character specific? I haven't tried it yet, but it seems so...

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 06:34:55 PM »
Is that loop character specific? I haven't tried it yet, but it seems so...
Nope its not character specific it works on all chars
btw peeps here's an Athena Combo vid I made for us
I know there's some ppl that probably already made one but I did it for the hell of it since I like her alot
Welp hope u guyz enjoy it
KOF XIII Athena Combo Video

hmmm....... I wonder if any1 can guess all of the customizations used in this video =3
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:43:23 PM by p___a__i__n »

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 08:53:58 PM »
I was about to post that video. A quick look at the combo, I got something like:

HCF+P > DP+P (1 hit) > (DC) >214+PP > Dash Under > f+LK > j.214+KK > j.f+LKx3 > j.214D > (DC) > 214+PP > j.f+LK x5 > j.214D > HCBx2+P

Hope its right, I'm not too familiar with Athena but I've picked her up recently, and this loop is pretty awesome.

Fixed. It's possible with j.f+B as well but it's way easier doing it this way. You have to make sure most of the EX Phoenix Arrow whiffs and the kick at the end connects. It's best to short hop to get the j.f+Bs to connect.