Author Topic: Athena Asamiya (Console)  (Read 72410 times)

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Athena Asamiya (Console)
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2012, 12:51:48 AM »
Do db.a or b then hcf, f+p to get the dash you are looking for

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Athena Asamiya (Console)
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2012, 01:21:55 AM »
Or if you want to do run > grab for a longer distance, you should do run > hcf , uf+P . That way you won't get her DP.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:29:56 AM by Tikok »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
Athena can combo into Neomax reliably from a mid-screen psycho throw for really good damage... This technically gives her an invincible grab Neomax that only costs 2 meters and does about 60%...!!!

hcf+C, mid-air activate f+B, hcb+D, DC, qcb+C, DC, Neomax = 576 dmg

If you are near the corner then you can get more damage by doing her corner combo from the throw... You will also have the option of spending another meter to get even more damage... If by any chance you don't fully corner your opponent (after dp+A, DC, hcf+B) then you will end up in the corner yourself, so be careful... If this happens then you need to immediately input Neomax backwards...

hcf+C, mid-air activate f+B, hcb+D, DC, hcf+B, dp+A, DC, hcf+B, qcb+A, (dp+C, DC, hcf+B, qcb+A)x2, Neomax = 662 dmg
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:17:07 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2012, 12:33:02 AM »
Athena's 2 meter corner HD from throw does about 720 damage actually. I'll post the combos and the damage later if you want, I have a headache right now...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:34:50 AM by Tikok »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2012, 02:16:07 AM »
Are those consistent? I was trying out other options but they seemed to be really hard to time... I found that one i posted to be most consistent... Post it so i can see how difficult yours is...

Also I found about a full life setup near the corner with 2 meters + HD... You reset them in between... Do s.D, HD, s.C, f+B, hcb+D, DC, qcb+B, qcb+A, dp+C, DC, qcf+B, qcb+A, cr.C, qcf+B... It will do 442 damage... Then after the teleport, if you do s.A, hcf+C they won't be able to jump out or roll out... If you wait just a bit then you can just do hcf+C and throw them which will work if they are trying to block... From this you still have time to do hcf+C, qcb+A, qcb+C, dp+C, DC, qcf+B, Neomax for another 550ish damage...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
Are those consistent?
Totally. I always land these in matches. Anyway... here we go~ 

Athena 2 meter HD off throw :

Corner -  hcf+P , qcb+A, j.f+BC, air qcb+B, [dp+C , DC qcf+B, qcb+A]x3 , dp+C, DC qcf+B, f+B, air qcb+D , Neomax = 720 damage

Midscreen - hcf+P , j.f+BC, air qcb+D, DC qcf+B , dp+A , DC qcf+B , qcb+A , [dp+C , DC qcf+B, qcb+A]x2, dp+C , DC qcf+B, neomax = 674 damage

Pretty much the same as your combo but with another dp+C added. I have a fullscreen HD too it's not worth it , and DP ~ teleport loop HD or just buttloop without HD is better.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:44 PM »
for that corner combo, did u really mean just f+B? not j.f+B? i'd imagine the combo would stop from a grounded one, but you tell me

sick combos though, definitely going to be implementing them into my game

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
Yes, I really meant f+B. Your opponent is high enough from the DP teleport loops to give Athena enough time to do it.

It also makes the kick of air qcb+D connect without requiring any timing.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2012, 09:00:31 AM »
Ok the corner combo you posted is great... I'm just gonna leave the qcb+A in the beginning out to make the start of the combo easier... Also the first dp+C has to be at a perfect height or the last f+B won't connect at the end... I still get 691 damage...

Also this gives her an awesome counter hit s.C+D combo in the corner...

CH s.C+D, f+B, *delay* qcb+B, dp+C, DC, qcf+B, f+B, qcb+D, dp+C = 403 dmg

Similarly she gets the same combo from her throw...

hcf+C, qcb+A, qcb+C, dp+C, DC, qcf+B, f+B, qcb+D, dp+C = 407 dmg

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
Also the first dp+C has to be at a perfect height or the last f+B won't connect at the end... I still get 691 damage...
Is that so? I never had any problems with it, since the dp teleport loops should launch the opponent high enough.
ESXR CUP 4, Tournoi KOF XIII, Grande Finale Tikok vs Kyosuke
At 2:28~

If you're worried about your opponent not being high enough, you can replace your last DP with a DP+A, that way no matter how low your opponent is , f+B connects fine.

CH s.C+D, f+B, *delay* qcb+B, dp+C, DC, qcf+B, f+B, qcb+D, dp+C = 403 dmg
This is good, but it's better if you get used to doing j.f+B after CH s.CD. That way you'll be able to confirm it into HD once you get the opportunity.
GEEK.RE, Tournoi KOF XIII, Finale Winner Hades vs Tikok
Look at 1:12~

Another thing about her s.CD is that you can easily do option selects with it. If you buffer a move really late into it, it will only come out if s.CD hits something, you can for example buffer qcf+B so that if s.CD hits counterhit you can followup with dp+A midscreen and if it doesn't, you still have the momentum.
ESXR CUP 4, Tournoi KOF XIII, Finale Winner Tikok vs Johker
See that late cancel teleport at 1:18? It was an OS. If s.CD was a counterhit , I could have followed with dp~

hcf+C, qcb+A, qcb+C, dp+C, DC, qcf+B, f+B, qcb+D, dp+C = 407 dmg
Yes, that's her best 1drive no meter bnb off her throw in corner. It builds a lot of meter as well~ I used that combo in the vids I linked actually.

[/shameless self promotion]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:07:14 AM by Tikok »

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
Dude your Athena is crazy. The combo from the throw in the corner is very nice too, and not hard. Is there a nice throw combo for 2 ex 1 drive, when you have to finish your opponent the quickest possible ? I checked with EX DM instead of the final dp.C, it was about 500 dmg. Maybe you know a better one ?
Nice to see some Reunion players too ! I am french.

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2012, 11:40:24 PM »
Dude your Athena is crazy.
Thank you very much~
Is there a nice throw combo for 2 ex 1 drive, when you have to finish your opponent the quickest possible ?
Yes, There are these combos :
(corner) hcf+P , qcb+A , qcb+C, dp+C , SC air hcbx2+P, ground hcbx2+P

(midscreen) hcf+P, f+B , air qcb B+D, j.f+B , air qcb+B, dp+C , DC qcf+B, f+B, air qcb+D , hcbx2+P
I believe that the last dm is a waste since you'll most likely get like , 50 more damage than dp C , but since you wanted 2 meter combos, I listed DM instead~

(fullscreen) hcf+P, f+B , air qcb B+D, j.f+B , air qcb B+D, j.f+B , air qcb+B, dp+C, DC f+B , air qcb+D , dp+C
That combo may be difficult at first, but trust me, if you practice it , it definitely is a practical combo.

I am sorry for not giving you the damage of these combos, since I don't know them by heart and cannot play KoF XIII right now. But unless new things are discovered, I believe that these are the best, practical combos that you can have off Athena's throw for 2 meter and 1 drive.

You can also confirm into EX throw in the corner , and do some pretty nice things with that ammount of meter. Like this combo :
c.B , c.A , hcf A+C , qcb A+C , qcb+A , qcb+C , dp+C , DC qcf+B, f+B , air qcb+D , dp+C.

Be careful with c.A though, it has less range than s.A and s.A also hits crouching opponents. However in that case, since you need to be pretty close for that combo to work, it's better to use c.A because c.A leaves Athena at +3 on block, so you can keep the pressure going in case c.B , c.A gets blocked. This combo is meant to be hit confirmed, two light attacks give you enough time to see if you should do the ex throw or not. Don't just randomly do it and hope it hits.

Nice to see some Reunion players too ! I am french.
Oh~! I hope that next year I can come to France and challenge you guys !
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:57:27 AM by Tikok »

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »
Has anyone found a reliable way to time the butt loop off of a command grab?
i can do it pretty consistently (to my surprise) by just feeling out the timings but something more robotic would be nice. (like the cr.b, cr.b, cr.a A DP or cl.C, DP setups)

also, i think people need to use more meaty cross up butts, like after air resets/j.CD. so good

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2012, 11:37:34 PM »
also, i think people need to use more meaty cross up butts, like after air resets/j.CD. so good

This is the only time I know that someone has used the words "meaty" and "butts" in the same sentence without sounding sexual... xD

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile