Author Topic: Chin Gentsai (Console)  (Read 70248 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Chin Gentsai (Console)
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2012, 12:22:35 AM »
Guys, what is your answer to ppl who keep spamming jumping attacks? Especially those that hop around with Kyo's j.dwn.C all day? From the front and from above, B counter is great but can become predicatble.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:25:15 AM by Diavle »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
Guys, what is your answer to ppl who keep spamming jumping attacks? Especially those that hop around with j.dwn.C all day? From the front and from above.

If you're fighting against Kyo's who spamming that, you can always anti-air them with cr.B, which will cause the attack to miss and hit them on the way down.

I dont play with Chin, but I can tell that he's short enough to deal with it with that answer.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2012, 12:33:29 AM »
If you're fighting against Kyo's who spamming that, you can always anti-air them with cr.B, which will cause the attack to miss and hit them on the way down.

I dont play with Chin, but I can tell that he's short enough to deal with it with that answer.

I just stunned the training dummy, don't think it works :\
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:36:14 AM by Diavle »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2012, 12:51:55 AM »

I just stunned the training dummy, don't think it works :\

Tried cr. D?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2012, 01:07:44 AM »
Tried cr. D?

Better but it seems it would only be useful when they jump in from the front, Chin gets hit every time if done from point blank or above. Doesn't seem reliable unless the opponent misjudges the distance on his attack.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
D x2+P, throw/counter/ovehead.  If they cross you up after you duck, qcb C them but it needs to be timed correctly.  If they're hopping you have to time a s.A.

Either way it's not that easy and it's a risky situation for him.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »
Instant hop C+D... Chin's j.C+D is weird... It wins air-air like he is not even there... It has short range but if you are in range then you will most likely win... If you score a counter hit then it's game on...

j.C+D, hcf+D, d/f+B, d/f+B, qcb+A ...meterless and works at full screen... If you have 1 meter and 1 drive then drive cancel the qcb+A to extend the combo into Chin's usual... Huge damage if you are drunk... If you spend the meter then at the end of the combo you will build 1 whole meter back and at least 25% drive...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »
I used to use QP a lot as anti air, duck then QP, although I eventually would get hit out it if they're attack hits low (remember Chin's d x2+P stance even ducks d.As!) I found it overall more reliable just to trade or hit them clean in the air with his QP rather than risk them landing and eating and HD.  

One more thing, if Iori tries to do his crossup b+B (I suppose same for Robert), Chin's qcb C (the other direction of course) wins every single time.  It's just hard if they do it off a hop but jumps are easy to hit Iori out of it.  

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
If Kyo does jd.C late will he hits you else if you're ducking? Or doing it this late will make it trade with the QP?
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
If Kyo does jd.C late will he hits you else if you're ducking? Or doing it this late will make it trade with the QP?

I couldn't get Kyo's j.d+C to hit Chin's ducking.  QP seems to always trade with aerial hits.

---

I found something useful against Iori's command cross up hop.  Mentioned above, if the cross up is a jump or hyper jump you simply do qcb C the opposite direction. Problem was, cross up hops were too fast for Chin to do the same.  So for hops: hold db, as they jump over you press C and you'll do d C the other way.  Cancel his d C into df B either way and you'll capitalize on the counter which you'll likely get; free juggle combo.  If it doesn't trigger the counter message just mix them up since you're in their face or cancel the stance with BD and bait a punish.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:37:08 PM by Kane317 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 04:06:42 AM »
Chin with 5 drinks is funny... 2 meter HD combo... What a lazy 100% combo...

j.D/s.C, s.C, HD, s.C, qcb+C, hcf+B, qcb+C, hcf+D, d/f+B, Neomax, hcf+B, d/f+B, qcb+A...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »
Chin gets the easiest safe jumps. All you have to do to get them is combo into sweep! >>

In the corner something like c.B s.C c.D then just hold up forward and press C once you're under their head height.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2012, 02:34:42 AM »
Chin gets the easiest safe jumps. All you have to do to get them is combo into sweep! >>

In the corner something like c.B s.C c.D then just hold up forward and press C once you're under their head height.

I never thought about him as a safe jumper but it does make a lot of sense with his low jumps--I probably do it naturally without really thinking about it.   Does the sweep combo off the s.C?  You would have to do the stance cancel if I'm not mistaken.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »
I never thought about him as a safe jumper but it does make a lot of sense with his low jumps--I probably do it naturally without really thinking about it.   Does the sweep combo off the s.C?  You would have to do the stance cancel if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly it, you have to cancel in between all of them in the example I gave. Its really not that easy either, but at least there is a way to do it. As safe jump go it looks about 4f but I've not tested it - it hits them below the knee and is about the only time over ever really combod off a jump  C.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2012, 10:17:55 PM »
Nothing particularly new but if you know anyone that wants to try Chin there are worse places to start than this.

[KoFXIII] Chin Gentsai - Basics