Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120758 times)

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2011, 03:38:29 AM »
A little thing I'm just messing around with....  can K' drive cancel from Iron Trigger at all?  Because I'm not having any luck.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

seekritdude

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
I guess my other video got posted here? But I made another video that shows some console only K' combos...

KOF XIII more console idea scraps/left overs... Iori, Kim, Kyo, K' Combo video

Also note I forget if it was said in this thread. But I think someone said that you can only minute spike after a heat drive hits in the air. This is false.  It works on ground hits too. Anywho....

Also note although I believe I said it in one of the descriptions for the videos as well, something to go with in the back of your mind now when playing is that.. Where you could end your combo with a L P dp before hand, now a random hit to air minute spike actually does more damage. And where you could end with a HP dp, remember that jump CD to minute spike is more damaging. Also I tried to show in this video as well a easy example of a more damaging mid screen sorta varation rather than the normal dp minute spike thing, you can do DP then on the second hit to flame trigger lk follow up then minute spike is more damaging shrug.. Duno why people dont use that.. I dont think its a console only change? But again as ive said before I never played the first game and have only fooled around with this one randomly. Thanks

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »
Regarding differences between using A or C DP and using air Minutes Spike juggles instead, because of the lousy landing recovery on the air Minutes Spike, I think DP options are still better for continuing offense. The C DP especially because it creates a hard knockdown, gives you a free meaty Trigger setup. I also find that spacing screws up a lot of those combos. For example, Drive cancel A DP into Trigger -> Shoot and following with Minutes Spike only works near the corner, midscreen K' cannot reach with Minutes Spike consistently. Heat Drive works, though. In addition, Drive canceling the second hit of A DP into Trigger is much more difficult than canceling the first hit, the window to do it is much smaller.

An interesting combo I came up with from this was to do j.C, st.C 1 hit cancel to A Trigger -> Shell, Minutes Spike -> Narrow Spike (whiff), A Crow Bites, Drive cancel first hit to EX Trigger -> Shell, juggle with Minutes Spike -> Narrow Spike (whiff), finish with C Crow Bites. This takes the opponent to the corner from fullscreen and does 453 dmg for one stock and one Drive cancel. If you start it off of a single cr.B without a jump in, the combo does 399 dmg.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »
It's no joke that we all need to put some effort into learning the more difficult to drive cancel options with K', but the most reliable of options is what we need. Right now, consistency in and combo potential will be very important with him. This is why I feel it's very important for us to learn the correct timing for qcb+K x2 so the slide links in a combo.

I do like the combo you posted, Blake, and we should include it in the analysis. I just feel like we got to explore more options that haven't gotten any traction (like said quick slide)

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »
Messed around last night and found that Minutes Spike recovery in the corner is good enough that you still have time to place a meaty Trigger on someone if they fallbreak. So the Minutes Spike enders are probably ideal for adding a little extra damage on a cornered opponent. Still like C DP better for midscreen, ridiculous corner carry.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 07:58:47 PM »
It's no joke that we all need to put some effort into learning the more difficult to drive cancel options with K', but the most reliable of options is what we need. Right now, consistency in and combo potential will be very important with him. This is why I feel it's very important for us to learn the correct timing for qcb+K x2 so the slide links in a combo.

thats easy, i dont really play or main k (i can obviously play him since i did play him before). the thing im having a hard time with is dp into fb during combos. also in corner ex fb into ;fd ;a x2 is harder than it should be.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »

thats easy, i dont really play or main k (i can obviously play him since i did play him before). the thing im having a hard time with is dp into fb during combos. also in corner ex fb into ;fd ;a x2 is harder than it should be.

Maaan, I don't think that's easy at all. It's like training a new muscle. The dp to fireball combos are not easy either though. I feel like they're more necessary now to make K' worthwhile in playing though. That's why we got to go even further for K'. That new  ;fd ;db ;fd shortcut though was amazingly helpful. I really appreciate the discovery. I think that's going to be the key. However, I'm having trouble -not- riding the gates when I do it so sometimes I do get the df motion.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »
Currently the best drive cancel combos for K' involve his EX qcf+P, f+B or EX qcb+K. When you combo into those, it sets them at the perfect height for dp+A (1hit), qcf+C, f+D. Midscreen I rarely go for d.B or s.C (1hit) into qcf+A, f+D because it required you to be dead close to the opponent for the launcher to hit. I just combo with his standard d.B x2, qcf+P, f+B meterless. Once I have meter, d.B x2, EX qcf+P, f+B, dp+A and if I have a drive cancel on the first hit qcf+C, f+D and you can do the following after.

Midscreen
  - no meter: nothing
  - 1 meter: qcfx2+P

Corner
  - no meter: f+A > j.CD, air qcb+K
  - no meter: f+A > dp+C (much easier)
  - 1 meter: f+A > j.CD > air qcb+BD > dp+A
  - 1 meter: f+A > qcf, hcb+P
  - 2 meter: f+A > j.CD > EX super (d.C instead of j.CD for ease)
  - 3 meter: f+A > j.CD > air qcb+BD > d.C > EX super

Assuming that you started the combo with d.B x2 > EX qcf+P or s.C > f+A > EX qcb+K you'll have to add 1 more super onto the combo.

For his non-drive cancel high damaging BnBs with 1-3 meters:

Midscreen (You can replace the starter with s.C 1 hit > f+A > EX qcb+K)
  - 1 meter: d.B x2 > EX qcf+P > f+B > qcb+D > dp+A
  - 2 meter: d.B x2 > EX qcf+P > f+B > qcb+D > EX dp+P
  - 3 meter: d.B x2 > EX qcf+P > f+B > qcb+D > d.A > EX super

Corner
  - 1 meter: d.B x2 > qcf+A > f+D > j.CD > air EX qcb+K > dp+C
  - 2 meter: d.B x2 > qcf+A > f+D > j.CD > EX super
  - 3 meter: d.B x2 > qcf+A > f+D > j.CD > air EX qcb+K > d.C > EX super

Also note I forget if it was said in this thread. But I think someone said that you can only minute spike after a heat drive hits in the air. This is false.  It works on ground hits too. Anywho....

Also note although I believe I said it in one of the descriptions for the videos as well, something to go with in the back of your mind now when playing is that.. Where you could end your combo with a L P dp before hand, now a random hit to air minute spike actually does more damage. And where you could end with a HP dp, remember that jump CD to minute spike is more damaging. Also I tried to show in this video as well a easy example of a more damaging mid screen sorta varation rather than the normal dp minute spike thing, you can do DP then on the second hit to flame trigger lk follow up then minute spike is more damaging shrug.. Duno why people dont use that.. I dont think its a console only change? But again as ive said before I never played the first game and have only fooled around with this one randomly. Thanks

Sorry that was me who said you had to do qcfx2+P against an airborne opponent. You're right, you can do it against a grounded opponent.

As for the dp+A 2nd hit into qcf+P, f+B - it's always better to do dp+A (1hit), qcf+C, f+D as it does a little more damage and it's easier to do once you get the shortcut down. The 2hit into fireball doesn't work in the corner either, so it's better to use the 1 hit into launcher since it's universal and does a little more damage.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 10:51:29 AM »
I really should learn that dp into qcf+C string. I feel like my K' suffers midscreen because of it. I just need to do it and get it over with.

Thanks so much for all the help, CMD.DUC -Salute-

kotokot

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2011, 02:34:48 PM »
with hd you can confirm anything into C>236A>6D>etc on grounded opponent or anything into j.214B/D>j.214BD(>tk.214BD)>623A>etc on aerial if opponent is enough close to corner for 600+ damage.
236AC>6D does not catches your opponent always? i though if you want to spend drive it's better to do 236AC>6D>214D>623A(>236C>6D)>214D>623A/C
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 02:38:39 PM by kotokot »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 01:02:14 AM »
with hd you can confirm anything into C>236A>6D>etc on grounded opponent or anything into j.214B/D>j.214BD(>tk.214BD)>623A>etc on aerial if opponent is enough close to corner for 600+ damage.
236AC>6D does not catches your opponent always? i though if you want to spend drive it's better to do 236AC>6D>214D>623A(>236C>6D)>214D>623A/C

For the last part, you have to do some sort of short cut. Also, I think the corner is not what we're all worried about. In midscreen is the big problem for K'. What Ash put up is useful, but aside from HD combos, what can we do in midscreen.

Also, keep in mind some of his moves are slow, but you can cancel them into special moves. Like st.C is really slow, far and close, but you can cancel it into any special move.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2011, 08:51:48 PM »
Anyone have any advice for executing this bnb:

jump D, stand C, forward A, qcb K x2, dp A?

It seems so simple but I can't for the life of me get the DP to connect... ever.  If I watch the CPU do it, the first qcb K seems purposefully whiffed, but anytime I do that, the CPU can block midstring.  I've tried doing it faster and faster but no luck.  Feels like an inconsistent dice roll and the DP never comes out even if I manage the whiffed qcb K.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »
You have to buffer it. You can start buffering it after you do the input for forward A. Just do it a little faster. You can also wait for the forward A to hit and then do it really fast like if you were doing a DM. I'd try it in training mode, turn on your inputs, and go from there.

I've been working on it and I can get it consistently now!

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Thanks Reiko, you're probably right, I'm not buffering at the right times.  I can get the whiffed initial qcb K down a bit better now, and the dp is definitely coming out when when I succeed.  Very tight timing for a bnb, was it this way in arcade too?
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »
Thanks Reiko, you're probably right, I'm not buffering at the right times.  I can get the whiffed initial qcb K down a bit better now, and the dp is definitely coming out when when I succeed.  Very tight timing for a bnb, was it this way in arcade too?

I never tried it in the arcade. Until SNK showed the changelogs, I didn't even know it was possible. Now, it's really K' only way of starting a combo midscreen without the use of stock meter, so it's good to learn it in conjunction with the  ;fd ;db ;fd shortcut into qcf+C shortcut. I assume that's big damage right there.