Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120768 times)

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2011, 11:04:30 PM »
What combos do more damage with a random hit into air minute spike finisher than with an A.dp? every combo I have tried that with does 5 less damage if i end it with the air minute spike....what am I doing wrong here? lol

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2011, 11:15:32 PM »
I'm confused. Could you give me an example of a situation where you hit someone and what you do afterwards? Like do you mean you do st.A into Air minute spike? If that's what you mean, you'd have to do an EX afterwards because you land faster and are out of recovery.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2011, 12:40:24 AM »
for example, st.C, f.A, qcf.A, f.D, qcb.K, qcb.K(whiff), st.A, air minute spike does 5 less damage than ending with a dp.A instead of st.A, air minute spike.

Maybe I was reading his post wrong, but the way I understood what seekritdude was saying is that the st.A, air minute spike finisher should do more damage than ending with dp.A

Edit: even if you do st.B before the air minute spike it still does 1 less damage than ending with dp.A
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:25:45 AM by FakeVariable »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 11:11:26 AM »
for example, st.C, f.A, qcf.A, f.D, qcb.K, qcb.K(whiff), st.A, air minute spike does 5 less damage than ending with a dp.A instead of st.A, air minute spike.

Maybe I was reading his post wrong, but the way I understood what seekritdude was saying is that the st.A, air minute spike finisher should do more damage than ending with dp.A

Edit: even if you do st.B before the air minute spike it still does 1 less damage than ending with dp.A

After the qcf+A > f+D have you tried to do jump (not hop) CD > air qcb+K? This also will give you a choice to do EX qcb+K in the air instead which will let you do dp+C afterwards.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2011, 04:27:38 PM »
just tried that, j.CD > air minute spike does 5 fewer damage than doing the regular combo with a dp.A finisher.  If you substitute an EX air minute spike you gain 10 damage so obviously it does way more when you combo further off of that.

kotokot

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
j.CD is really nice
j.CD>j.qcbBC>j.qcbBD>etc for fun with hd combos

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
So I'm getting close. Here's what I've been working on so far:

Extended Midscreen Combo (1 drive bar)
hop C, st.C (1), f+A, (qcb+D)x2 -slide-, dp+A (1), qcf+C, f+D, qcb+D, qcb+D (whiff), dp+C

I'm having a hard time with the middle part. Making the slide link is hard without a visual que. I've put a lot of thought into that as well as what is the best shortcut. Every time I do the f, df, f one, I can't hit the forward with my original game.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 04:49:21 AM »
j.CD is really nice

Didn't know this worked, gonna have to hit the lab and test it out.  Thanks for the tip.

seekritdude

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 07:48:20 AM »
oopsies... my bad I tried again I was wrong about the jab dp one. it does do one point less. My bad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:39:50 AM by seekritdude »

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2011, 11:25:51 PM »
oopsies... my bad I tried again I was wrong about the jab dp one. it does do one point less. My bad.

oh ok, lol.  I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, lol.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2011, 11:57:40 PM »
So have you guys been working on more neutral game ideas? I feel in combos, he's pretty solid. Once he gets you in one, you can go as long as your resources will take you. However, it's getting people into combos.

I'm talking about crossups, mixups, and such set-ups to get you in there for some damage. Was talking with Metaphysics and he notices I'm doing pretty bad in that respect with K'. I think I can do better, but harassing my opponent is not as easy. Any ideas?

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »
So have you guys been working on more neutral game ideas? I feel in combos, he's pretty solid. Once he gets you in one, you can go as long as your resources will take you. However, it's getting people into combos.

I'm talking about crossups, mixups, and such set-ups to get you in there for some damage. Was talking with Metaphysics and he notices I'm doing pretty bad in that respect with K'. I think I can do better, but harassing my opponent is not as easy. Any ideas?

I'm having trouble with this as well.  Right now my gameplan with K' is pretty much just to try and push people to the corner where I can apply pressure and try and force mistakes etc.  But midscreen I'm finding it hard to open people up at all really to the point where I can land something more substantial than midscreen cr.b combos.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2012, 04:13:45 AM »
j.CD is really nice

Is there some sort of trick to making this work? I can't get the HD bypass to work on j.qcb+BC after a j.CD.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2012, 07:32:46 AM »
Nooo double posting!

But to help out, I tried the combo starter above.

If you time it properly, you can net it by TKing your qcb+BC. So instead of doing qcb+BC after a jump, you do  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub as soon as you land.

Hope this helps. You can actually buffer it and press the button late.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2012, 10:36:45 AM »
Nooo double posting!

But to help out, I tried the combo starter above.

If you time it properly, you can net it by TKing your qcb+BC. So instead of doing qcb+BC after a jump, you do  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub as soon as you land.

Hope this helps. You can actually buffer it and press the button late.

wtf? is that a joke? these forums aren't exactly super hype, probably not the best idea to try and discourage people from posting....didn't realize the internet police were that serious around here...that's some corny ass shit...

but um, yeah, I guess I will try that out, assuming I am allowed to....but obviously I won't post any type of follow up since that is clearly frowned upon...