Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120782 times)

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2012, 01:04:40 AM »
I'm having a lot of trouble max cancelling heat drive, anyone have any tips on the timing?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2012, 06:32:16 AM »
You should be doing the motion at the super cancel screen. You have to finish the motion at or after the impact. I'm pretty sure you can also cancel after impact as well, but you can't have let them hit the ground.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2012, 07:24:34 AM »
oh ok, thanks.  I turned on the input display in training mode and I think part of the problem was that I was missing the forward a lot in the second HCB.  This helps too though, thank you.

Edit: Hey, were you at the STA ranbat today? I was watching the stream and I swear they said one of the guys names was reiki and he was using K'.  If that was you, good shit, lol.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:27:48 AM by FakeVariable »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »
Yes, I'm the organizer for the tournament. My nick-name within a nickname is "J Dash".

EDIT: J'/Reiki J/Black Dude with the Banana Jacket - FataCon
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:06:08 AM by FataCon »

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »
lol, nice! I live in Michigan, but my mom lives in Mountain View which is only like 45 minutes from san fran.  I'll def try and make it out to STA next time I'm out there, might be around the last week of February.  If not then, probably not until April though.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2012, 02:34:01 AM »
Once I have meter, d.B x2, EX qcf+P, f+B, dp+A and if I have a drive cancel on the first hit qcf+C, f+D and you can do the following after.

I am really confused with this combo. Do you have to run forward to hit the DP+A?

Oops sorry, there's a qcb+D, qcb+K(miss) after the f+B

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:36 AM »
Hey CMD.Duc, while you're here, do you think you could talk a little bit about the narrow spike link from st.C to f+A? Do you use it and what do you look for in terms of speed of the execution and visual cues?

EDIT:
Been working on it.

You can buffer in the first qcb+D before the forward A hits, but you should time it so that you hit the D button when the f+A animation ends. After that, quickly do another qcb+D. I'm finding some interesting applications.

The move comes out fast and can be made safe on block if you use it as a poke from far away. I know, weird, but it actually works out in our favor at that instance. if they're too slow to punish it or you land it on the tail end, you can get yourself in their face without much consequences. It's also a near instant low (since it's fast and combos off of st.C f+A. You can do an interesting mix-up off of st.C, f+A where you can go for a low after the f+A is blocked instead of going for Ein trigger. Since it's so fast, it'll be hard to react to. They might have to guess in order to block it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:50:31 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
I really dont think the narrow spike is safe on block regardless of distance dude

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »
You have to hit them with the tail end of the animation. Once the animation ends, it might look like it's unsafe but it isn't. You can try it out for yourself to see, but I've tested it and it does work at a respectable distance.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2012, 05:29:25 AM »
EX Narrow Spike is pretty safe. Expensive way to attack low from a distance is EX Narrow Spike, juggle with cr. ;c -> EX Chain Drive.

MyvTeddy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2012, 04:43:26 AM »
I kinda finally figured out how to f.A x qcb+k~qcb+k.

It was so difficult at first for some reason but I didn't know you could buffer and hold the qcb motion during the f.A animation and then hit the K button right as f.A hits.

And thanks darktown!

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
Are you referring to during a BC combo in the corner or outside of BC mode eg: st.C, f + A, etc?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
Could go either way. It's important to be able to combo that off of st.C, f+A for the midscreen combo with no meter.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2012, 07:06:56 AM »
Yeah, for that new 1 Drive, 0 Meter BnB midscreen, I cannot get the Minute Spike to connect after the Ein Trigger-Second Shell.  Opponent seems way too far off for it to actually connect.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2012, 07:36:43 AM »
Yeah, for that new 1 Drive, 0 Meter BnB midscreen, I cannot get the Minute Spike to connect after the Ein Trigger-Second Shell.  Opponent seems way too far off for it to actually connect.

I think Heat Drive is the only thing that connects midscreen.