Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120851 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2012, 08:01:54 AM »
Right, all of that uses one meter. Just like Andy's Zaineken. You can punish it with meter-based moves or supers, but it has to be on-point and you have to react to it immediately.

Yes, but unless you have precise reaction or you put your opponent is specific situations and you have the timing for the 2nd input right, you will end up not hitting the opponent with the tip. Leading to a huge damage and not need to use an EX or Super.

I wish that no matter the situation it was always safe, of course only if the first hit doesn't "HIT", just the Slide hits. If the aerial kick hits, then the slide will be unsafe. I don't expect it to be super safe, at least as safe as Andy elbow hit, which can be punished with certain normals, but depends the character.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2012, 04:19:41 AM »
I just learned about Positive Edge and it helps a lot when doing instant slide:

;dn ;db ;bk + ;k > ;dn ;db ;bk + (HOLD ;k)

That makes it way easier, just input the 2 motions fast and hold the 2nd K.

Tried DP to ;dn ;df ;fd +HP, but haven't figure out how to use Positive Edge in that cancelation.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:03:37 AM by DarKaoZ »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2012, 04:33:38 AM »
It could! My friend, Rod, does that a lot. I just haven't mastered it so I don't use it. It's a little difficult for me to find the right window to press the button.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2012, 05:52:29 AM »
I think this only works in KoFXIII because of the frame window for something that I can't quite remember. lol I just remember reading that holding the button down allows the move to come out on the first possible frame, which was good for reversals.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2012, 04:00:01 AM »
I'm totally gonna practice and learn how to make use of this.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2012, 05:55:24 AM »
It does in fact make instant Narrow Spikes much easier. Haven't really found a way to make the Crow Bites -> Trigger Drive Cancel easier with this method, though.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »
It does in fact make instant Narrow Spikes much easier. Haven't really found a way to make the Crow Bites -> Trigger Drive Cancel easier with this method, though.

The motion is more the problem than the button pressing. If you do a motion like  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd than it probably might work. But the actual motions for that cancel are the big problem.

What I've had success doing is   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;df and then do qcf. Sometimes, I don't even register the full hcb and it still works. I dunno why it works, but it does.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2012, 01:11:52 PM »
From my understanding as long as  ;fd ;db ;fd registers you will get Crow Bite>C Trigger
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:21:18 PM by Sanctuary »
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 13, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
Yep, I posted the possible shortcuts on here some time ago, basically the game accepts either  ;dn or  ;db for the second input and either  ;df or  ;fd for the final input. This works for any DP motion in the game, which is useful for characters who have overlapping commands for their DMs.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
Since I am not very consistent at it yet, what I use as substitute for Crow bite>Trigger is Narrow Spike>Trigger on a standing opponent.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2012, 05:44:07 AM »
KnightKinetik just posted some interesting shortcut for doing DP > qcf for many characters outside HD that works.

You only need to press ;a+ ;c a bit after inputing his DP and you will get his fireball. Unfortunately you only get the LP version, which doesn't hit. =/

If you input ;a+ ;c right after his DP, you can get his EX DP, so be careful.

But if you press  ;a+ ;b or ;c+ ;b after DP, you will get his LK teleport and if you press  ;c+ ;d or ;a+ ;d you get his HK teleport.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:48:12 AM by DarKaoZ »

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2012, 06:25:41 AM »
KnightKinetik just posted some interesting shortcut for doing DP > qcf for many characters outside HD that works.

You only need to press ;a+ ;c a bit after inputing his DP and you will get his fireball. Unfortunately you only get the LP version, which doesn't hit. =/

f.LK follow will connect however (at least in the corner), but f.HK does not.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2012, 04:13:01 AM »
How good would you guys say is his ex blackout for escaping pressure? Comparable to Athena or Duolon's?

The guard point frames on his ex spike are brutal, you pretty much need parry timing.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:16:41 AM by Diavle »

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2012, 05:58:24 AM »
I mainly use it to get out of the corner, it has decent invincibility.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2012, 07:02:20 AM »
How good would you guys say is his ex blackout for escaping pressure? Comparable to Athena or Duolon's?

The guard point frames on his ex spike are brutal, you pretty much need parry timing.

To get out of the corner I prefer to do his qcfx2+P super, puts you really far away and you can do it out of a blocked DP. Only few characters can really punish you out of this.