Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120784 times)

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #345 on: August 07, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »
It has to be the C version of Trigger.

Chrome Homura

• New Challenger
  • With these eyes, I can't lose!
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #346 on: August 09, 2014, 08:10:47 AM »
After a bit of practicing, I discovered what everyone else who knows the aforementioned combos already does... in order for the trigger to connect, the DP has to hit the opponent at a very specific height. If your HD starts midscreen with a DP xx spike (or two) to carry them to the corner, they will conveniently be at exactly this height after you recover from the spike. However, the trigger followup puts them higher in the air, so in order to perform the loop again the following inputs (f+a, spike, DP) have to all be timed appropriately so the opponent will be at the right height when the DP hits. Luckily, I've found that this can be achieved as simply as inputting the f+a as soon as possible, then delaying the DP input after the spike accordingly. I also figured out the non-HD version (hcb+f DP xx qcf C) such that I'll be consistent with it after another training mode session or two.

I'm astounded by how much damage this cancel adds to K' combos, it changes his average damage output for the meter spent from mediocre to godlike. Now I seriously have to consider playing this character on my team over King... the thought makes me sad, but holy shit is this character actually good. The anywhere juggles allow him to convert off stray air hits like Vice, but unlike her K' has a meterless DP and a legitimate presence on the ground due to his projectile and mixup tools. Now I realize how his qcf+B/D is actually meant to be used, and something tells me I'm gonna have a much more impressive result to upload after I take on the illustrious Joel next week... Wish me luck!
Shen's is the Cr.C that pierces the heavens...