Author Topic: Kula Diamond (Console)  (Read 59484 times)

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Kula Diamond (Console)
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 01:21:23 AM »
Karn if you have anything you want to add to the wiki then let me know... i can post it for you...

Thanks! I'll just review combos now and show a few combos that aren't listed on the wiki.
[Tip] j.C does 2 more damage than h.C and j.D.
[Tip] The full length of each stage is equal to two visible screens next to each other.

This is the one everyone already knows, basically pasting from the wiki:
[1 Stock 1 Drive Full-screen]
h.C, cl.C-f.A, qcb.B~f.D, dp.C (DC) qcb.BD~f.D, qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B, dp.C
(453 damage)

Here are the most important ones I thought of. You guys may have seen some already:

[1 Stock 1 Drive 60% screen]
h.C, cl.C-f.A-qcf.AC, dp.C (DC) qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B, dp.C
(473 damage)
^Note^ After qcfAC, walk or run up and do the next dpC point blank. It's perfectly fine to just hold forward instead of mess up a run since you'll make it in time...the only real time i think running up matters is if there are only a few seconds left and you need to deal damage quicker.

[1 Stock 1 Drive 40% screen]
h.C, cl.C-f.A-qcb.B~f.D, dp.C[DC]qcf.AC, f.A, qcb.B~f.B, dp.C
(493 damage)
^Note^ 40% from the wall is opponent's position at start of round.
^Note^ The dp.C to qcf.AC drive cancel has to be done when opponent is at lowest possible height...there's probably only leeway of two to three pixels of height.
^Note^ the One Inch(f.A) juggle after qcf.AC seems to be a 2- or 3-frame link, so double-tapping should help.

[1 Stock 1 Drive 25% Screen]
h.C, cl.C-f.A-qcf.AC, qcf.C, qcb.D, qcb.B, dp.C[DC]qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B, dp.C
(527 damage)
^Note^ This one's 2 damage higher than the corner combo on the wiki and doesn't need any delayed specials.

[1 Stock 1 Drive at Corner]
h.C, cl.C-f.A-qcf.AC, qcf.C, f.A, dp.C[DC]qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B, dp.C
(549 damage)
^Note^ Kula needs to be really close to the wall to link f.A after qcf.C.
^Note^ After any character executes a proper safe jump, they are pushed back slightly from the opponent; this would ruin Kula's strongest corner combos, but...
^Note^ There is time to walk forward a bit when following qcf.AC up with qcf.C. At the end of the qcf.C input, hold forward longer than usual and delay the C button press to let Kula walk forward a little before she executes qcf.C.
^Note^ If you can tell you landed qcf.C from too far away, just use the 25% screen combo followup (qcb.D) instead of f.A.

[2 Stock 1 Drive 25% Screen]
h.C, cl.C-f.A-qcf.AC, qcf.C, qcb.D, qcb.B, dp.C[DC]qcf.AC, f.A, qcb.B~f.B, dp.C
(597 damage)
^Note^ No delayed specials, though qcf.AC, f.A is a 2- or 3-frame link; double-tap if needed.

[2 Stock 1 Drive at Corner]
h.C, cl.C-f.A-qcf.AC, qcf.C, f.A, dp.C[DC]qcf.AC, f.A, qcb.B~f.B, dp.C
(632 damage)
^Note^ Combines difficult parts of the combos above, but very strong.
^Note^ qcf.C, f.A is a 2- or 3-frame link, so double-tapping will help.
^Review^ Kula needs to be really close to the wall to link f.A after qcf.C
^Review^ dp.C[DC]qcf.AC must be done when opponent's at low height.
^Review^ qcf.AC, f.A is a 2- or 3-frame link, so double-tapping will help.

The drive cancel into EX Diamond Breath makes it possible to 100% someone without having to start with qcf.C:

[5-stock HD at Corner]
cl.C-f.A-qcf.AC, qcf.C, f.A <HDA> f.A, dp.C[HDC]qcf.AC, f.A, qcb.B, 2x(dp.C[HDC]qcb.B), dp.C[HDC]qcb.D, qcfqcf.A[MC]hcbhcb.BD
(1008 damage, 1027 starting with h.C)
^Note^: Difficult; Every juggled dp.C has to be HDC'd on low height opponent, especially into qcf.AC and qcb.D.
^Note^ If you are too far after qcf.C to link f.A, HD combo cannot be completed; probably best to use the qcb.D followup instead.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:17:01 PM by karn »
The Art of Fighting.... without fighting?
PSN/XBL/Steam: TofuriousWolf

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 08:10:02 PM »
Great combos, karn!  I added them to the wiki and included a link to your post with them.  I also added you to the list of contributors.  I love that 100% combo, going to try practicing it tonight.  Keep 'em coming!
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 06:12:45 AM »
Great combos, karn!  I added them to the wiki and included a link to your post with them.  I also added you to the list of contributors.  I love that 100% combo, going to try practicing it tonight.  Keep 'em coming!

You're welcome! Also thanks for including my name on the list! I still drop the harder combos a lot even on my good side (P1 side). I hope I can land all these combos facing left someday. Keep 'em coming, eh?

I always use these two if I'm pressured enough to use Crow Bites or get reads on my opponent's offense. Great reward for the risk since KOF XIII allows option select drive cancels.

[1 Stock 1 Drive Full-screen]
(invincible, can antiair)

dp+A (DC) qcb+BD, qcb+D, dp+C
(308 damage)

[1 Stock 1 Drive 90% screen]
(invincible, can antiair)

dp+A (DC) qcb+BD, qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C
(345 damage)
^Notes^Opponent must be either on the ground or only slightly above the ground in the air for the EX Ray Spin to connect off of dp+A; you'll probably tend to get the height you want against crossup attempts and when you buffer the dp+A against predictable hops.

This one's strong at the wall:

[1 Stock 1 Drive 25% screen]
(low)

cr.Bx2, st.B, dp+C (DC) qcf+AC, qcf+C, qcb+D, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C
(428 damage)
^Note^cr.B cr.B is a great confirm.

Hmm..

[4 Stock HD 60% Screen]
h.C, cl.C-f+A (HDA) cl.C-dp+C (HDC) qcf+AC, dp+C (HDC) qcb+D, qcb+B, dp+C (HDC) qcb+D, qcb+B, dp+C (HDC) qcb+D, qcfx2+P (MC) hcbx2+BD
(891 damage)
^Note^Pretty easy since there are no delayed links unless the player has difficulty with cancelling dp+C to qcf+AC without accidental super cancel.

Lastly, I thought of this one today:

[5 Stock HD 25% Screen]
h.C, cl.C-f.A-qcf.AC, f.A <HDA> f.A, dp.C[HDC]qcf.AC, f.A, qcb.B, 2x(dp.C[HDC]qcb.B), dp.C[HDC]qcb.D, qcfqcf.A[MC]hcbhcb.BD
(1008 damage]
^Note^ There's barely enough time after qcf+AC to run all the way up and do f+A if you need to stretch the carry out extra far, but the beginning is way easier than the corner version and the range is noticeably better.

Phew.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:18:19 PM by karn »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »
Good stuff Joe... Kula wiki looks great... If anything, you can just add character match-ups specially against her bad match-ups...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:11:08 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2013, 05:56:41 PM »
Good stuff Joe... Kula wiki looks great... If anything, you can just add character match-ups specially against her bad match-ups...

I don't feel I have enough matchup experience to really know this (and I'm not sure if I'm even playing her as she is meant to be played), but I think Kula is good against characters who can't stop her Ray Spin pressure without trying an invincible unsafe move. I think everyone can punish her with meter though.

Thankfully Kula doesn't really need Ray Spin for pressure thanks to great normals and she has Crow Bites (shoryu).

Against projectiles, Kula is safest using Diamond Breath(A) or her Personal Action(Snowman!) since Counter Shell (reflecting a projectile) can be baited and countered/punished with a full jump in combo. She can also of course neutral jump like everyone else. Counter Shell is useful for ending combos to get the long hard knockdown, and it's  good against slow-recovery fireballs including multi-hit (EX and DM) ones since her ice projectile seems to override every other moving-particle projectile.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:16:54 AM by karn »

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »
Hey guys.

I've been on a quest to find more frametraps with Kula.  So far I have these:

Generic cr.B, cl.C
cr.B, st.B, f+A
cr.B, cr.A, f+A
cr.B, st.A, f+A
st.B after Diamond Breath in the corner
st.A, st.B, EX Diamond Breath... or any number of variations off B/A

Does anyone know other good frametraps?  I've been struggling to open people up on this character mainly due to a lack of crossups.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:22:24 PM by JennyCage »
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2013, 12:56:19 AM »
OK, so it turns out Kula's crossup off D DOES hit standing opponents.  I don't know how I didn't know that before, but... oops?  Anyway, here are some crossup setups off block/hitstun:

Medium depth j.C on block -> regular hop D
Medium depth cr.B -> regular hop D
Deep j.D/A, cr.B -> regular hop D
Deep j.D, cr.B x2 (fast for less pushback) -> regular jump D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:03:22 AM by JennyCage »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2013, 12:57:26 AM »
Down D to Diamond Breath?
Down B to Down D to Diamond Breath?

I haven't touch this character in ages

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:05 AM »
Down D to Diamond Breath?
Down B to Down D to Diamond Breath?

I haven't touch this character in ages

Thanks, I forgot to include those.  I haven't been able to find much else in the meantime.

yoshiiscool

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
EX ray spin is pretty good for frametrapping, +1 on block, without follow ups, so in the corner you can catch people with cl.c and midscreen st.b.  I've also had success with meaty heavy diamond breath after resets in the corner, but I don't think that really counts for something you're looking for. (instead of finishing combos with DP after qcb b > f+b, reset with cl.c low to the ground canceled into c diamond breath so they land into it)

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2013, 04:57:44 AM »
EX ray spin is pretty good for frametrapping, +1 on block, without follow ups, so in the corner you can catch people with cl.c and midscreen st.b.  I've also had success with meaty heavy diamond breath after resets in the corner, but I don't think that really counts for something you're looking for. (instead of finishing combos with DP after qcb b > f+b, reset with cl.c low to the ground canceled into c diamond breath so they land into it)

Players here are able to react to Kula's Diamond Breath startup with invincible specials and DMs so I've phased that out of my gameplay. It's great pressure if used sparingly though. EX Ray Spin is also good for guard crushing when using the Stand followup, but the first hit of the close-range two hit followup can be guard rolled on reaction for full punish, so I suggest paying attention to opponent's meter.

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2013, 05:00:44 AM »
OK, so it turns out Kula's crossup off D DOES hit standing opponents.  I don't know how I didn't know that before, but... oops?  Anyway, here are some crossup setups off block/hitstun:

Medium depth j.C on block -> regular hop D
Medium depth cr.B -> regular hop D
Deep j.D/A, cr.B -> regular hop D
Deep j.D, cr.B x2 (fast for less pushback) -> regular jump D

[point blank, opponents standing after blocking cr.B st.A]
cr.B st.A (variable chain combo speed), j.D.

If you chain as fast as possible, j.D will whiff
If you delay the chain a bit, j.D will cross over
If you delay the chain a lot, j.D hits in front.

[point blank, opponents standing after cr.B cr.B is blocked]
cr.B cr.B (variable chain combo speed), j.D.

If you chain as fast as possible, j.D will cross over (you have to press D pretty high in the air)
If you delay the chain a bit, j.D will cross over and "uncrossup" land on original side.

[point blank, opponents crouching after cr.B cr.B cr.B is blocked]
cr.B cr.B cr.B hh.D

If you chain as fast as possible, hh.D will whiff
If you delay the chain a bit, hh.D will cross over
If you delay the chain a lot, hh.D hits in front.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:39:24 AM by karn »

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2013, 05:07:45 AM »
Her instant hop A is okay for mixup sometimes. You can combo off it when it's meaty, but the timing for that is pretty hard; it's probably best to use a hard knockdown setup for it. It isn't as fast as the instant overheads of Billy, Ralf, and Leona, but I think she can make contact on a crouching opponent for a jumpin combo faster than everyone else for her meaty setup. Even if it isn't meaty, a shallow hop A close to ground doesn't seem to put Kula at too much risk; it feels like she's only slightly minus afterwards.

Also, players tend to open themselves up once you hack at their guard gauge for a while.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:12:01 AM by karn »

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2013, 12:08:07 AM »
Brand new KoF players here, and Im very interested in Kula. Could someone post some high level Kula videos that I could learn from? I would appreciate it

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
Brand new KoF players here, and Im very interested in Kula. Could someone post some high level Kula videos that I could learn from? I would appreciate it

Hi The K1 Effect! There is already a video thread here:
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2495.0