Author Topic: EX Iori (Flames)  (Read 80964 times)

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
Re: EX Iori (Flames)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 07:18:35 AM »
i didn't notice it at first. i thought it managed to do a really quick C right after the grab.

Yea, thats how it was in the old days. When i first played with him I just went into KOF2002 mode thinking that the same shit would work lol. I had to adapt to a couple of things about him in 13.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 07:19:25 AM »
I'm probably not gonna main him, but I might put him on a secondary team.  Dunno with who else though.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:01 AM »
I'm probably not gonna main him, but I might put him on a secondary team.  Dunno with who else though.

Same with me, he seems very well rounded but IDK. Besides back in the day i use to not pick him just because he was Top Tier lol & I was character loyal to Vice ,Mature, Yamazaki ever since.

However, since Yama is not in this game and im still fishing around for a good 3rd character; I may just pick Flame Iori for the time being. Still learning claw but im already 95% used to how EX Iori plays so i may roll with him just for now until I get my Flameless Iori better.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:58:43 AM by BiGGDaddyCane »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
Well it's not because of all that, I'm just gonna keep the main team I have now.  Only way it's changing is if EX Kyo really blows me away.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 04:47:41 AM »
The second one is just annoying, but for the first one, the best thing to do (since for some reason holding forward and pressing AC isn't working) is just be picture perfect with your DP motion.  Do NOT do what everyone does when doing DPs in doing F, QCF.  You HAVE to do a perfect DP motion, no more, no less (obviously no less otherwise the DP won't come out).  If you do a perfect DP motion and then do QCF+AC, it won't register 2 QCFs.  It's a hard practice especially if you do F, QCF like most.
Yeah just finished experimenting with it. Strictly DP motion, I got it to work a few times but, like you said it's tough.
Mine doesnt want to come out...   ^O^     allways the DM... lol
What do you mean by "perfect DP motion"  ;fd ;dn ;df  or   ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ??

KoF 4 EVA

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 04:56:38 AM »
I mean,  ;fd ;dn ;df

EXACTLY that input, if you do not stop at  ;df when finishing the motion, you will end up registering 2 QCF's and you will be sad.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 06:11:23 AM »
Ok, hope that works nicely...
I'll try this then, and come back here to share the results... :p
Thks mate ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:27:14 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 06:53:10 AM »
One thing I just discovered is that his  ;a ;fd ;dn ;fd SRK hits behind him a little bit, good for anti-crossup situations.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
In case you guys didn't know, Saika isn't affected by dmg scaling.  So it's better to use Lvl1 Ya Otome -> Saika instead of EX Ya Otome at the end of long combos.
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »
Even in shorter combos, the difference in damage is really small.  Ya Otome -> saika does like 2-5 less damage in most cases I've tried than EX ya otome. 
Super-easy stuff like cl.C, f+A, qcf+C, (or cl.B, f+A,A, qcf+C), super cancel Ya otome -> saika might even do more than super cancel EX ya otome. 
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 12:14:23 AM »
The second one is just annoying, but for the first one, the best thing to do (since for some reason holding forward and pressing AC isn't working) is just be picture perfect with your DP motion.  Do NOT do what everyone does when doing DPs in doing F, QCF.  You HAVE to do a perfect DP motion, no more, no less (obviously no less otherwise the DP won't come out).  If you do a perfect DP motion and then do QCF+AC, it won't register 2 QCFs.  It's a hard practice especially if you do F, QCF like most.
Yeah just finished experimenting with it. Strictly DP motion, I got it to work a few times but, like you said it's tough.
Mine doesnt want to come out...   ^O^     allways the DM... lol
What do you mean by "perfect DP motion"  ;fd ;dn ;df  or   ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ??
All right, that works! But very very strict!!!  damn!
Can anyone tell to SNK, to review their shortcuts...  >:-(

KoF 4 EVA

foreverttw

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 12:49:08 AM »
It's not that much of an issue once u get used to it. The trick is to not let go of the stick, pause the stick at  ;df for the as you hit  ;c, then just roll the stick to  ;dn ;db ;bk or to  ;dn ;df ;fd. Letting go of the stick have a very high chance the game would register a  ;fd ending in a DM drive cancel.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
... pause the stick at  ;df for the as you hit  ;c...
Yep, after many trys, I think this is the most important part!  Just dont let the stick go neutral or back etc...
But once again, its too strict IMO :/

SNKP, read this plz  :)

KoF 4 EVA

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »
You can also do hcb f to do the dp motion, i don't know if it will mess up with the over DM anyway.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 05:29:47 PM »
You can also do hcb f to do the dp motion, i don't know if it will mess up with the over DM anyway.

Slight problem with using that for the DP Motion