Author Topic: EX Iori (Flames)  (Read 80970 times)

Violent Kain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: EX Iori (Flames)
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 06:08:44 PM »
Hi, does anyone know how to hit with  ;dn ;c after aoihana ex?

I´ve tried it and iori recovers after, it seems that there is some kind of trick so you can cut recovering time in the Aoihana.

SNKP does this in this video http://youtu.be/r03eAYlxgUA?t=5m19s

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 07:43:44 PM »
Yep  he shares that motion with his command grab...    Honestly though is dp xx qcf+p even worth risking the execution error? 

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
Yep  he shares that motion with his command grab...    Honestly though is dp xx qcf+p even worth risking the execution error? 

Not really.  If you really need to land EX FB,  you can just get it off of Rekkas rather than DP.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »
If you hit an EX fb and leave them frozen for longer (more hits), does it make the damage scaling on the rest of the combo worse?  EX fb already seems to scale stuff really badly...
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 10:38:35 PM »
Anyone else feel this man is way too good for his own right?

I'm gonna start calling him Greatest Hits Iori, when he's got everything good he's ever had in the series.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 04:45:54 AM »

Not really.  If you really need to land EX FB,  you can just get it off of Rekkas rather than DP.
Yeah, agree. Not really, but its one thing in his trials... :/

I'm gonna start calling him Greatest Hits Iori, when he's got everything good he's ever had in the series.
lol, but yes, he's really good char :)

KoF 4 EVA

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 03:02:43 AM »
I need some help doing Flame Iori's Neomax combos.

I keep trying to do SRk into Rekka, then SRK and back but I accidentally get his QCFx2 super out instead. Or I try to do Rekka into HCB Kick, and I just get the 2nd hit of the rekka.

Meanwhile I can use Claw Iori and mash and get an easy Neomax combo.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 03:04:30 AM »

Lol, Yea

Another thing I wanted to personally address though probably said before is that alot of people are blabing about his damage output is poor compared to Flameless Iori.

However, look at the strong amount of tools Classic Iori has compared to Claw. If he had high/strong damage he"ll be easy Top or S Tier. (BTW his EX DP is Ridiculous lol, love it)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:06:21 AM by BiGGDaddyCane »

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 04:56:01 AM »
I would say that he DOES still have pretty good damage.  He has a lot of really simple combos that do between 250 and 400 without using too much meter...However, that seems to be a pretty hard plateau that requires a lot of stocks or using HD to pass.  cl.B, f+A,A, qcf+C, super cancel ya otome - saika does around 450 (2 stocks, 1 drive), i think, but getting over 500 takes some doing

On the otherhand, claw Iori's normal corner BnB does like 470-500 (and is easy) depending on what you use as a starter for 1 stock and one drive, and adding more stocks/drives can easily boost it up to like 700.  I don't think there is any doubt that EX iori's dp is much better (normal and EX), and being able to zone a bit helps him too
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 08:00:51 AM »
Messed around with him a bit. My goal is just to figure out easy Hyper Drive combos for Billy and Flame Iori.

I really hate his QCFx2 Super. It looks cool but it does little damage and I accidentally get it out a lot. I'm trying to find a practical Hyper Drive after doing the overhead B kick and cancel into Hyperdrive, then I try to do SRK or EX SRK and I get that damn super out. I try to do Rekka instead but the timing is pretty tight.

Does his EX Rekka have any special properties?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 08:06:59 AM »
Just do DP+C HDC HCB+D HDC DP+C HCB+D a bunch of times (I can't remember the exact number) and then cancel DP+C into Yaotome and Max Cancel.  Does like 80% and is easy as hell once you get the hang of it.  Just can't be too...energetic with commands, just get a nice smooth rhythm going.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »
Sorry to sound glib, but what is HDC?

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »
HDC is hyperdrive cancel.  Also, for his EX rekkas, I think they have some invicibility on start up.  Other than that, they do more damage than the C version and seem to travel farther, and if you drive cancel into EX rekkas from something that puts them in the air (like second hit of DP or second hit of normal rekkas) they get put in a juggle state.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 09:01:15 AM »
Well, his EX SRK has invincibility and goes through projectiles and it's an easy drive cancel into his Rekka or anything for a minimum of 300 damage.

Parapets

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 12:52:42 PM »
For anyone having trouble with executing dp+P or DC'ing it without accidentally getting a DM, try inputting the DP as 63256P to get around the input overlap.