Author Topic: Mr. Karate  (Read 66293 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: EX Mr. Karate
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 10:47:06 PM »
As far as I know, there is no short cut.  Gotta do it the REAL honest way (it's things like these trials that make me hate honesty).  Perfect DP Motion into a QCF.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 10:51:51 PM »
NOOOO snk , why !!!
Meh , back to takuma then.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »
Really, you're gonna drop Mr. Karate for a Drive Cancel you'd never actually use in a real match?  Meh, whatever floats your boat.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 11:07:25 PM »
lol thats what i thought as well then I started playing arcade mode and attempting it there. Its still iffy but its coming along. im working on trying to stop relying on st C, f+B to start it and im trying to focus more on hit confirm cr B, cr B, st B, HD mode combo. that and keeping hop pressure are my 2 primary focus now.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 11:54:27 PM »
Actually, I was wrong, there is a "Shortcut" to that DC.  Just TK the QCF, you'll have it every time.

Also, you know you can confirm off of f.A into HD really easy so anything that leads into it should make it child's play.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2012, 02:01:11 AM »
Yeah I figured it out. C SRK and don't break it and do his tatsu. Pretty simple. I thought you meant you had to break it in order to combo into the Tatsu. Amazing damage and reset potential there.
no he actually means breaking it then TK-ing the hcf+B... dp+C~A+B... then you buffer hcf~u/f during the recovery and press B...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »
Actually, I was wrong, there is a "Shortcut" to that DC.  Just TK the QCF, you'll have it every time.

Also, you know you can confirm off of f.A into HD really easy so anything that leads into it should make it child's play.

thanks Saitsuofleaves , that info helped overcome that obstacle. Now im stuck at the next trial lol. in normal mode i can do dp+C~AB np. as soon as I go into HD mode instead of getting the feint AB It does a shortcut qcf+A. Im pressing the same 2 buttons I press in normal mode only this time im in HD mode , so why is SNK doing this to me again?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »
More input leniency in HD mode.  Just wait a bit longer before braking.  Almost as if you were confirming that the DP hit, THEN Braking.

b4k4

• New Challenger
  • In the 37th Chamber
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »
Practical corner combo I cooked up:

(Corner) j.CD (counter hit), qcf+C~f,f, qcf+A*, dp+A DC air hcf+B, qcf+A, qcf~hcb+A(+C)

560 for the level one. 650 if you EX the final super. I often get counterhit j.CD against opponents eager to get out of the corner.

* = If you don't want to get qcf+C~f,f, f~hcf+P (which you will get, and which will not juggle) you need to delay slightly between the dash cancel and the qcf+A. That's what worked for me, anyway. This combo really punishes opponents trying to stick out moves or jump out of the corner.

Oh, was also experimenting with resets into EX qcf+P. The only way to combo after this crushes guard is to spend 50% Dream and Super Cancel it into qcf~hcb+P. You could do other supers, but this is the best damage. Remember: you can only DC a special on a hit, which the guard crush does not count as (though it does do 16 damage which I assume is chip). I've got a few resets down, but they're not very meter efficient (2 stocks and 50% DC), and I will probably use them more to troll/style on people than actually boost damage.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2012, 05:25:52 AM »
KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その351 基本解説講座 (Mr.Karate)

A KCE basic introduction vid that just came out on Mr Karate.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2012, 04:02:52 PM »
Practical corner combo I cooked up:

(Corner) j.CD (counter hit), qcf+C~f,f, qcf+A*, dp+A DC air hcf+B, qcf+A, qcf~hcb+A(+C)

560 for the level one. 650 if you EX the final super. I often get counterhit j.CD against opponents eager to get out of the corner.

* = If you don't want to get qcf+C~f,f, f~hcf+P (which you will get, and which will not juggle) you need to delay slightly between the dash cancel and the qcf+A. That's what worked for me, anyway. This combo really punishes opponents trying to stick out moves or jump out of the corner.

Oh, was also experimenting with resets into EX qcf+P. The only way to combo after this crushes guard is to spend 50% Dream and Super Cancel it into qcf~hcb+P. You could do other supers, but this is the best damage. Remember: you can only DC a special on a hit, which the guard crush does not count as (though it does do 16 damage which I assume is chip). I've got a few resets down, but they're not very meter efficient (2 stocks and 50% DC), and I will probably use them more to troll/style on people than actually boost damage.
That move is really worthless... Rolls are frame 1 invincible... People can just roll it every time and punish him...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »
Solid information t3h mAsTarOth, thanks for posting. Check your PMs.

Edit: Can you explain what you meant by "option selecting" DCs? Is it just that, on block, the DC won't come out because they only work in the event of a hit, and that the string is otherwise relatively safe?
Ya i meant exactly what you guessed... I also like your corner counter hit j.C+D combo... I personally leave out the qcf+A just to make the combo more consistent... Mid-screen I would usually just go with qcf+C~ff, A ranbu DM or just just the DM...

Btw found a cool way to anti-air with him... dp+AC is completely invincible and starts up as fast or faster than dp+A... So on incoming jumping opponents you can do dp+AC and DC the second hit with air hcf+B... Upon landing you can do dp+A or A ranbu DM... Will work every time as long as you get both hits of dp+AC to connect which will also happen every time cause you'll never trade... lol...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »
DP+A is quicker than DP+AC, I tested every move against Iori's safe jump after his level 1 super, DP+A and EX counter are Mr. Karate's quickest moves

GO4PRO

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
Been messing around with him all day and I came up with an interesting theory (theory because it's 2AM and I'm too tired to do the whole thing) HD combo.

100% drive 5 meter, needs corner before second dp A

s.D, s.C, BC, s.C, dp C (brake), dp A, [dp A, (HDC) hcf B, TK hcf BD, TK hcf B]x3, NEOMAX

if someone would like to try it out and tell me the damage I'd be grateful <3

I don't really know how many times you can actually do the loop with HD time left to do the neomax, so adjust it accordingly. It's possible that a second rep isn't even possible because the opponent would be too low.

EDIT: nvm this combo is novelty

j.C, s.C, f.B, BD, s.C, f.B, dp.C (brake) dp A, [dp A, (HDC) hcf B, TK hcf BD, TK hcf B]x3, qcf hcb AC = 891 dmg

Not worth the meter/drive
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:49:10 PM by GO4PRO »

sugarboy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
here is some of what i came up with from the trials and the maniac combo from SNKPlaymore's video

KOFXIII Mr.Karate HD Combo (HDコンボ集)