Author Topic: Mr. Karate  (Read 66275 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: EX Mr. Karate
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »
st.C, f+B, qcf+C, [DC] dp+C [AB brake], qcf, hcb+AC does about 530 damage

Add a jump-in for extra damage.

Also, the EX Kohou on crumble is a free super.

st.C, f.B xx QCF+P [DC] DP+C xx AB, TK HCF+B, QCFHCB+AC

566, with a j.D, hits 600.

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
st.C, f+B, qcf+C, [DC] dp+C [AB brake], qcf, hcb+AC does about 530 damage

Add a jump-in for extra damage.

Also, the EX Kohou on crumble is a free super.

st.C, f.B xx QCF+P [DC] DP+C xx AB, TK HCF+B, QCFHCB+AC

566, with a j.D, hits 600.

Hm, that's pretty good. Could you try replacing f+A for f+B in the corner? The extra 3 percent is pretty good too.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »
Just got Mr. Karate... Been playing him all day... This guy is HARD to play (if you always wanna do his TK HienSK combos)... Definitely harder than Takuma... His overall damage output is lower than Takuma but he has more tools... Way more tools (minus the grab which is very important for Takuma)...

Anyways a few combos that I think are worth mentioning... All of them based on consistency...

Mid-Screen -

0 Meter + 0 Drive

- j.D/cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits*, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B, dp+A = 288 dmg
- j.D/cr.B, cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits*, dp+C~A+B, hyper hop D = 268 dmg (Reset + Easier hit confirm)

1 Meter + 0 Drive

- j.D/cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits*, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B, qcf~hcb+A = 439 dmg
- j.D/cr.B, cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits*, dp+C~A+B, qcf~hcb+A = 414 dmg (Easier hit confirm)

1 Meter + 1 Drive

- j.D, s.C, qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B, qcf~hcb+A = 486 dmg ("DC" Can be option selected)

2 Meter + 0 Drive

- j.D/cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits*, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B, qcf~hcb+AC = 529 dmg
- j.D/cr.B, cr.B, s.B, f+A *2 hits*, dp+C~A+B, qcf~hcb+AC = 504 dmg (Easier hit confirm)

2 Meter + 1 Drive

- j.D, s.C, qcf+A, DC, dp+C~A+B, TK hcf+B, qcf~hcb+AC = 583 dmg ("DC" Can be option selected)

Corner -

0 Meter + 0 Drive

- j.D, s.C, f+B, dp+C~A+B, qcf+A, dp+A = 323 dmg

0 Meter + 1 Drive

- j.D, s.C, f+B, dp+C~A+B, qcf+A, dp+A, DC, TK hcf+B, qcf+A, dp+A = 440 dmg

1 Meter + 0 Drive

- j.D, s.C, f+B, dp+C~A+B, qcf+A, qcf~hcb+A = 477 dmg

1 Meter + 1 Drive

- j.D, s.C, f+B, dp+C~A+B, qcf+A, dp+A, DC, TK hcf+B, qcf+A, qcf~hcb+A = 582 dmg

2 Meter + 0 Drive

- j.D, s.C, f+B, dp+C~A+B, qcf+A, qcf~hcb+AC = 574 dmg

2 Meter + 1 Drive

- j.D, s.C, f+B, dp+C~A+B, qcf+A, dp+A, DC, TK hcf+B, qcf+A, qcf~hcb+AC = 658 dmg
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:46:08 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

b4k4

• New Challenger
  • In the 37th Chamber
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
Solid information t3h mAsTarOth, thanks for posting. Check your PMs.

Edit: Can you explain what you meant by "option selecting" DCs? Is it just that, on block, the DC won't come out because they only work in the event of a hit, and that the string is otherwise relatively safe?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:02:37 PM by b4k4 »

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 03:05:33 AM »
I came up with (j.D) st.C, f+A, qcf+C[dash], dp+A,[DC], air hcf+B, f_b_f+A, [DC] dp+a, dp+a, qcf~hcb+AC  = 606 Dmg

2 drive bars , 2 meter

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 05:10:58 AM »
Thanks Mastaroth. Trying to get used to him. Linking the C SRK Break into Back Dash Tatsu into whatever is HARD. Holy shit.

I like his pressure game though. His regular counters seem kinda' meh and I don't think any of them counter low, at least when I tried it against the CPU and the window to hit them is pretty small. EX Counter even counters Supers and if they hit high they go into a crumple state like EX Fireball.

EX Fireball seems pretty worthless. Hits only midscreen and SLOW as hell.

Is it practical to combo into the Hundred Hand Slaps/Zanretuken? It's HARD to DC after it and with damage scaling it doesn't seem worth it.

Also: How do you break C SRK during Hyper Drive and combo after it? Because whenever I try to break it I just get regular fireball or sometimes EX.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:13:31 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

b4k4

• New Challenger
  • In the 37th Chamber
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 05:42:51 AM »
Linking the C SRK Break into Back Dash Tatsu into whatever is HARD. Holy shit.
Why would you want to do this? You can do dp+C~A+B, TK Tatsu. No need to back dash. Just input the Tatsu as 412369+B and it will connect every time. The window is tight, but I got it down in about five minutes. Make sure you really hit the u/f corner on the input before hitting B, otherwise you'll get standing Bs all day. It even feels like you can somewhat buffer this.

EX Fireball seems pretty worthless. Hits only midscreen and SLOW as hell.
It's an automatic Guard Crush on block though, I think that's the true use. Even as I say this, I'm imagining reset situations where you time it so they either have to eat the move, or take the guard crush into an even bigger combo.

Is it practical to combo into the Hundred Hand Slaps/Zanretuken? It's HARD to DC after it and with damage scaling it doesn't seem worth it.
I don't know about the damage scaling, but rather than DC it, you can link a dp+A in the corner. Midscreen I'm not convinced of the uses.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 05:49:20 AM »
EX Fireball is for Frame Traps.  It's a free crumple on anyone on the ground, blocking it won't do crap.  Makes the opponent a lot more frightened on the ground.

As for Braking DP in HD, you have to do it late, like if you were confirming the hit, and then Braking.

Though honestly, considering the damage he does outside of HD, I don't think he needs to go into HD all too much.  Like yeah, 1 on 1, get the finish, but if you need to run it back, I don't see the need.  He does hella damage with only one Drive as long as you got decent meter.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 09:01:01 AM »
Yeah I figured it out. C SRK and don't break it and do his tatsu. Pretty simple. I thought you meant you had to break it in order to combo into the Tatsu. Amazing damage and reset potential there.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »
Think I've found a bug with karate - thankfully nothing that affects gameplay at all (and is negligible as can be), but thought I would mention it anyhow. Played versus using stock color 1 against cpu which was set to random. A couple of times, got mirror matched with karate who was identically stock color 1.

Thankfully you can't force this from the selection screen at all.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »
I think I've figured out the "dive kick" mystery:

He only dives when the move is performed very close to the ground.

I could be wrong, though...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 09:40:06 PM »
...His Dive Kick is HCF+D in the air.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:55 PM »
So...

That move doesn't go by the  ;b = one kick,  ;d = two kicks rule that Takuma's version does?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »
Technically it does.  B version has one kick and D does 2.  It just happens the D version also goes down on an angle like a dive kick.

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »
Im stuck at trial 7. i find it really hard to do f+b, qcf+C. I keep getting the fireball super. anyways thats the least of my problems though. I have absolutely no idea how im going to DC dp+A into qcf+AC. normally like with kyo , to DC his dp+A into up kicks , I just do dp+A~D then it works. Now with Mr karate those tricks DO NOT want to work anymore. If anyone has a shortcut on how to do it , please share.