Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259677 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #660 on: April 03, 2012, 07:02:49 AM »
Finally caught the MLG finals with Mr KOF and Bala. Good shit. Little disappointed Bala dropped Clark for Shen but Kyo/Iori can give Clark a lot of trouble, he should've used Clark's j.B because it counters a lot of their hops.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 03, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
Finally caught the MLG finals with Mr KOF and Bala. Good shit. Little disappointed Bala dropped Clark for Shen but Kyo/Iori can give Clark a lot of trouble, he should've used Clark's j.B because it counters a lot of their hops.

Not the way Mr. Kof was using Kyo and Iori, their j.B, j.Cs (w/ jump speed included) will beat out Clark's j.B.  You gotta give Mr. Kof and Bala a little more credit than that.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 04, 2012, 12:35:54 AM »

Not the way Mr. Kof was using Kyo and Iori, their j.B, j.Cs (w/ jump speed included) will beat out Clark's j.B.  You gotta give Mr. Kof and Bala a little more credit than that.

Not trying to belittle the efforts of either. In my experience Clark's j.B was a good tool to use against them. What would you suggest is Clark's best air to air tool against Kyo/Iori/Beni?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 04, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »
In my opinion, Kyo, Iori, and Benimaru have some of the best air-to-air normals. Clark's jumb B is nice and vertical, but it's not going to out beat them in the air. It's just great that they're not like K' and get free combos off of air-to-airs.

Anyway, I don't play Clark, can't say I know a lot about him, but if you hop back and just poke them with the tip  with a CD or a jump B, wouldn't that work as well? Also what about his jump D? It's got a pretty horizontal hitbox as well as a bit over him as well.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 04, 2012, 01:09:51 AM »
You have to get in as Clark, you can't let them control the air and keep you out because his AA game isn't that good. Jump back CD is okay but it'll put you in the corner and because of quick roll you can't really capitalize on it. Only other choice is to play the footsie game and out-poke them with Clark's s.D or do Charge Punch if you have Yomi.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 04, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
the earthquake made everybody crazy

Yeah it tends to do that to people :P.

Anyways, from my experience with Clark the more pressure and mind games are applied against him the more his options are closed; considering Kyo, Iori and Benimaro you (can throw K' in also) which they are excellent at applying pressure and they have options, Clark will struggle against them. In my personal opinion BALA knew exactly what to do but i'd prefer if he stuck with Clark; it would have been more interesting for us viewers.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 04, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »
Anyways, from my experience with Clark the more pressure and mind games are applied against him the more his options are closed; considering Kyo, Iori and Benimaro you (can throw K' in also) which they are excellent at applying pressure and they have options, Clark will struggle against them. In my personal opinion BALA knew exactly what to do but i'd prefer if he stuck with Clark; it would have been more interesting for us viewers.

I find his adjustments interesting, he sits there thinks deep and usually just makes one change but that one change pays of big for him. He loses to MastaCJ and then takes Joe for OCVs, he loses to Combofiend and then picks K' for an OCV. He made a similar adjustment against Reynald by picking Shen instead of Clark to shut down Mr. Karate when the character was new.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:56:35 PM by Diavle »

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 04, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »

With $6000 on the line nobody would care about whether it was entertaining for the viewers or not. It's always going to be play to win in those circumstances and I respect whatever decision he goes with.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
You have to get in as Clark, you can't let them control the air and keep you out because his AA game isn't that good. Jump back CD is okay but it'll put you in the corner and because of quick roll you can't really capitalize on it. Only other choice is to play the footsie game and out-poke them with Clark's s.D or do Charge Punch if you have Yomi.

Yeah, but you sometimes don't always have the choice to capitalize on every air-to-air.  Sometimes jumping back D, jumping back/vertical CD (depending on position) is the only thing you can do.  Air throw is the best choice but once again depends on the situation.  

Against a rabid attacking Iori or Kyo j.B probably isn't the best choice of action.  Just reposition yourself first with back dashes, or a carefully calculated roll and then chose which normal to use (if they're 1-2 characters away, far D stuffs hops well but if they're too close it's not going to work etc).

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 04, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »
I find his adjustments interesting, he sits there thinks deep and usually just makes one change but that one change pays of big for him. He loses to MastaCJ and then takes Joe for OCVs, he loses to Combofiend and then picks K' for an OCV. He made a similar adjustment against Reynald by picking Shen instead of Clark to shut down Mr. Karate when the character was new.

Yeah, BALA always surprises me and entertains me. Just by changing one character he changes the whole game. Well, I hope I could be as good as him one day :P.

With $6000 on the line nobody would care about whether it was entertaining for the viewers or not. It's always going to be play to win in those circumstances and I respect whatever decision he goes with.

I was talking about my point of view as a viewer but from his perspective, yeah of course he wouldnt care, I wouldnt expect him to care really, as you said 6000$ are on the line and of course I respect his decision. He is playing on a professional level after all; all his decisions regarding his characters should be respected as it is his choice.

Yeah, but you sometimes don't always have the choice to capitalize on every air-to-air.  Sometimes jumping back D, jumping back/vertical CD (depending on position) is the only thing you can do.  Air throw is the best choice but once again depends on the situation. 

Against a rabid attacking Iori or Kyo j.B probably isn't the best choice of action.  Just reposition yourself first with back dashes, or a carefully calculated roll and then chose which normal to use (if they're 1-2 characters away, far D stuffs hops well but if they're too close it's not going to work etc).

Would that be easy to do or hard? I am asking but my thought is (because I play against him a lot) it would be tough for him considering they have very good pressure play, high options and his maneuverability is not as good as theirs.

BTW Kane, I saw your match against Mr.KoF; You ROCK man, your the only Chin player I saw.

Respect.   

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
(Apologies in advance for deviating away from your MLG/EVO talk, but I was told it was best to post this here)

So the other day I was messing around with dp into fireball drive cancel and with a little work going around the cast of characters found that the shortcut dp+p~p works with other characters besides Liz outside of HD mode (and with other buttons besides p and in different combinations i.e. dp+lp~hk, lp~hp, hp~lp, etc)

The method I used to get this was doing the dp motion (or rdp) and then quickly doing the combination of attack buttons (think of the timing/speed as that of double clicking on your mouse)

Characters and what I've been able to get: (Note that whether the moves connect or game viability was not the goal, but to see if the method worked)

- Ryo (dragon punch xdcx fireball = pp)
- Robert (dragon punch xdcx fireball = pp)
- Mr Karate (dragon punch xdcx fireball = pp)
- K' (dragon punch xdcx fireball = pp & dragon punch xdcx dash = pk)
- Kyo (dragon punch xdcx fireball = pp & dragon punch xdcx qcf+k = pk)
- Yuri (dragon punch xdcx fireball = pp & dragon punch xdcx qcf+kl = pk (Only happened once, but got dp+k every other time so it's too inconsistent))
- Kula (dragon punch xdcx fireball = pp (C ver only it seems))
- Saiki (dp+k xdcx fireball = kp)
- Flame Iori (dragon punch xdcx fireball = pp (Got to do the double tap faster than the others imo, feels inconsistent)
- Andy (dragon punch xdcx elbow using f,db,f+p~p (No matter the combination of strengths won't connect :P)
- Chin (qcb+p xdcx drink using rdp+p~p (don't know why, but qcb out prioritizes drink)
- Athena (dragon punch xdcx teleport = pk))
- Benimaru (dp+k xdcx air fireball using dp+k~p (delay the p just a fraction more than with the others. doesn't seem to do xdcx into ground fireball))
- Ex Kyo (dragon punch xdcx qcf+k = pk (pp for xdcx in rekka doesn't seem to work))
- Kensou (rdp+k xdcx fireball = kp)

I feel like this shouldn't be too hard for people to confirm for themselves, but I might try and make a video of it at some point and get it up to show it.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
^ Nice find, surprised that this method actually works.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
There is no such thing as "Trip Guard Anti-Air" people. Trip Guard doesn't exist in KOF which is why you can anti-air people with low profiling low attacks. Trip Guard means to GUARD the TRIP.

I made the mistake of saying this awhile back:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2194.msg54082#msg54082

So, please. Stop calling it "trip guard anti-air". We might front page this if needed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:03:06 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)
« Reply #673 on: September 27, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
@ 1:15

SBR 2.5 KOFXIII GF DB ToXY vs SL Burnout

You can't sweep someone after bringing them to their knees (crumble)?

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)
« Reply #674 on: September 28, 2013, 03:44:26 AM »
There is no such thing as "Trip Guard Anti-Air" people.

I want to know where the fuck this "Trip Guard Anti-Air" thing started. I saw it on SRK's wiki awhile back and all I could do was shake my head.