Author Topic: Combos  (Read 9870 times)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Combos
« on: December 06, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
Well, here there is a lot of work.

I will update from times to times and try to keep it up.
Some help will be nice.

Combos will be sort by difficulty, then by cost and at last by gauge consumption.
It's not because you're starting the game you can't try to learn the standard or expert ones. Especially standards are Kim players main BnBs. Basics are just here if you didn't have try a KOF yet.
Combos with a * are the ones which you must learn, they are useful at every levels of the game.

Oh and keep in mind, if you want to learn how to play Kim forget Trials, it's just bullshit (it's true for the others character too).

Glossary :
s/d/u/f/b : The five different direction, stand (nothing, the middle of the stick), down, up, forward, backward. df means down forward etc.
Example : ff.A is the Kim's Twio Yop Chagi move (What a shitty name srly).
qcf/qcb : Quarter circle front/quarter circle back you must do d, df, f/d, db, b to do them.
hcf/hcb : Half circle front/half circle back you must do b, bf,d, df, f/d, db, b, df, f to do them.
~ : It means following to, the charge moves, follow-up moves are written like this.
Example : d~u.D is the Hienzan D, d~u.D~d.D his the Hienzan D followed by the d.D follow up on the Hienzan D.
, : It means combo into.
Example : d.B,d.B,s.B,ff.A,qcb.B
To do this you must cancel the first d.B into an other one then cancel the second d.B into s.B, then cancel the s.B, into ff.A, then cancel the ff.A into qcb.B.
d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C : It means there are two ways for doing this combo, you can start with both option, the different damage will be written as : X/Y Dmg.

Keep in mind 99% of your oppening will be from d.B,s.B

Basics : Day One Combos.

d.B,d.B,d~u.B (121 Dmg) Try to avoid this one and learn d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,ff.A,qcb.B  ASAP

*(1 Ex) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,qcb.BD,ff.A,qcb.D (289/301 Dmg) Best deal between cost, confirm, and difficulty to execute. Plus the okizeme on this combo is really powerful.

(50% Dc) s.C,qcb.D,d~u.D,d.D (279 Dmg) I think it's the best solution for one drive midscreen, try to avoid spending your green bar in drive cancel then you know how to do the HD combos, they are far more powerful.

(Corner) s.C,qcb.B,d~u.D~d.D (242 Dmg) Always good for dealing damage without spending any meter in corner.

(2 Ex, 50% Dc) s.C,qcb.D,(SC) qcb hcf.BD (450 Dmg)

Easy Combos : Some Hours Later.

*d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,ff.A,qcb.B (183/179 Dmg) This is the the most important BnB to know

(1 Ex, Corner) s.C,ff.A,qcb.BD,d~u.D~d.D (333 Dmg) Whiff on crouching opponent be careful.

(1 Ex) s.C,qcf qcf.B,ff.A,qcb.D (301 Dmg) Good punition, may be too hard to hit confirm if you don't do a jump in attack before.

(1 Ex, Near Corner) s.C,qcf qcf.B,qcb.D (3 Hits),d~u.D~d.D (380 Dmg) Good punition, may be too hard to hit confirm if you don't do a jump in attack before.

(1 Ex, 50% DC) s.C,qcb.D,(SC)qcf qcf.B,ff.A,qcb.D (363Dmg) Might be of some use, same oki as d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,qcb.BD,ff.A,qcb.D but I prefer spend my HD bar in HD combo.

(1 Ex, 50% DC, Near Corner) s.C,qcb.D,(SC)qcf qcf.B,qcb.D(3 Hits),d~u.D~d.D (431 Dmg) You can do this combo at the position where start your opponent in the practice mode, just think to add a little run after the super cancel.

(2 Ex, 100% DC) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,(HD)s.C,qcb.D,qcb hcf.AC (602/623 Dmg) The simplest HD combo.

Standard Combos : Dozens Hours Later.

(1 Ex, 50% DC, Corner) s.C,qcb.B,d~u.B,(SC)qcf qcf.B,qcb.D(3 Hits),d~u.D~d.D (462 Dmg) To do the Super Cancel it's easier to do the hienzan as a half circle top : (2)23698+B 236+K To do the 3 Hit on the qcb.D you must do a step backward. I'm doing 21(4)+D, I hold the back motion a little time before inputting the D to time it.
Not that useful, since the release of the game I placed it once.

* (2 Ex) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,ff.A,qcb hcf.BD (395/408 Dmg) Brainless way to add damages when d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,qcb.BD,ff.A,qcb.D is not enough to kill your opponent, far weaker oki.

(3 Ex, 50% DC) s.C,qcb.D,(SC)qcf qcf.B,qcb.D(3 Hits),qcb hcf.BD (582 Dmg) You must run to do the second qcb.D but if you run too far the qcb hcf.BD will miss. I never have been landing this combo.

(3 Ex, 50% DC, Corner) s.C,qcb.B,d~u.B,(SC)qcf qcf.B,qcb.D(3 Hits),hcb qcf.BD (617 Dmg)  

*(2 Ex, 100% DC, Near Full Screen) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,(HD)s.C,qcb.D,(HD)d~u.B,(HD)qcb.D (2Hits),d~u.B,(HD)qcf.K*(Whiff),qcb hcf.AC (694/737 Dmg) A bit harder HD combo, works everywhere, you must do the neomax after the recovery of the qcf.B. I think it's the optimised hd combo full screen. If you are full screen do the Neomax after the 2nd Hit of the 2nd qcb.D. In average I'm doing this combo once per match, on a d.B opening each time I found one and I have the meter I go for it.

* Both version works, D seems easier for some people :
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1684.msg53878#msg53878

Expert Combos : Hundreds Hours Later.

* far.D,d.B,s.B, ...   far D to d.B is a link, but a very special one, since the timings depends on the fact of which hit of the far D land, if the first one is blocked or whiff, and finally you must confirm on the d.B afterward if both far D hits are blocked. If the d.B pass, the s.B will be always at range to pass to. Keep in mind d.B is + on guard and s.B is -. If I was able to land this combo more consistently I'll land it 2-3 times per match. Because if I was landing it my opponent will be dead too fast to let me land it more.

*(1 Ex, Corner) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,ff.A,qcf.BD,s.D,qcb.B,d~u.D~d.D (360/388 Dmg) The true shit. It's working with s.C too, but i'm feeling like the link is easier with s.D.

The link of the s.D after the qcf.BD is surely 2 frames.

(2 Ex, Corner) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,ff.A,qcf.BD,s.D,qcf qcf.B,qcb.D,d~u.D~d.D (435/480 Dmg)
To hard to do to be add in my game for now. This combo is really, really hard. But it's the most powerful one for this gauge.

*(100% DC, Near Corner) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C/f.B,(HD)d.C,qcb.D,(HD)d~u.B,[(HD)qcb.D(1 Hit),d~u.B]*5,(HD)qcb.D (477/531/526 Dmg) You can do d.C,qcb.B,d~u.B in corner but if you're a little too far the qcb.D start increase a lot the range so if you're skilled enough to do the right version at the right time GO! I do d.C for the extra range and be sure to do combo the move, if you do a far C there are chances it wont combo after a HD s.B. Because it's hard to cancel the active frame of a s.B with the HD and gain the autodash.
Keep in mind if the second qcb.D hits 2 hits you can't combo after hit with the normal loop, to do it hit one time you must cancel the first qcb.D later.

*(100% DC, Near Corner) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C/f.B,(HD)d.C,qcb.D,(HD)d~u.B,[(HD)qcb.D(1 Hit),d~u.B]*5,(HD)qcb hcf (822/864/859 Dmg) Same thing with a Neomax ending. If you have trouble at doing hienzan supercancel Neomax, you can also end by doing a qcb.B which will whiff but recover faster, allowing you to land the Neomax

Some crazy combos videos :
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1684.msg45603#msg45603
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:01:52 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Combos
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »
If someone has been successful in doing d.B,d.B,s.B,ff.A,qcf.BD,s.D/C,ff.A,qcb.B (345 Dmg) MIDSCREEN
Let me know it please, because for me only far version of these moves are coming out.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:30:47 PM by Sharnt »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
2 things, after a successful jump and hard ground attack max 1/3 screen away from corner: ;dn ;db ;bk ;d after 3 hits dc  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d juggle with ;dn ;db ;bk ;b and now youve got them in the corner with the ability to free juggle on, but if you have bars, hohoho.

;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or ;d;dn ;db ;bk ;d, now after this, finish combo to your liking with or without spending extra bars. i haven't tried it yet, but it might be possible to go into hd mode after launch super and still hit ;dn ;db ;bk ;d, or you couls always try something else.

also that air ex ;dn ;df ;fd, it feels like standing  ;c afterwards feels lie a 1 frame link, while ;d feels like a 2 framer, thus easier.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »
Firstly :
How do you want to go into hd mode after a Drive Cancel?
Secondly, the both version of qcfqcf.K didnt combo after s.C,qcb.D,(DC)qcb.BD,qcd.B, in the corner.
I was only able to do a d~u.D after that.
If there is a trick i didn't guess, please explain yourself.

So it doesn't worth it imo.

Now i'm doing :
s.C,qcd.D,(SC)qcfqcf.B,qcd.D,d~u.D~d.D 431 Dmg near corner
s.C,qcd.D,(SC)qcfqcf.B,ff.A,qcb.D 363 Dmg

For the Air qcf.BD it seems we have the same feeling.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 06:15:45 AM »
yeah your right, didnt think it through. your only choice would be to flashkick, otherwise youd have to use even more bars by dc'ing another flashkick into super launcher which should be possible. not worth the bar though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 07:11:12 PM »
Ok after lot of test it works :
(1 Ex, 50%, Back into the corner) s.C,qcb.D,(SC)qcf qcf.D,ff,qcb.D(4 Hits),d~u.D,d.D (399 Dmg those dmg are for 3 hits)
The ff is a cross under run, you must run under your opponent to relaunch him with the qcb.D.

If you're back is in the corner it can do a way to do a HD combo in corner if you're full screen.

I think it will works like this. I can't do it consistently enough to test it now :
The timing for the run is very precise though, quite hard to do it consistently.
But if you miss it and two hits are land at least you can follow the combo by doing d~u.B,(HD)qcf.B,d~u.B,loop.
If you land at least 3 hits you can do in HD mode : qcb.D(3 Hits or more),d~u.B,(HD)qcb.D(1 Hit)

(1 Ex, 50% DC) s.C,qcb.D,(SC)qcf qcf.D,ff,qcb.D(4 Hits),d~u.B (388 Dmg)
It's for now the best option to do damage in midscreen. (I don't think to lost the near full screen travelling and the hardknockdown worth it though).

(2 Ex, Corner) s.C,ff.A,qcf.BD,s.D,ff.A,qcf.BD,s.D,qcb.B,d~u.D~d.D (461 Dmg) Does less than the next one and even harder to do =_=.

(2 Ex, Corner) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,ff.A,qcf.BD,s.D,qcf qcf.B,qcb.D,d~u.D~d.D (435/480 Dmg)
To hard to do to be add in my game for now.

(2 Ex) d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,ff.A,qcf.BD,qcb.BD,ff.A,qcb.D (364/392 Dmg)
(2 Ex) d.B,d.B/s.C,qcf qcf.B,ff.A,qcb.BD(2 Hits),ff.A,qcb.D (364/395 Dmg)

Easier confirm on the first one, the second one put your opponent further.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:42:21 PM by Sharnt »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 02:20:15 AM »
Edit i forgot to add the HD combos.

BTW i think it doesn't worth to spend more than 2 Ex in the HD mode, i think there is a 100% with 3 Ex though, still working on it.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 02:35:44 PM »
900 Damages near corner hd +2 stock combo :
KOF XIII KIM Combo BALA 900dmg 2 bars

j.C,s.C,(HD)s.C,qcb.D,(HD)d~u.B,[(HD)qcf.B(whiff),qcb.B,d~u.B]*2,(HD)qcb.B(whiff),d~u.B,(HD)qcb.D,d~u.B,(HD)qcb hcf.AC (900)

1001 Damages corner hd +3 stock combo / 601 5 stocks Stun combo :
KOF XIII/13 - Kim's 100% combo + corner stun 金卡法一條血連段跟擊暈連段

There is a better (and easier) stun combo (It does it all at 1min25s, 677 dmg):
KOF13 Kim stun combo
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:19:33 AM by Sharnt »

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 03:22:44 AM »
argh I keep missing the ffA in combos >_> don't do the twitch motions so easily.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »
d.B,d.B,s.B/s.C,(HD)s.C,qcb.D,(HD)d~u.B,(HD)qcb.D (2Hits),d~u.B,(HD)qcf.B(Whiff),qcb hcf.AC (694/737 Dmg) A bit harder HD combo, works everywhere, you must do the neomax after the recovery of the qcf.B. I think it's the optimised hd combo full screen. If you are full screen do the Neomax after the 2nd Hit of the 2nd qcb.D. In average I'm doing this combo once per match, on a d.B opening each time I found one and I have the meter I go for it.

Is there a particular reason why you're using qcf.B and not qcf.D for the whiff? The D version seems to make hitting the Neomax infinitely easier IMO.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »
I should have put qcf.K, since both version works, I'm just use to the B version.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »
(Corner, 100% Drive, 3 Ex) J.CD (counter), air qcf.BC, (HD) qcb.BD, [d~u.B,(HD)qcb.D]*3,d~u.B,qcb.B(whiff),qcb hcf.AC (735 Dmg)

Really dislike the randomness issue with qcf.BC hitting in a random patern making you potentially waste your hd.

Other version far harder to confirm, far more reliablen and more damaging.

(Corner, 100% Drive, 3 Ex) J.CD (counter), air qcb.BCD, (d~u.B,(HD)qcb.D)*3,d~u.B,(HD) qcb.B (whiff), qcf hcb.AC (846 Dmg)

You can change the HD loops they aren't optimized.

Note : You can start this from near corner adding a ff.A,qcb.BD

Even better version :
(Near Corner, 100% Drive, 3 Ex) J.CD (counter), air qcb.BCD, d~u.B,(HD)qcf.D,qcb.B, (d~u.B,(HD)qcb.D)*3,(HD) qcf hcb.AC (889 Dmg)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:49:25 PM by Sharnt »

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 09:56:16 AM »
Great stuff on the j.CD combos! Def. Gonna have to work on adding these to my game, thanks.

Halfro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 11:28:57 PM »
Just to add a touch onto that that j.cd counter hit stuff, you can do similar stuff with his AA or regular hit 236236+lk super. It has the added benefit that if it is blocked it is safe (+2) on block if you do it too slow for an AA attempt or accidentally mistime it in a combo.

Corner hit:
236236+lk aa, 9214+BCD, [28B, 63214D] xn, 28B HD 236B, Neo Max

Near corner hit:
236236+lk aa, 9214+BCD, 66A, 214BD, [28B, 63214D] xn, 28B HD 236B, Neo Max

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:59:11 PM by Sharnt »