Author Topic: Yuri Sakazaki (Arcade Version)  (Read 33199 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: Yuri Sakazaki
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 08:20:03 PM »

I tried it.

You can tell SNK likes to parody Capcom.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 09:11:21 PM »
From what I read, they created Yuri to parody Sakura and then Capcom responded by making Dan haha.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 04:21:10 AM »
you happen to read wiki or some shit? cause thats sounding wrong. ryo and robert looking like ryu and ke, not really but still a little. yuri = 91/92, sakura = 95 iirc. and dan was based on robert. and not just that, theres soo many things wrong in your post, and its just a small post to boot. also dan is sfa1, sakura is sfa2, you do realize that sakura wasnt even created when dan was?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 04:56:25 AM »
No I didn't cause I didn't care enough to look it up. I don't even remember where I read that so whatever I definitely can be wrong.

Yuri was first playable in Art of Fighting 2 (1994). Dan was in Alpha 1 (1995). Sakura was in Alpha 2 (1996). So it's certainly plausible that it's the other way around. Dan is most definitely a parody of SNK characters for sure.

Edit: So back to what's really important, I remember seeing a video where the dive kick can cross up on wake up. Is this a big part of her game? Kind of like how Sakura is fairly dependent on her 50/50 game.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:20:27 AM by Demoninja »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 04:28:12 AM »
Posting in here again haha. I learned some basic BnBs with her and that's about it. Does anyone have any tips regarding getting cross up dive kicks? Also how do people generally play her? I just try to play a solid defensive game and hit confirm combos. However she seems like she'd be really good if I just rely on the 50/50 dive kick and work on creating situations that set them up for more 50/50s.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 05:01:50 AM »
Posting in here again haha. I learned some basic BnBs with her and that's about it. Does anyone have any tips regarding getting cross up dive kicks? Also how do people generally play her? I just try to play a solid defensive game and hit confirm combos. However she seems like she'd be really good if I just rely on the 50/50 dive kick and work on creating situations that set them up for more 50/50s.

Reynald, get to work!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 05:32:26 AM »
Damn, calling in the heavy artillery to start with?

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 05:59:25 AM »
Damn, calling in the heavy artillery to start with?

Only the best for you!

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 03:42:21 PM »
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14131522
Gonna have to put this here in case I forget the link again... x:

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 05:18:16 PM »
Something I have yet to know is if something happens if you perform  ;fd ;dn ;df;k and you don't follow it up... or do you have to follow it up if you want something to happen?

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 09:59:52 PM »

Sorry it took solong to respond, kane317 had to point out to me that someone had a question. Anyways, on to it.

On opponent wakeup, you can do s.C into dive kick or d.B x2 s.B into dk. Starting off with yuri, you may want to abuse that for a while so you can get use to the different timings of the dk (if you dont know what I'm talking about, you will after practicing). Her dk is a very big part of her game, but  remember she has other toolsthat make her effective. She has her fireball for zoning and corner pressure. Her qcb. P is also good for those things aswell. After youropponents catch on to the dk setups, you may want to use a zoning tactic. Ive made.plenty of situations where I can xup not only with her dk, but her fdf.(dp) K into P. Ill go more into detail about that when I get on a computer

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:49:52 PM by l2slythe »
PSN- MrGreen-AI

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
Gimmicks I see.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »

Sorry it took solong to respond, kane317 had to point out to me that someone had a question. Anyways, on to it.

On opponent wakeup, you can do s.C into dive kick or d.B x2 s.B into dk. Starting off with yuri, you may want to abuse that for a while so you can get use to the different timings of the dk (if you dont know what I'm

talking about, you will after practicing). Her dk is a very big part of her game, but  remember she has other toolsthat make her effective. She has her fireball for zoning and corner pressure. Her qcb. P is also good for those things aswell. After youropponents catch on to the dk setups, you may want to use a zoning tactic. Ive made.plenty of situations where I can xup not only with her dk, but her fdf.(dp) K into P. Ill go more into detail about that when I get on a computer

You typed all this from a phone???

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »

Don't we all type from phones these days anyways? /OT.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 11:18:11 PM »

Don't we all type from phones these days anyways? /OT.

Not for forum posting /over