Linked Events

• EGP SoCal Thurs Nights: January 19, 2012

Author Topic: [1/5/12]EGP SoCal Thurs Nights - Arkade Kombat  (Read 9879 times)

EGP_Compton

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Epic Gamer Productions
[1/5/12]EGP SoCal Thurs Nights - Arkade Kombat
« on: December 09, 2011, 04:11:42 AM »

EGP - Organizers of super legit SoCal tournaments presents "Arkade Kombat".

Pacific Blvd & Saturn Ave (Southwest corner)
Huntington Park, CA 90255

Venue Info:  ALL GAMES/POOL TABLES ARE ON FREE PLAY!  Your venue fee grants you access to the ENTIRE arcade on free play ALL night including pool tables. This is a HUGE arcade with plenty of space.  Their list of games includes Street Fighter, Ultimate Marvel, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, King of Fighters, Max Tune, Intial D and many more including lots of old school games.  They also have about 8 pool tables.  Free parking in front and behind the arcade.

Time:  8:00pm - 11:00pm.  If you are running late just PM me and I'll put you in the bracket.  

Lineup:  Mortal Kombat 9, King of Fighters XIII

Schedule:  I want to make this a monthly tournament but I would like to move it to the weekends.  In order to do this we need to show the arcade a huge turnout.  

Price:  
$5 cash pot (per game)
$5 venue vee (part of this money goes to the arcade and the other goes to operating costs.  This also give you access to the entire arcade on free play)

Payout:  70/20/10
$50 cash pot BONUS if we get about 20 unique players for KOF (as in not MK also)
Halo Reach copies for top 3

Setup:  PS3, Asus Monitors, Double Elim, Evo Rules, BYOC

Site:  http://www.EpicGamerProductions.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/EpicGamerProductions
Twitter:  @EGP_Compton

About EGP:  We have graciously been accredited for reviving the MK community in SoCal by top players such as Krayzie, Wonder Chef, Shoryuken 88 and Tyrant.  We are completely community driven and are endlessly dedicated to providing the best tournament experience possible to our deserving players.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:41:30 PM by EGP_Compton »

Twitter: @EGP_Compton

Wonder_Chef

• New Challenger
  • Awkward Commentator
    • View Profile
    • After Dark Gaming Youtube Channel
Re: [1/5/12]EGP SoCal Thurs Nights - Arkade Kombat
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:27:04 AM »
(Posted this in the So Cal thread already.)

FYI this is a great tournament, I should probably explain it a bit.

I'm a big part of the So Cal MK9 community, and after WNF left the Proud Bird our numbers REALLY started dwindling.  Luckily some of us found EGP's tournaments which are run extremely well (lots of Asus setups, organized bracket, etc.)  Over time we started working together with EGP and because of their tournaments the So Cal MK9 scene was actually revived, and we started bringing in 30ish people per tournament.

I seriously can't emphasize how great these tournaments are, and I hope the So Cal KOF scene will at least give them a try.  I promise you'll want to come back!

EDIT:  Also they're running the BYOC setup at SCR so check them out there first.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:30:09 AM by Wonder_Chef »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »
Keeping it real, Arcade Fantaztico is where I first started hosting tournaments with Team Chaos and K-Force back in the day. We were cool with the owner and everything he would set up the KOF 02 cabs to tournament mode for us, however one day after we stopped hosting tournaments TC was there for casuals and one of the buttons wasn't working properly so they asked the owner to replace. The owner went to the machine tighten the button (not replace it) and left, after a few games the button started malfunctioning again so they told the owner again, but this time instead of the owner replacing the button he asked all of them to leave, seriously he just pointed to the door and asked the whole group to leave.

Since then they haven't been back and if they don't support this venue I won't either. Maybe it's under new ownership or something but they are my friends so I gotta show some loyalty.

@DreamCancel Staff:

Just in general not directed to this venue, with the release of the game there might be a few more people who will try come and promote events, I suggest you make a new rule or screen the promoters or TOs who want to promote events on this site.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Wonder_Chef

• New Challenger
  • Awkward Commentator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 12:20:06 AM »
Keeping it real, Arcade Fantaztico is where I first started hosting tournaments with Team Chaos and K-Force back in the day. We were cool with the owner and everything he would set up the KOF 02 cabs to tournament mode for us, however one day after we stopped hosting tournaments TC was there for casuals and one of the buttons wasn't working properly so they asked the owner to replace. The owner went to the machine tighten the button (not replace it) and left, after a few games the button started malfunctioning again so they told the owner again, but this time instead of the owner replacing the button he asked all of them to leave, seriously he just pointed to the door and asked the whole group to leave.

Since then they haven't been back and if they don't support this venue I won't either. Maybe it's under new ownership or something but they are my friends so I gotta show some loyalty.

@DreamCancel Staff:

Just in general not directed to this venue, with the release of the game there might be a few more people who will try come and promote events, I suggest you make a new rule or screen the promoters or TOs who want to promote events on this site.

This is actually a new venue for EGP.  They've been running stuff at the Legendary Lotus in Orange and Frank and Sons in Walnut or City of Industry or whatever city that's in for like six months (or more? not sure.)

Legendary Lotus recently moved, so EGP is trying this out as a venue.  It will be entirely EGP's Asus + PS3 setups.

Unfortunately venues are hard to come by, and I hope you can overlook your past experiences with this place, because I would really love to see some KOFXIII locals happening consistently, and I don't see that happening anywhere else in So Cal yet.

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »

@DreamCancel Staff:

That sucks!  I know I wouldn't have come back to that place either :(  However....

The tournaments will be run by EGP, and on console.  Brian (owner of EGP) runs excellent tournaments and has helped keep the SoCal scene alive for MK.  Having worked with him, I can tell you that his tournaments are a lot of fun and are always full of HYPE!  I think everyone who loves KOF should be supporting the local scenes that are around for it too!

realkim

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »
WOWO THIS IS ODD that arcade is where we use to kick it LOL our 2 HOME Team Chaos http://www.facebook.com/TeamChaosL.A but After Chino kick us out nothing was the same anymore he stop caring about the place.... it might be cool to stop by again like a seed is been a while and all Team chaos member leave just a few minutes or blocks away from this arcade : ) lets see whats up Oscar it might be fun.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:53:58 AM by realkim »

EGP_Compton

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Epic Gamer Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 01:53:46 AM »
Hey guys if we get at least 15-20 players for KOF this Thursday I will add a $50 pot bonus out of my own pocket. 

I would also like to remind you that I do not work for this arcade.  I'm bringing all my own equipment and the reputation of my company is on the line so I take these tournaments very seriously.  It sucks to hear about any bad experiences anyone may have had in the past here.  If the owner is a dick and he doesn't like all the business we'll be bringing in for him we will take these tournaments somewhere else.  I can promise that I will do everything I can to put our players first.  That's how EGP rolls. 

Thanks again.  I hope you guys at least check it out.  Let me know if you have any other issues or questions.

Twitter: @EGP_Compton

ItZ RoMaNc3

• New Challenger
  • Team Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 03:03:55 AM »
WOWO THIS IS ODD that arcade is where we use to kick it LOL our 2 HOME Team Chaos http://www.facebook.com/TeamChaosL.A but After Chino kick us out nothing was the same anymore he stop caring about the place.... it might be cool to stop by again like a seed is been a while and all Team chaos member leave just a few minutes or blocks away from this arcade : ) lets see whats up Oscar it might be fun.

The place Where I Born as P. player...! =P with my Famlily...! T_T miss those days... 5 years ago..!! =) Was Our home... ask this guy to talk Chino if all team Chaos can go or.... just NEVERMAIND..!!

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »
im sure that if you start organizing this on saturdays you will have a good amount of people in there.during the week its very hard for most of us to show up.either way i give you mad props for doing all this.:)

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 02:41:01 PM »
hey you know what!!i got a better idea!!why dont you try to move all this to japan arcade at little tokyo?its only about 15-20 mins away from the underground arcade.im sure the owner isnt gonna bitch about doing events on saturdays.trust me on this one,japan arcade has a better chance then the other place.we also know some of the staff that work there so if need any help with the contacts we can help you.

Wonder_Chef

• New Challenger
  • Awkward Commentator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »
hey you know what!!i got a better idea!!why dont you try to move all this to japan arcade at little tokyo?its only about 15-20 mins away from the underground arcade.im sure the owner isnt gonna bitch about doing events on saturdays.trust me on this one,japan arcade has a better chance then the other place.we also know some of the staff that work there so if need any help with the contacts we can help you.

You know what, I've talked to Nathan about running events at both FFA and Japan arcade multiple times, and he ALWAYS ends up forgetting or just not doing it.

Also I don't think there's enough room at Japan Arcade for consoles =[

I would love that though, I worked right next to it for years, and that's where I basically learned to play fighting games.

Hope to meet many of you this thursday!

ItZ RoMaNc3

• New Challenger
  • Team Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »

You know what, I've talked to Nathan about running events at both FFA and Japan arcade multiple times, and he ALWAYS ends up forgetting or just not doing it.

Also I don't think there's enough room at Japan Arcade for consoles =[

I would love that though, I worked right next to it for years, and that's where I basically learned to play fighting games.

ok... see this... The owner dont let us play there any more... were the main players of LA.. think about LA tournaments without TeamChaos...!! o.O C'mon..!

Wonder_Chef

• New Challenger
  • Awkward Commentator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 02:53:23 AM »
ok... see this... The owner dont let us play there any more... were the main players of LA.. think about LA tournaments without TeamChaos...!! o.O C'mon..!

Why doesn't he let you guys play?

And just to clarify I'm not running the tournaments, I'm just a regular at them.

ItZ RoMaNc3

• New Challenger
  • Team Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 04:40:03 AM »

Why doesn't he let you guys play?

And just to clarify I'm not running the tournaments, I'm just a regular at them.

See THE ANSWER Reply like 5 comments before..!

b.a.l.a.

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 10:48:05 AM »
I think Team Chaos Just need come back to the and Say ''Hey we want to play here,and say ,We Sorry'' there....Chino is not gonna say Anything about it...and u guys can play there again :p