Linked Events

• EGP SoCal Thurs Nights: January 19, 2012

Author Topic: [1/5/12]EGP SoCal Thurs Nights - Arkade Kombat  (Read 9878 times)

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [1/5/12]EGP SoCal Thurs Nights - Arkade Kombat
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »
All of you guys should really consider giving this place another chance.  Here's why:

1) KOF13 has NO offline scene right now in SoCal.  Where are the tournaments?  Something is better than nothing.  While other people like Giby and myself are trying to work something out so there are more tourneys spread out through SoCal, EGP has already formed a place for people to meet and play.  BUILD YOUR COMMUNITY.  Go to every tournament and meet new players.  Expand the community, and you expand the longevity of the game in the FGC.  I love this game, and I don't want to see it die so soon after its release.  

2) Ok, I understand the owner was a jerk to you guys.  I cannot stand people who operate a business and have horrible customer service.  However, I know Brian Compton personally, and I'm sure the owner of this place is well aware of who is going to be there.  Maybe he's changed his ways?  You won't know unless you go.  Like Brian said, if he's a jerk, EGP will leave that place and go elsewhere.  Never let a grudge hold you down.  People change, and no one is perfect.  Everyone deserves a chance.  He didn't physically attack anyone.  He didn't hold anyone's child for ransom.  You have NOTHING TO LOSE by giving this place a chance and checking out EGP's tournament.

3) Brian is throwing in a POT BONUS if you get enough people to register...PLUS he's giving away sticks?  Why else would you need a reason to go?  

I will be at this tournament because I support EGP and the KOF13 community.  I beseech all of you to please get your friends and support this as well!

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 06:05:01 AM »
we can try going but once the problem is the date....most of us have to work on thursadays.i hope you guys get more then enough people to make this happen.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »
1) KOF13 has NO offline scene right now in SoCal.  Where are the tournaments?  Something is better than nothing.

Not to take anything away from EGP, but UCI are going to start doing ranbats; AA has a great offline scene that used to do monthly tournaments until we heard about the console announcements and now that it's out I'm sure we'll have something down here.  Just clearing that up.

Wonder_Chef

• New Challenger
  • Awkward Commentator
    • View Profile
    • After Dark Gaming Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »
Not to take anything away from EGP, but UCI are going to start doing ranbats; AA has a great offline scene that used to do monthly tournaments until we heard about the console announcements and now that it's out I'm sure we'll have something down here.  Just clearing that up.

It would be super nice to have something that isn't in OC though.  Too far for some of us =[

EGP_Compton

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Epic Gamer Productions
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »
We have moved the start time to 8pm in order to make it a little easier for those of you that work during the day and have to fight that LA traffic. 

I definitely intend to move these events to Saturdays but I can't do that without strong attendance.  So if you guys want an offline scene for KOF in LA I hope you will do what you can to be there.

Thanks again. 

Twitter: @EGP_Compton

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »
How's parking at this place?
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
I know this is alittle out of hand but can the tournament host please post the bracket up as well? I would like to make player data research so i need that

EGP_Compton

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Epic Gamer Productions
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »
How's parking at this place?

Good question.  Plenty of spots on Pacific Blvd.  They are metered but are free after 8pm.  Before that they're only $1 per hour so it shouldn't cost you more than a dollar to park.  There is also free parking behind the AT&T store on the North West corner of Pacific & Saturn.

I know this is alittle out of hand but can the tournament host please post the bracket up as well? I would like to make player data research so i need that

I will post tournament results.

Twitter: @EGP_Compton

Wonder_Chef

• New Challenger
  • Awkward Commentator
    • View Profile
    • After Dark Gaming Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »
Hope to see everyone there today!

This will technically be my first KOF tournament.