Author Topic: Joe matchup thread  (Read 2570 times)

dmick1981

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Joe matchup thread
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »
How in the world does Joe fight Karate and Kyo? (Please refrain from using CAPS -Kane317
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:24:34 AM by Kane317 »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Joe matchup thread
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »
do you have anything specific you want an answer for?

Just every day stuff would be, punish karate's "fireballs" with slashkick and be ready to tiger kick through kyo's up kicks.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »
Press s.A.

Some things more specific though:

Karate

• If you can judge when he presses buttons in the air you can anti-air early buttons with slide.
  • Far hops that don't quite reach you you can get with s.A or if you don't fancy that s.B hits them as they drop a little lower and if they don't have meter you can cancel it into hurricane to lock them down.
  • When you pressure him and he has meter you must refrain from throwing out 'predictable' step kicks on block, canceling it will see you eating ex ranbu and put on the back foot.
  • It goes without saying that taking advantage of every hit will be massively helpful
  • You movement becomes paramount, if you are awarded a free out and don't take it you're in trouble
  • Non-Japanese Karate players love doing c.B s.B f.A (Japanese seem to greatly prefer staggering s.B to hit confirm into f.A) - which you can guard roll at the s.B and punish. Similarly with s.C f.B.

If you want more than vague advice then you'll have to give specifics like TheFluke said.
Can't really do more than say 'work on footsies and movement'.

Kyo is pretty similar to the advice above but with the addition of: don't throw out things that are unsafe on block to at least -2. EX ON will just destroy you.

Guard roll needs to be used more against everyone from what I see.

It'd be good to take this thread and put general notes on specifics of Joe vs. them.

I don't have time for that now but will happily contribute if it does happen.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:36:54 PM by raisedbyfinches »

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:05:10 AM »
How about Joe vs Ralf or Goro? I kinda have a feel for how both matches should be played,but I feel like I'm not doing the specific things to make the matches easier.