Author Topic: Terry Bogard Combo Thread  (Read 43156 times)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard Combo Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2013, 12:03:59 AM »
If an opponent ducks, yes.

If the opponent does not duck, you can be normal thrown. Other than that, it's safe.

Well you can't be normal thrown because you can always tech it also you can space it to where the tip of the crackshoot hits and you're still safe.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2013, 11:58:49 PM »
I Have a video for that HD combo i Posted

King of fighters XIII tech update: Terry 3 bar HD combo

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2013, 09:11:52 PM »
On a less grand scale (ie bnb rather than HD) it seems we've been doing the wrong combo in the corner this whole time. From just about every starter, Terry is better off doing EX burn knuckle > b crack shoot> C tackle rather than the usual midscreen 1 meter 1 drive we've gotten accustomed to. More damage, better meter build (sub the meter from the A burn knuckle for the meter from C rising tackle). Only issues are building more meter for the opponent than the buster wolf variant, and losing the better set-up a buster wolf provides. It also combos off of crouch b x 2 or 3 into stand B if you feel inclined to use that as a built-in block-string/ frame trap set-up.
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »
I've actually been doing d.B, st.B, df+C as a block string/hit confirm. Since it's a tight link, it's not easy, but it does more damage and much easier to hit confirm off of than st.B into EX burn knuckle.

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »
I've actually been doing d.B, st.B, df+C as a block string/hit confirm. Since it's a tight link, it's not easy, but it does more damage and much easier to hit confirm off of than st.B into EX burn knuckle.

One little problem: Df+ C is mega-negative on block forcing you to commit to a cancel of some sort. Granted this isn't a huge deal for Terry with his pretty safe specials for this. Also for my confirm I'm using several crouch b's first, so it's easy to see, and if they block you're at +2 after stand b and you can keep up the pressure. Both are good so we might as well pick up from each other. Imma use that string at the next session I play.

Either way, the bigger point I was going for was using EX knuckle in corner combos instead of the usual bnb.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2013, 09:41:15 PM »

St b> ex knuckle is pretty easy to confirm lol.

Your link isn't all that difficult because its the exact same timing as a st b> cl st c butttt it's a lot riskier and easier to punish because as previously stated you have to cancel it or get punished

One thing I do that I don't see many people doing is delaying the cancel timing in his normals. Terry has 3 normals he can preform this with and they can put this property to great use.  It can make people think Terry is open to a punish and can eat a special or a super. This this technique has actually helped me win a tourney or two. Ill make a tech video going more in depth with the consept
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:54:22 PM by Crimson_King15 »

Burn Your Ego

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2013, 07:10:40 AM »
Has anyone checked out the rumored Terry neo max hitting fully in the corner in climax/steam edition yet? I've only seen it mentioned in comments sections so far. If this is actually the case it takes away so much of the situational (position wise) HD combos element away from Terry and makes him have a super easy set of HD combos for 3-4 bars that do 850+ to kill very quickly for minimum hits and time consumption, making him a way bigger threat in the first or second slot. I've got 862 for 3 bar and kill for 4 that are relatively easy that just depend on the spacing being mid screen off a close standing D.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »

Your link isn't all that difficult because its the exact same timing as a st b> cl st c butttt it's a lot riskier and easier to punish because as previously stated you have to cancel it or get punished

One thing I do that I don't see many people doing is delaying the cancel timing in his normals. Terry has 3 normals he can preform this with and they can put this property to great use.  It can make people think Terry is open to a punish and can eat a special or a super. This this technique has actually helped me win a tourney or two. Ill make a tech video going more in depth with the consept

One-hit hit confirms are not easy. It's also capable of hitting a lot more farther than st.C which makes it a nice filler after striking someone with st.B. st.C might whiff or turn into far C from a specific range. But hey, I'm not trying to attack how you play or force you to play like me. I'm just trying to give out what I'm learning.

As for the neomax, I'm pretty sure that the Neomax hasn't been "fixed". I can test if it hits 4 times at specific ranges again, but I don't remember it changing.

EDIT: Nope, still doesn't hit all the way in the corner.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:39:14 AM by Reiki.Kito »

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »
Has anyone checked out the rumored Terry neo max hitting fully in the corner in climax/steam edition yet? I've only seen it mentioned in comments sections so far. If this is actually the case it takes away so much of the situational (position wise) HD combos element away from Terry and makes him have a super easy set of HD combos for 3-4 bars that do 850+ to kill very quickly for minimum hits and time consumption, making him a way bigger threat in the first or second slot. I've got 862 for 3 bar and kill for 4 that are relatively easy that just depend on the spacing being mid screen off a close standing D.
This shouldn't be a rumor. It works. I always thought the standard was 3 hits for NeoMax though. Regardless, this combo doesn't change anything about how spacing strict it is to MaxCancel with Terry. Terry can potentially MaxCancel anywhere on screen with 3 hits of Neomax though. Maximizing the damage, there's about 7+ combo variations to do to cover the entire stage. For reference, 5 A knuckles cover the stage. 1 f.A = 1 A knuckle. His MaxCancels usually rely on using 0-2 f.A + 0-1 A Knuckle to get them to work. Past midscreen, there is stuff to do for slightly less damage, that is a bit more open on spacing.

The easiest combo starters in the corner would be:
cr.B > cr.A > cr.C > HD > cr.C
st.C > df.C/f.A > HD > cr.A > cr.C     > Power Wave > Power Geyser > NeoMax > Burn Knuckle > Crackshoot > Tackle
st.D > f.A > HD > cr.A > cr.C

cr.B chain done at max range will not work. Same deal if you start with a jump-in and hit at max range with j.D. I think this combo is reliable enough to hit confirm if you are able to land it, but it's not reliable enough to do off any hit you land in the corner. That is what the problem is compared to the rest of the cast. Doing st.D > (delay) df.C after a full HD slide can fix this issue, but I think doing a consistently and perfectly delayed df.C is much more unrealistic.

All that said, you make a good point. Terry can potentially land 80-90% anywhere on screen from a cr.B with 3-4 bars+HD. Even if it's spacing strict, a lot of the cast can't get that much damage off a cr.B. I think 1st and 2nd are his best positions depending how you use his meter.

I'll just say after close 2 years of using Terry a lot, the only part of the screen I don't feel comfortable doing a MaxCancel, assuming on 1P side, would be after the 2P starting position, but between the corner (about 1/4 or 1/5 of the stage from the corner?). The only way to get a Max cancel here is to ommit f.A before HD activation, and activating into a st.C (1 hit) > Power Geyser.

@Crimson_King
I wouldn't mind seeing a video for this if you have the time. I've tried experimenting with it and I'm not sure to keep my opponents on their toes with it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:55:29 AM by SPLIPH »

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2013, 01:49:50 AM »

One thing I do that I don't see many people doing is delaying the cancel timing in his normals. Terry has 3 normals he can preform this with and they can put this property to great use.  It can make people think Terry is open to a punish and can eat a special or a super. This this technique has actually helped me win a tourney or two. Ill make a tech video going more in depth with the consept

One-hit hit confirms are not easy. It's also capable of hitting a lot more farther than st.C which makes it a nice filler after striking someone with st.B. st.C might whiff or turn into far C from a specific range. But hey, I'm not trying to attack how you play or force you to play like me. I'm just trying to give out what I'm learning.

As for the neomax, I'm pretty sure that the Neomax hasn't been "fixed". I can test if it hits 4 times at specific ranges again, but I don't remember it changing.

As previously stated st b> df+c iis an easy link because you have to cancel it regardless to mitigate the risk of going for it in the first place. At least if you are out of range after a st b to get a cl st c you are generally safe because of fr st c push back but on the other hand if you are out of range for a df+c you have a pretty large recovery window and you also can't whiff cancel it.

@spliph I'll get on it tonight I promise!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:53:29 AM by Crimson_King15 »

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2013, 02:23:42 AM »
Spliph you asked and you shall receive!!!!

KOF tech update:  Terry Bogard delay canceling of normals and usefulness
http://youtu.be/SpaDTeUGY7k
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:18:41 PM by Crimson_King15 »

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »

As previously stated st b> df+c iis an easy link because you have to cancel it regardless to mitigate the risk of going for it in the first place. At least if you are out of range after a st b to get a cl st c you are generally safe because of fr st c push back but on the other hand if you are out of range for a df+c you have a pretty large recovery window and you also can't whiff cancel it.

@spliph I'll get on it tonight I promise!

Just to add to this, it's not as if the confirm for cr.b to st.b depends on confirming from the stand b on its own. You're hitting them with at least two or three cr.b's beforehand which is your time to see the hits. If you didn't hit, you can go to stand b and proceed to try some sort of frame trap afterwards. It's like this strange version of Kim's hit-confirm that ends with an attack that's actually PLUS on block. It would be a contender for best string/confirm in the game if Terry didn't need drive/ quickly executed supers to get good damage off of it.

Also, Crimson, nice contribution with the delayed cancels! I've been working with Close D and Cr.C stuff myself and I think it adds a nice extra layer to Terry's game.

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
  • Being on Jesus' Side, I already win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2013, 07:47:25 AM »
A combo I just made. Variable Damage based on which Rising Tackle and Power Geyser is used. Normal mode, requires full Drive Gauge. Notice that Rising Tackle is in a backward Tiger Knee motion which acts as a shortcut to the Power Geyser at the end of the combo; just input  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a OR ;c IMMEDIATELY after Rising Tackle hits.

cr. ;b cr. ;a cr. ;c ;dn ;db ;bk ;a DRIVE CANCEL  ;dn~ ;db ;bk ;ub ;up ;a SUPER CANCEL  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a OR ;c

^That'll net you 368 Damage.
Replace Rising Tackle ;a with Rising Tackle ;c and you get 376 Damage.
Keep Rising Tackle ;a but use EX Power Geyser (or  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c) and you get 481 Damage.
Use Rising Tackle ;c instead and keep EX Power Geyser and you get 489 Damage.
XBL/Steam: capamerica137
Let's Go Falcons! #RiseUp #NFL

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2013, 08:59:07 PM »
A combo I just made. Variable Damage based on which Rising Tackle and Power Geyser is used. Normal mode, requires full Drive Gauge. Notice that Rising Tackle is in a backward Tiger Knee motion which acts as a shortcut to the Power Geyser at the end of the combo; just input  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a OR ;c IMMEDIATELY after Rising Tackle hits.

cr. ;b cr. ;a cr. ;c ;dn ;db ;bk ;a DRIVE CANCEL  ;dn~ ;db ;bk ;ub ;up ;a SUPER CANCEL  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a OR ;c

^That'll net you 368 Damage.
Replace Rising Tackle ;a with Rising Tackle ;c and you get 376 Damage.
Keep Rising Tackle ;a but use EX Power Geyser (or  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c) and you get 481 Damage.
Use Rising Tackle ;c instead and keep EX Power Geyser and you get 489 Damage.
That's a waste of meter for 2dtives. And 1 bars when I can just hd instead

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
  • Being on Jesus' Side, I already win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2013, 03:49:41 AM »
It's a beginner combo really; wasn't trying to be efficient really. I had made it to practice TK Rising Tackle Cancels.
XBL/Steam: capamerica137
Let's Go Falcons! #RiseUp #NFL