Author Topic: Leona Heidern Wiki Thread  (Read 12344 times)

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern Wiki Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »
Thanks Desmond and Ryujin, apologies for not posting sooner. I will be sure to have comments for them to try and help people along the way. As for her staple HD Combos for beginner I would say: (listed on the wiki) Near Corner Combo 3 and Combo 6. These are the ones I think are the basic HD combos imo

Also, I agree that there are a too many HD combos. But that is because of different Starters and Enders but the Middle is mainly the same for some of them. The reason I still listed them is because I thought it would help players know which attack to start HD from and that the damage numbers were different enough that that was enough for them to be listed. But if anyone feels that the HD list is excessive or cluttered, I apologize and I'll try to write a cleaned up/reorganized version of the HD list.
PSN: ESB007

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 08:18:28 AM »
I'm still typing out the comments for the HD combos. But I have a suggestion, I was wondering if it was possible to put a Legend or Key of the notations (similar to the Kim wiki) in the Leona wiki so that it helps newer people understand them and makes it easier to read combos?

Also I see Leona doesn't have a "quick combo reference" section like many of the other characters. So it would be useful if she also had one. In fact, the wiki already has combos that can be used for a section like that:

0 Stocks, No Drive
  • ANYWHERE s.C (2) / s.D (2), f+B, air qcb+A = 174 dmg
  • LOW cr.Bx2, st.B, f+B, air qcb+A = 175 dmg
  • CORNER s.C (2) / s.D (2), f+B, air qcb+C, d~u+C = 222 dmg
  • ANYWHERE nj.D, (air) qcb+A = 127 dmg

1 Stock, No Drive
  • LOW cr.B, st.B, f+B, (air) qcf hcb+P = 290 dmg
  • ANYWHERE st.C, f+B, air qcf,hcb+P = 310 dmg
  • ANYWHERE nj.D, (air) qcf hcb+P = 279 dmg

1 Stock, 1 Drive
  • CORNER s.C, f.B, air qcb+C, d~u+C, [DC] b~f+D, qcf,hcb+P = 428 dmg

Again just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:22:50 AM by ESB Cancel »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 05:54:27 PM »
I'm still typing out the comments for the HD combos. But I have a suggestion, I was wondering if it was possible to put a Legend or Key of the notations (similar to the Kim wiki) in the Leona wiki so that it helps newer people understand them and makes it easier to read combos?

Also I see Leona doesn't have a "quick combo reference" section like many of the other characters. So it would be useful if she also had one.

Sup man, we sure can insert a notation legend for Leona's combo section. Make a list and I'll copy and paste it over. Honestly we need that for all the pages, haha.

Also, I added a quick combo reference with your submitted combos. Check it out here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leona_Heidern_%28XIII%29#Quick_Combo_Reference
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 07:10:41 AM »
Alright, I copy/pasted the Legend from the other character wiki's I've seen but changed, took out, and/or added stuff (if that's ok?) so it reflected Leona's combos and Leona herself. What I'm curious about, is when I typed out the notations for the "charge motions", are they typed out properly? Or should they be written out in some other different way?

LEGEND

qcf = Quarter Circle Forward
qcb = Quarter Circle Backward
hcf = Half Circle Forward
hcb = Half Circle Backward
d~u = Charge Down then Up
b~f = Charge Back then Forward
f. = Forward
d. = Crouching or down
s. = Standing close attack
j. = Jumping
nj. = Neutral Jump
(3) = The number of hits needed to Drive Cancel
DC = Drive Cancel
HD = HD Activate
HDC = Hyper Drive Cancel
SC = Super Cancel
CH = Counter Hit
MC = Max Cancel
P = A or C
K = B or D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:35:26 AM by ESB Cancel »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 07:35:45 AM »

d~u = Charge Down then Up
b~f = Charge Back then Forward

This is fine, thanks man.

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 07:54:29 AM »
Also on the "Gameplay Notes" section where it discusses Leona's special moves. I think the names of the special moves (at the beginning of each paragraph in that section) should be bolded and/or underlined so its easier to read and easier to know what you are reading about basically.

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »
Hey there gang, I've been sick the last two days so I haven't gotten to look at this much. I'll start looking into metered combos so mainly the practical ones are listed. In the meantime here's some comments in the meterless part:

cl.D, charge b~f+K = 141 dmg - Think this can be removed, as a confirm from cl.D should just go into f+B, air qcb+A.

d.C, charge d~u+P = 174 dmg - This should be removed too, as you would only do this as a punish, and f+B, air qcb+A does more damage.

nj.D, (air) qcb+A = 127 dmg - Listed twice now, so this one can be removed.

cr.B, cr.C, d~u+C = 168 dmg - I'm not sure about this one, as with a confirm you can just go into f+B, air qcb+A. You could frametrap with the cr.C, but the d~u+C's a risky confirm. I'm not sure what else you could do off a frametrap cr.C though on block. Does b~f+A combo from cr.C?

s.C, f+B, air qcb+A = 202 dmg - Also redundant, so this can be removed.

s.C, f+B, air qcb+C, d~u+C = 222 dmg - This only works in the corner, so this should be separated into a corner combos section.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »
Thanks Ryujin, I deleted the ones you mentioned.

ESB Cancel, check your pm's. :)

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 02:22:50 PM »
Leona Strategy and Team Position section is updated. There will be more to follow later.

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 04:25:45 PM »
Leona Strategy and Team Position section is updated. There will be more to follow later.

Looks nice. Some stuff I'd add to that:
- You mention j.A as her fastest overhead, but her nj.D is faster - with discretion though, as you mentioned with j.A.
- When cornered you might want to mention being careful with Leona's guard cancel CD. The horizontal range on it isn't very good, so people with the right spacing can bait it out.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter