Author Topic: Olympia Fightclub  (Read 1332 times)

manoftheleaf

• New Challenger
  • This is true Love Making?
    • View Profile
    • youtube.com/user/olympiafightclub
Olympia Fightclub
« on: December 13, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »
     Good day to all.  My name is Joshua "Leafman" Kaneakalau.  The purpose of this thread is to invite new and veteran players in the Olympia, Washington, and the surrounding areas, for local offline training sessions and small scale tournaments.  We usually play THAT game *Hadouken* but most of us have real competitive interest in KOF XIII. 

Gabi's Olympic Cards and Comics.
     4230 Pacific Ave, Lacey, WA 98503

Times: 

Most Thursday nights from 5 p.m. to Midnight. 

Rules: 

The owner of Olympic Cards and Comics highly discourages profanity.  If you are caught swearing then you
     will be kicked out of the shop and it could potentially shut down our operations at the current  FREE venue. 

FAQ:

The size of our playing area is 12x15 ft., estimated space of course.  Enough to have three playing stations and one video capturing station.  If there is a higher volume of players and no Magic: The Gathering/Tabletop games happening at the time we can relocate to a slightly bigger area. 

Setups are usual based on the community.  In other words, we bring all of our equipment from home.  I am slowly working on acquiring equipment that is solely for the community but it is a slow process.  With that being said the standard seems to be XBOX 360.  However, most of the time there are converters and additional sticks for community use during our play sessions.  But for the most part 

BRING YOUR OWN PERIPHERALS

Setups, i.e. monitors, systems, and games are optional, highly appreciated, but not necessary. 

The stations are located towards the end of the store in a straight line from the side door. 

For any and all newcomers I highly suggest that you just come straight to the station look for the chunky Hawaiian dude and introduce yourself.  I know it can be intimidating and difficult to meet join a new circle but we all love fighting games there.  Not to mention that we are all nice and welcoming people.  SO DON'T BE SCURD. 

I look forward to the growth our local community and am always looking forward to meeting new people.

I will update this thread ALL THE TIME.  So just ask and you shall know.  I also know other local scenes in the state of Washington so if you ask I can probably help direct you to the closest "scene" near you.   

Social media plug time:

www.twitter.com/olyfightclub

www.facebook.com/olympiafightclubgaming

www.youtube.com/user/olymipafightclub

www.olympiafightclub.blogspot.com

www.twitch.tv/olympiafightclub

PSN: Olympiafightclub
XBL: Olyfightclub

Lastly, this is a daughter thread of our original Shoryuken > Regional Matchmaking > Northwest mother thread you can follow that thread as an option if you wish.   

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/olympia-fightclub.86056/

This one was much cooler style.   ;)