Author Topic: Kula wiki building thread  (Read 10350 times)

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
Re: Kula wiki building thread
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 08:47:13 PM »
Hey Karn, thanks a lot for the contributions you've been making to the Kula forums lately.  I've been really busy the past two months and haven't had much chance to update the wiki (sorry guys), but there's a lot of great information that should be added.  I'll try to work on this in the coming weeks now that the holidays are settling down.

You're absolutely right, these crossups can be countered by reverse-input reversals.  I started doing this recently (mostly with EX DP) and it absolutely beats taking the blockstun pressure.  I'll add this as a note and include you in the list of contributors for the page.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 01:23:58 AM »
Hey Karn, thanks a lot for the contributions you've been making to the Kula forums lately.  I've been really busy the past two months and haven't had much chance to update the wiki (sorry guys), but there's a lot of great information that should be added.  I'll try to work on this in the coming weeks now that the holidays are settling down.

You're absolutely right, these crossups can be countered by reverse-input reversals.  I started doing this recently (mostly with EX DP) and it absolutely beats taking the blockstun pressure.  I'll add this as a note and include you in the list of contributors for the page.

Cool thanks, and I'm happy to help; I've learned a lot about many characters thanks to the Dream Cancel wiki so I'm just giving back.
The Art of Fighting.... without fighting?
PSN/XBL/Steam: TofuriousWolf

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
Hey karn, from what I understood, DP+A had no startup invincibility - only C and EX did.  Is this incorrect?
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »
A way to test invincibility on moves is having K's or Kula do f+A on someones wake up, then performing the move. Here is the original post http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.msg1486#msg1486
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
Hey karn, from what I understood, DP+A had no startup invincibility - only C and EX did.  Is this incorrect?

Yup, that's incorrect. I had taken for the granted that the wiki was right all the time, and was pretty frustrated when my dp.C kept getting stuffed...for quite a while I assumed I had wasted the invincibility frames by executing it too early and meeting opponent in the air and didn't really look into it. When I found I was never winning any trades at all I decided to test it out in training mode and found out it was terrible. It seems to make sense though:

dp.A is weaker, slower(6f according to the wiki though it seems a lot slower than that to me), and invincible on startup
dp.C is stronger and faster(4f) but has no invincibility so it's suited for combos

I've mentioned this in an earlier post, but any whenever using a dp.C against a crouching opponent, Kula players should always attempt to drive cancel it, since the drive cancel will only be possible for a dp.C that doesn't knock down (therefore you should want to use the drive cancel to EX Diamond Breath or B Ray Spin to ensure that they're knocked down!) If you feel it isn't worth the drive, it's better to light confirm to something else like Slider Shoot (df.B), EX Ray Spin or EX Diamond Edge (qcfqcfAC) to score that knockdown.

I still have to test if dp.AC always knocks crouchers down. I hardly feel compelled to use that move though I should maybe start blowing up poor safe jump attempts with it.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 10:43:39 PM »
Great information, I'll correct that immediately.  Personally I relied heavily on EX DPs when I was having problems making C's "invulnerability" work.  Knowing A is actually invincible will change the way I play a lot.

I'll add your drive cancel option-select information as a note to the DP section.  Thanks again for your contributions.

karn

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »
Great information, I'll correct that immediately.  Personally I relied heavily on EX DPs when I was having problems making C's "invulnerability" work.  Knowing A is actually invincible will change the way I play a lot.

I'll add your drive cancel option-select information as a note to the DP section.  Thanks again for your contributions.

Glad to help. Here are some safe jump setups:
(Note: If you're too far when landing a dp.C, drive cancels won't work but you'll at least get the knockdown.)

3f Safe Hop attacks from light normal confirms:

[1 Stock 40% Screen]
Light Confirm to qcb.BD, qcb.B~f.B, qcb.A, qcb.A(whiff), 3f safe hop C

[1 Stock 1 Drive 60% Screen]
Light Confirm to dp.AC (DC) qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B, qcb.A, qcb.A(whiff), 3f safe hop C

[1 Stock 1 Drive 25% Screen]
Light Confirm to dp.C (DC) qcf.AC, qcf.C, qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B, qcb.A, qcb.A(whiff), 3f safe hop C

3f Safe Hop attacks from heavy normal confirms:

[1 Stock 1 Drive 50% Screen]
Heavy Confirm to qcf.AC, (walk/run up) dp.C (DC) qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B, qcb.A, qcb.A(whiff), 3f safe hop C

[1 Stock 25% Screen]
Heavy Confirm to qcf.AC, qcf.C, qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B, qcb.A, qcb.A(whiff), 3f safe hop C

Note: For any of the above 3f safe jump setups, you can replace [qcb.B~f.B] with [qcb.B, dp.C (DC) qcb.D, qcb.B~f.B] without ruining the safe jump timing if you would like to blow drive meter for a bit more damage.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:41:05 PM by karn »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 07:09:54 AM »
Okay, doing some proofreading, I have to remove this from the pros section:

*B.  All B's.  'Nuff said.  (Just kidding, see the Normals section)

Let's replace this with something more helpful and less cryptic.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
Added the following in the Tips section:

Frame Traps

1.) qcf+A/C/AC, st. B

2.) qcf+A/C/AC cr. B

3.) close qcf+C/AC, cl. C

4.) close qcf+C/AC, cl. D

5.) qcf+AC, cr. D

6.) cl. C, qcf+A

7.) cl. D, qcf+A

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »
Updated Kula's wiki a bit, added more frametraps, a stun combo, a 4 meter 96% and a 5 meter 100%.  Will probably be refining some of the existing combos in the next week. If anyone has anything to add, correct, etc., please don't hesitate to post.