Author Topic: how to connect ..db,f, db,f and THEN HP?  (Read 2378 times)

Oktoberfest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
how to connect ..db,f, db,f and THEN HP?
« on: November 10, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
Hi.
I can do most combos. But I have no clue how to reliably connect  ;bk ;db (charge) ;fd ;b;bk ;db  (charge);fd ;b (so far no probs) WITH Standing HP (last step is my problem, usually it is followed with  ;bk ;fd ;bk PP and the combo goes on). I only manage to do it with multiple HP inputs, like at least pressing 4x HPs very fast, in most cases in comes out too late or not at all. If I delay, the enemy already hits the floor and I miss, too. Keeping pressing turbo button does not help either.
No idea when watching Vespers or the Hit box video of Takuma either.

Any help appreciated.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
Re: how to connect ..db,f, db,f and THEN HP?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »
this is a big executional hurdle for a lot of Takuma players for sure. All I can really say is that to get the st.C reliably after double Hien, you need to make sure you do both Hiens as early as possible meaning you should "positive edge" or hold B when doing them. This will guarantee that the character you're juggling is only falling minimally, and by the time you do st.C they should be just high enough to hit. On the front page you should be able to find Juicebox's video regarding the holding trick and it will help a lot.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Splurgendii

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: how to connect ..db,f, db,f and THEN HP?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
yup

The only factor that seems to determine whether or not a HP can connect is whether or not there was enough juggle after the second hein...

if you're having as much trouble as you're describing then i'd agree and say that it's most likely due to late timing on the 2nd hein and thereby getting less juggle thus making the HP link harder...