Author Topic: Vice (Arcade Version)  (Read 47487 times)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: Vice
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2011, 07:13:26 PM »
A great display of how deadly Vice can get.

Ahahaha! Oh gawd that last combo! I didn't think using 7 meters in a single combo was possible.

And btw, punishing projectiles using her NeoMax is extremely satisfying. xD

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 04:02:42 AM »
A great display of how deadly Vice can get.

Ahahaha! Oh gawd that last combo! I didn't think using 7 meters in a single combo was possible.

And btw, punishing projectiles using her NeoMax is extremely satisfying. xD

Her NM is just straight-up nasty; it punishes ANYTHING.

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2011, 01:50:06 AM »
alright, so a couple things.

first off, is there any distance where weak shoulder is safe on block? i tried doing cr.B x3 weak shoulder as a blockstring (98 style baby!) but i got punished.

also, is it optimal to dreamcancel shoulder into ex dacide? or are there better ways to do (metered) damage off of cr.B?
kof scrub in training

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 02:38:20 AM »
Now, from my experience (which isn't saying much compared to the other Vice players around here), don't worry about drive cancelling anything when using Vice outside of HD.

Mayhem (tackle) is not safe on block regardless of your setup. Focus on mixing up your grabs/low pokes/overhead instead of blockstrings, since her moves aren't really optimized for that utility.

If you really want to use meter, you can do combos involving EX Decide (arm grab) which basically sets up combo loops till you run out of meter. More often than not, you can be doing cr.B, cr.B, s.B, qcb+A~qcf+A/C *optional supercancel to Overkill*, which does decent damage off of a poke confirm without having to use meter (if you chose not to Overkill). If you land an overhead, you get a free EX tackle to tackle-splash juggle. Ending with a splash is usually a positive for Vice since the opponent can't safe fall (roll recover), which lets you set up your oki: dash low, dash throw/command throw, arm grab, splash, empty jump/jump-in, bait something, etc.

You'll really want to save meter for EX arm combos or EX tackles to break through stuff though. Vice is limited in options when she has no meter, so keep in mind that she should be saving it for either big combos or to get herself out of defensive situations.

EDIT: crossed out incorrect information as stated by Kane317.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:47:15 PM by FataCon »

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »
hey does anyone know the exact properties of EX command grab? does it have invincible frames?
In it to win it!

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:40 AM »
hey does anyone know the exact properties of EX command grab? does it have invincible frames?

I'm not sure, considering it's a 1-frame grab, which means you could probably grab an opponent in the middle of a move anyway (like Kim's EX Hangetsuzan >_< ). The only properties I know regarding her EX grab is that it has longer reach and slightly more damage.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 01:45:35 AM »

Increase range, it probably has the farthest range of all Ex throws IIRC; her Gore Fest is already a 1 frame throw.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
Can Splash catch a person in the air?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 10:40:24 AM »

Nope :(

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 02:04:07 PM »
Can you super cancel a stand-alone Splash though (cause I know you can super cancel the Splash follow-up)?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:13:39 PM by Aenthin »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »
Can you super cancel a stand-alone Splash though (cause I know you can super cancel the Splash follow-up)?

Unless you hit them super high (juggle), it's unlikely you'll have time.  Even hitting them super high I doubt you can get there in time due to the recovery of the Mayhem.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »

Increase range, it probably has the farthest range of all Ex throws IIRC; her Gore Fest is already a 1 frame throw.
Actual technical reference.

Why watch the reuploaded video?

As for the range, you're probably right.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »

Nope :(l

Not even the EX version?

It's not an air grab.  Think of it like B.Mary's or O.Yashiro's move but faster (without the follow up)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2011, 01:41:31 PM »

Unless you hit them super high (juggle), it's unlikely you'll have time.  Even hitting them super high I doubt you can get there in time due to the recovery of the Mayhem.

I was thinking more of the lines of using it on meeting with a jumping opponent and you happened to use Splash.