Author Topic: Vice (Arcade Version)  (Read 47089 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Vice
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 01:08:45 AM »
Can you super cancel a stand-alone Splash though (cause I know you can super cancel the Splash follow-up)?

Unless you hit them super high (juggle), it's unlikely you'll have time.  Even hitting them super high I doubt you can get there in time due to the recovery of the Mayhem.

I was thinking more of the lines of using it on meeting with a jumping opponent and you happened to use Splash.

I just re-read what you wrote and I totally misread your question: I thought you asked if you could Ex Mayhem (what was I thinking?) then manually jump up and do Overkill without canceling.

My bad.

No, Splash alone is not SC'able according to the Mook.

EDIT: I actually tried it out finally, and if you hit an aerial opponents (I tried it in the corner at least) with the Ex Mayhem you can actually just jump up and do the Overkill DM (shortcutted from the ground).
Although her s.D --> Ex hcf+K option is stronger, you can't make up for style points ;)

---

If you land an overhead, you get a free EX tackle to tackle-splash juggle.

I've been meaning to ask, what did you mean by this?  Did you mean activate HD off the overhead because you can't just do overhead by itself into an Ex Mayhem.

EDIT2: Added some damage values to the first page combos.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:36:08 AM by Kane317 »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2011, 08:43:51 PM »
I've been meaning to ask, what did you mean by this?  Did you mean activate HD off the overhead because you can't just do overhead by itself into an Ex Mayhem.

lol yeah that was my mistake. I probably got a s.D confirm into f+A, but when I initially wrote that my brain was thinking I got a standalone overhead for some reason.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2011, 10:13:18 PM »
You gave me False Hope.  Trying to clean up this Vice thread and sort out the combos in a more organized fashion.

EDIT: Back on topic.  I've been on and off with her Splash SuperCancel into Overkill DM which is easily one of the most challenging SC in the game and I finally figured out what I was doing wrong and what helped me the most.

Of course the shortcut is to do qcb P, hcf~uf P, u~d+P.   The main problem I was having was that if you do the hcf part too fast the Splash wouldn't SC into Overkill DM and if you do it too slow the Mayhem wouldn't cancel into Splash.  Also the timing for the C version is different from the A shoulder which makes a difference since you can only combo the A version off of d.Bs.  

So I know it's just me, but what I look for now is qcb+P, hold back, and I wait to see the shoulder and just when it's about to connect I do hcf~uf P, u~d+P.  The u~d+P part has pretty good leeway as you can cancel it fast or slow.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:43:17 PM by Kane317 »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2011, 03:31:51 AM »
I saw someone juggle an opponent with Mayhem and then follow it up with an Overkill. That's an easier way to combo into it, right?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2011, 03:37:18 AM »
I saw someone juggle an opponent with Mayhem and then follow it up with an Overkill. That's an easier way to combo into it, right?

Most likely what you saw was a quick supercancel.  Mentioned above, unless you hit them super high, and you probably have to be in the corner as well, you're not going to be able to Overkill them in time due to the recovery of the Mayhem. 

When you SC Overkill from the Splash followup of Mayhem (qcb P.qcf P), it starts the Splash frames but you cancel it before he actually slams you on the ground so it looks like one continuous motion really. 

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2011, 05:43:57 AM »

Most likely what you saw was a quick supercancel.  Mentioned above, unless you hit them super high, and you probably have to be in the corner as well, you're not going to be able to Overkill them in time due to the recovery of the Mayhem. 

When you SC Overkill from the Splash followup of Mayhem (qcb P.qcf P), it starts the Splash frames but you cancel it before he actually slams you on the ground so it looks like one continuous motion really. 

I seem to have left something out:

EX Mayhem to regular Mayhem to Overkill. Does it make any difference?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2011, 05:49:23 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  If you mean if it makes a damage difference then of course it does but you'll be using a drive to [SC] into Overkill from Mayhem.

As mentioned earlier, if you tap then while they're in the air high enough with Ex Mayhem, and they're in the corner, you can manually do Overkill but it's a bit of a challenge.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2011, 06:04:42 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  If you mean if it makes a damage difference then of course it does but you'll be using a drive to [SC] into Overkill from Mayhem.

As mentioned earlier, if you tap then while they're in the air high enough with Ex Mayhem, and they're in the corner, you can manually do Overkill but it's a bit of a challenge.

You said that what I saw was probably a quick Super Cancel and that it would most likely be in the corner. From what I remember, neither of those things happened.

I wish I could find you that video to show you. The reason I remember that combo so well is because in that video, Vice was a light attack away from being KO'ed while her opponent, a Kim, had a little bit below half health. With three seconds remaining, Vice KO'ed that Kim by hitting him with an EX Mayhem, then juggling him with a regular Mayhem, and in the final second of the round, she jumped and landed an Overkill on him. It was the best comeback I've ever seen.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2011, 08:58:48 AM »

Most likely what you saw was a quick supercancel.  Mentioned above, unless you hit them super high, and you probably have to be in the corner as well, you're not going to be able to Overkill them in time due to the recovery of the Mayhem.  

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  If you mean if it makes a damage difference then of course it does but you'll be using a drive to [SC] into Overkill from Mayhem.

You said that what I saw was probably a quick Super Cancel and that it would most likely be in the corner. From what I remember, neither of those things happened.

I wish I could find you that video to show you. The reason I remember that combo so well is because in that video, Vice was a light attack away from being KO'ed while her opponent, a Kim, had a little bit below half health. With three seconds remaining, Vice KO'ed that Kim by hitting him with an EX Mayhem, then juggling him with a regular Mayhem, and in the final second of the round, she jumped and landed an Overkill on him. It was the best comeback I've ever seen.

You mean this one? Minute link isn't working, 2m38 sec.

It's SC'd.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:00:41 AM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 09:16:16 AM »
Figured I'd noticed what I observed with her at Otakon, here:

close ;d is a 2 hit normal again. Starts with a knee, then ends with her sticking her leg out to kick you in the head. I didn't combo off it much, just didn't attempt much. Seems to cancel as expected.

I don't know how reliable this is, but I did notice; Her ;c Mayhem once seemed to give her startup invincibility VS a fireball from... I think it was Kensou. Didn't have time to text to much more.

New victory pose: Probably using the return frames of Splash, she lays on the ground, and then brings up a hand that she's likcing, while in a "sexy" pose.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »
New victory pose: Probably using the return frames of Splash, she lays on the ground, and then brings up a hand that she's likcing, while in a "sexy" pose.

Do you know if she still keeps her old winpose, or now only uses this new one?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 04:37:58 PM »
Do you know if she still keeps her old winpose, or now only uses this new one?

She has both. So she joins Ralf with the honor of having more than 1 win pose animation! (Even in arcade, Ralf would either do his taunt animation for victory, or the "hold up a single hand in victory" pose he had in XII) Note that just about everyone has more than one win QUOTE now; but very few have additional poses, expecially outside Neomax victories.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2011, 07:19:28 AM »
hey guys,

so i played the evo build, and i saw some cool/weird stuff.

like mentioned above, stand D can hit twice, but i'm pretty sure its not close D that hits twice, since i was canceling it like i'm used to in the arcade version. i think D only hits twice at a very specific range where it's not quite close enough to come out as close D, but not far enough to hit with the lower part of her leg.

Also, i noticed that regular tackle drive cancel into EX tackle combo'd! i didn't think about this until now, so i have no way to test it, but if my observation is accurate, then in HD mode, she could potentially do regular shoulder, ex shoulder, juggle regular shoulder, repeat. that would be cool, lol
In it to win it!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
Hmmm, so... you think she has a "Mid-range" ;d ? Seemed just like it was extra animation added onto her close ;d to me, but you could be right.

A shoulder tackle HD combo could be fun, I never got to try out her HD stuffm so I didn't even get to try the known HD combos for her...

I personally had too much fun AA'n with Overkill, btw, lol. Along with her anywhere-juggle EX DeSide, it's great how much she can manipulate aerial opponents... especially since she no longer had that old crouching ;c...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2011, 10:01:19 AM »
Salvaged this video before it gets lost into oblivion, fast forward this to 3m11s to see Vice's new s.D:

FGF- KOF XIII Console Version! Feat. Max Action and Saiki Gameplay