Author Topic: Grinding, Dungeons, and Hidden Bosses Galore. RPG Thread  (Read 24457 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Grinding, Dungeons, and Hidden Bosses Galore. RPG Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:48 AM »
anyone round here play grandia?

Yeah the first one for the PSX was crazy imo, in terms of combat... So much over the top attacks... Grandia 2 was good, but for some reason I like Grandia 3 alot...
i never had a chance to play grandia 2 cause it was near impossible to find on the dreamcast when it came out i would have got the ps2 port when it came out but ive heard that was complete ass and couldn't play grandia 3 when it came out cause my ps2 was broken by the time i got a new one the game was ghost

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2012, 05:37:59 AM »
Well, the music was great at least :)

True. True.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »
Since things have slowed here lately I figure i'd ask a couple questions
1) Has anyone else played the FFXIII-2 demo yet?If so what are your impressions of it?
2) What are your most anticipated RPG's of the year/upcoming releases
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 09:58:34 PM »
I'm avoiding the demo because I just want to play it cold (just like most RPGs when I can help it).  It's getting solid reviews, no overhyping, but no killing it.

As for the second...Mass Effect 3, KH3D.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 10:12:10 PM »
I hope ME3 has the best of both ME1 and ME2... I would still like to consider this game an RPG, but after playing ME2, it felt more like GOW, especially since there was really no great armor to look forward to. I mean the upgrades were dope and all, but some of it felt linear...

Anyone hype for World of --err I mean Diablo 3???

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »
Meh, I'm pretty much playing for Story (though I won't puss out and choose the Story option when playing.  Reapers are going down hard).  Gameplay never really addicted me. 

When it comes to single player games in general, I need either a story or a really good atmosphere to immerse me, otherwise I just don't give a crap.  After that, just make the gameplay not COMPLETELY suck and I'm fine.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2012, 01:28:21 AM »
I hope ME3 has the best of both ME1 and ME2... I would still like to consider this game an RPG, but after playing ME2, it felt more like GOW, especially since there was really no great armor to look forward to. I mean the upgrades were dope and all, but some of it felt linear...

i am though its a bit of a bummer than there wont be any mod support and your forced to play online

also

ALL OF YOU NEED TO FUCKING PLAY THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE ON XBOX SOON-ISH (LOL NOT ON PS3 CUZ THAT SYSTEM IS ASS) SO YOU ALL HAVE NO FUCKING EXCUSE BUY IT OR DIE

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »
Hmph, I refuse.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2012, 08:30:08 AM »
I'm the President and CEO of I'm Better Than You Inc. (Abbreviated as IBTY Inc.), it's my job to know. 

Plus, you like Juri, it all adds up.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
I'm the President and CEO of I'm Better Than You Inc. (Abbreviated as IBTY Inc.), it's my job to know. 

Plus, you like Juri, it all adds up.
THATS ALL A LIE *hides bible black dvds*

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2012, 08:56:39 PM »
I'm avoiding the demo because I just want to play it cold (just like most RPGs when I can help it).  It's getting solid reviews, no overhyping, but no killing it.

As for the second...Mass Effect 3, KH3D.

I see what you mean w/demos since after playing the demo I feel like going on and now I have to wait a couple more weeks to actually play it.

When it comes to Mass Effect so far i've sort of missed the ship since I didn't play the first one and didn't feel like playing the second cause I didn't play the first one and now I just feel like playing the games but don't want to work my way up to where they currently are. Also i've lost almost all ineterest in KH an it's kind of saddening that my only interest in KH now is that Neku from The World Ends With You is going to be in it.

Never been a fan of the Diablo style dungeon crawler.

Just to briefly mention some of my own anticipated games include FF XIII-2, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 ,Tales of Graces F(I await your dissaproval) among others I can`t remember off the top of my head.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2012, 11:19:01 PM »
im more dissapointed in you for wanting to play ff13 2 than tales of graces