Author Topic: Ufgt's random Yuri knowledge super thread!  (Read 13928 times)

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Ufgt's random Yuri knowledge super thread!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »
c.B into HCB+B is a link.  It's not that tough, you just buffer the HCB after c.B, wait until recovery ends, then press B.
kk, I will give this a shot tonight. If multiple people can get it to work, obviously I'm doing it wrong.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »
And regarding c.B into hcb+B... I didn't get a chance to hit up training (didn't get home till like 12:30 AM lol), but from what I saw, c.B isn't special cancelable, so I am not sure how c.B -> hcb+B is supposed to combo. Desmond, do you have a vid? .

Yeah, Saitsu is right, it is a link, also, you gotta do the cr.B fairly close to them, or the throw will whiff.

Also for cr.bx2, s.B, hcb+B, you have to perform those B's pretty quick or else the throw will whiff as well.

Another cool combo you can try is the cr.B, cr.C link into hcb+B which does more damage than the 2 cr.bs and s.B if I clearly recall.

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
I wouldn't use J.A in air to air situations. But in pressure strings J.A-QCF BD really catches a lot of people off guard combined with her D demon flip she sets up for some incredibly nasty situations. Also is it just me or do Yuri's air normals aside from her dive kick, air throw and J.CD seems prone to trading a lot? Usually in my air to air battles if I'm not using the aforementioned normals I either trade or get stuffed entirely. I would like to think I'm spacing this wrong. I can't believe you can link a command grab after c.B. Mind=blown. Also I'm tinkering around with UFGT's setup and I was wondering do normals have longer periods of blockstun in HD mode? Because when I to the c.B into the HCB D normally my opponent will get grabbed. But if I do it the same way and at the same speed in HD mode the grab will whiff unless I delay it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:39:30 AM by Zeromurasame »

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 10:47:16 AM »
I wouldn't use J.A in air to air situations. But in pressure strings J.A-QCF BD really catches a lot of people off guard combined with her D demon flip she sets up for some incredibly nasty situations. Also is it just me or do Yuri's air normals aside from her dive kick, air throw and J.CD seems prone to trading a lot? Usually in my air to air battles if I'm not using the aforementioned normals I either trade or get stuffed entirely. I would like to think I'm spacing this wrong. I can't believe you can link a command grab after c.B. Mind=blown. Also I'm tinkering around with UFGT's setup and I was wondering do normals have longer periods of blockstun in HD mode? Because when I to the c.B into the HCB D normally my opponent will get grabbed. But if I do it the same way and at the same speed in HD mode the grab will whiff unless I delay it.

No, what happens in HD mode is that all your normals become special cancelable. This causes the hcb+D to whiff because they are still in blockstun if you try the setup in HD mode. In non HD mode, you are actually waiting for the c.B to fully recover before doing the hcb+D, so it allows the block stun and unthrow window to end.

I tried some stuff tonight, I will post impressions tomorrow. Super late now and it's bedtime lol.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 05:36:43 PM »
Random thought :
After a sweep you can cancel it with the ex demon flip for throw. Or in guard for a dive kick which is overhead in Ex.
Tricky but still useful for kill.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »
Her sweel is not that good though, in lots of cases you will be as free as a bird

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
Her sweel is not that good though, in lots of cases you will be as free as a bird

At least you can cancel it (like he mentioned) unlike a few characters with shitty sweeps (Iori).

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 10:06:51 PM »
Well if you cancel it by Ex demon flip you'll beat anything which is not invincible, the threat on a sweep is a premptive jump, which is beaten by the throw. If your opponent dp the move is fast enough to make it whiff in most of the case.
Moreover your sweep is your normal with the most range on the ground. So to see a high atack coming this fast at that range his pretty surprising.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 11:47:44 PM »
Anyone agree or disagree with anything here? Or want to add something?

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Yuri_Sakazaki_%28XIII%29#Strategies

Please let me know.

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 12:36:38 AM »
Everything there seems to check out. A couple of things I would probably add though are her cr.B Cl.C frametrap being really good for pressure, and the ability to confirm into her demon flip air throw off of a st.B. If you decide to poke with her j.CD you can demon flip air throw the opponent in they are in the corner. Or if you're anywhere else on screen you can spend a meter for an EX demon flip airthrow. Just some things she can get a little extra damage off of an anti/air to air. Not to mention the airthrow OS if you're opponent is within close proximity in the air.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »
Far range :
Spam Saifa A until your opponent is in position to punish you.
:>
Ex bars are too good for our own good. So I let the opponent comes to a closer range to charge some gauge, since she is really demanding.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 02:09:48 AM »
I can't find any help anywhere for a problem I'm having with Yuri.  I can't reliably DC the demon flip from the dp uppercut.  I get it sometimes, but not enough to feel confident with it, the air fireball usually comes out.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or not doing.  I'm doing dp+c, and pressing B or D nearly instantly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 02:22:02 AM »
I can't find any help anywhere for a problem I'm having with Yuri.  I can't reliably DC the demon flip from the dp uppercut.  I get it sometimes, but not enough to feel confident with it, the air fireball usually comes out.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or not doing.  I'm doing dp+c, and pressing B or D nearly instantly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey man, I've been having the same trouble lately, but I have sort of noticed why the fireball comes out instead of the flip.

When I turn on the input display, I see that it says I placed a  ;fd during the  ;fd ;dn ;df;d motion. When that happens, her fireball comes out instead of the flip. What has been helping me (which I am still trying to get the hang of) is holding  ;df while immediately pressing A (I use the A version of her dp, have you tried that instead?) then quickly pressing D for her demon flip to come out. But sometimes her cr. A comes out instead of the dp. Another experiment is just doing  ;fd ;dn ;df;a as clean as I can, letting the stick go back to neutral, then quickly hitting  ;d for the flip. Sometimes if I'm too slow on the  ;d , just the dp comes out.

May I ask, what is the full combo are you trying to perform? When are you starting the dps or the demon flips? Because in my HD combos I start it from a  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk + ;b (after activation from her st.B) then I HDC into her demon flip into C follow up ( ;fd ;dn ;df;d;c) into her dp+A to HDC into  ;fd ;dn ;df;d .

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 03:00:19 AM »
I can't find any help anywhere for a problem I'm having with Yuri.  I can't reliably DC the demon flip from the dp uppercut.  I get it sometimes, but not enough to feel confident with it, the air fireball usually comes out.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or not doing.  I'm doing dp+c, and pressing B or D nearly instantly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Hey man, I've been having the same trouble lately, but I have sort of noticed why the fireball comes out instead of the flip.

When I turn on the input display, I see that it says I placed a  ;fd during the  ;fd ;dn ;df +  ;d motion. When that happens, her fireball comes out instead of the flip. What has been helping me (which I am still trying to get the hang of) is holding  ;df while immediately pressing A (I use the A version of her dp, have you tried that instead?) then quickly pressing D for her demon flip to come out. But sometimes her cr. A comes out instead of the dp. Another experiment is just doing  ;fd ;dn ;df +  ;a as clean as I can, letting the stick go back to neutral, then quickly hitting  ;d for the flip. Sometimes if I'm too slow on the  ;d , just the dp comes out.

May I ask, what is the full combo are you trying to perform? When are you starting the dps or the demon flips? Because in my HD combos I start it from a  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk + ;b (after activation from her st.B) then I HDC into her demon flip into C follow up ( ;fd ;dn ;df +  ;d ~  ;c) into her dp+A to HDC into  ;fd ;dn ;df +  ;d .

Just as I hit reply I thought of what you explained, chances are that I'm holding  ;fd instead of  ;df  when I get the chance to test it out I will.
As for the combos, none yet.  I've been trying to get this part of it down reliably enough to practice.  But this is a good example of what I've been wanting to work on.  j. C, d.B, s.C, dp+C(1),(DC)dp+D~C, d.C, dp+D~AC
I just started KoF in February and of late haven't had much time to really put in the time I want to.  Yuri is the first character I've felt comfortable with, even not being able to do that DC reliably enough.  I feel once I can do this DC I'll have more tools to use and not be so predictable.  Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: Your assumption was correct, if you're holding  ;fd instead of  ;df the fireball will come out each time.  It's just a matter of getting making sure your input is at  ;df and getting the timing down, you have o be pretty quick it seems for the DC.  Feels good finally figure that out, I've been thinking about it for a few weeks now.  I'm glad I decided to ask this question here, the community seems to be really good.   
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:21:54 AM by KarnF91 »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 04:34:00 AM »
j. C, d.B, s.C, dp+C(1),(DC)dp+D~C, d.C, dp+D~AC

Whoa, that combo is a little tough, especially with the d.B to s.C link, I got 396 damage from it. I substituted the dp+C with hcb+B and got 386.

But yeah, her demon flip to dp cancels are a little tough for me, but I hope if I keep practicing them, they will be easier for me. Thanks for your question.