Author Topic: From Blaz to KoF  (Read 1833 times)

Ryyudo

• New Challenger
  • Reported for extreme fisting
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
From Blaz to KoF
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:44:31 AM »
Hey all!  Picking up and learning to play KoF 13, as I'm sure quite a number of people are.  Figured being on the best fansite would be the best way to go about leveling up and getting knowledge.  So... here I am.

Previously I was a heavy BlazBlue player, but I dropped it a couple months back.  After going to Devastation in Arizona, for Blaz, I came to a horrible realization:  If I wanna continue playing Blaz in tournament, I gotta keep going out of state.  I cannot afford that win or lose.  So 13 showed up just in time! 

Either way, pleasure to meet all who reads this.  Hope to be able to be half way decent at this game sooner than later. :)
Shen's hidden buff to console:
Yells more intensely during his Neo Max.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: From Blaz to KoF
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:57:37 AM »
Welcome to DC Ryyudo. Sounds like you're pretty thurough when it comes to fighters; I think you'll be able to find lots if not most info you'd need for XIII here. Coming from Blaz, a game I've fallen off of sometime after CS, hopefully you'll take to the systems and styles pretty quickly. As far as 2012, I'm hoping fighting tournies in-general around the country so you can start enjoying both games more locally or at-least within the state. With all the fighters coming out, I'd be surprised if things didn't pick up.

"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Ryyudo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »
Well it seems to be taking off decently in Colorado already.  A lot of the guys here are into it and we've had a couple small bi-weekly tournies for it.  So prospects are good for at least part of 2012, but we'll see how TTT2 and SC5 affects that :(

I'm decently knowledgeable as a whole on fighters.  But considering Blaz has somewhere between 3 to 300 different bars to pay attention to, I think that's the only thing I've pick up quickly in 13. Hahahah! 

Either way, game is great so far, and I'll continue as long as there's a community to continue it too :)  Thanks for the welcome, Solidshark! :)  Already have gotten to reading/watching character-specific things for who I'm using.  Already good info!

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »
I feel a similar frustation as yours, Ryuudo, but worse (Brazil + Valk is crap after Cs1 + isolated BB Community + CS2 = Nightmare)

BTW, welcome to Dream Cancel

Ryyudo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 07:32:45 AM »
Well you can't disagree that Valk needed some nerfs.  He was too Guilty Gear for Blaz :(.  But yeah, definitely the same frustrations you have, too.

Regardless of that, I hope KoF lives better in your commute, as I hope it does here, too.  :)  Thanks for the greet, Vinn!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »
Welcome Ryyudo :)

How are you finding the execution in XIII? Not bad coming from BB?

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
Well you can't disagree that Valk needed some nerfs.  He was too Guilty Gear for Blaz :(.  But yeah, definitely the same frustrations you have, too.

Regardless of that, I hope KoF lives better in your commute, as I hope it does here, too.  :)  Thanks for the greet, Vinn!

At least Brazil have tradition in KOF (98/2002). So I trust XIII get the spot there until next dream match