Author Topic: King Video Thread  (Read 9295 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
King Video Thread
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:37 PM »
This thread is for all King related and focused match videos, tutorials, combo videos, and for your own critique on your King matches that you have recorded.

Juicy Bits - KOF13 Character Basics: King
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:19:37 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Buriki One

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: King Video Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 09:04:19 AM »

I wanted to know if hop C, venom strike and hop into ex venom strike is punishable. If not how much of an advantage does king have on block?

Ryyudo

• New Challenger
  • Reported for extreme fisting
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 06:59:45 PM »

I wanted to know if hop C, venom strike and hop into ex venom strike is punishable. If not how much of an advantage does king have on block?

Playing theory fighter, and using personally compiled tested information using 1-Guard Jump in training: While the original Venom Strike (B ver. I assume) IS positive, it's only very few frames only enough to make it safe.  Your EX could most likely be beaten pretty easily if anything is thrown out that isn't stupid pills slow. 

If the opponent does continue blocking and you TK EX Venom Strike, it's safe, looking like 0 or -1 on block from close-range.

As for being on topic, and being legitimately curious, are there any King players that are pretty known and would be able to search video up/watch in tournaments for?
Shen's hidden buff to console:
Yells more intensely during his Neo Max.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 01:43:01 PM »

Playing theory fighter, and using personally compiled tested information using 1-Guard Jump in training: While the original Venom Strike (B ver. I assume) IS positive, it's only very few frames only enough to make it safe.  Your EX could most likely be beaten pretty easily if anything is thrown out that isn't stupid pills slow.  

If the opponent does continue blocking and you TK EX Venom Strike, it's safe, looking like 0 or -1 on block from close-range.

As for being on topic, and being legitimately curious, are there any King players that are pretty known and would be able to search video up/watch in tournaments for?

Look up Bala's King in ReveLAtions and Evo'11.  The Answer also played her briefly but put on a display in NEC '11 against Justin Wong BananaKen if I recall .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:48:11 PM by Kane317 »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 07:14:08 PM »
Don't know why this isn't in here but very accurate & as the title says
Kof XIII - King: Practical Combos
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 08:17:58 PM »
^ I could've sworn someone posted that video awhile ago in a different thread...it's been some time. But I will add it to her wiki in place of the Master Class tutorial.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 05:54:28 AM »
KOF XIII - King: optimized combo (1PG 1DC)

In the first combo, I can't seem to get that last tornado kick after the drive canceled air qcf+B, lol.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 11:01:12 PM »

In the first combo, I can't seem to get that last tornado kick after the drive canceled air qcf+B, lol.

Finally got it to work myself, seems to be pretty tight (although even if you miss the last hcb D you still do slightly more damage than other variations):  Do the Ex qcf K as late as possible and [DC] the air qcf B as late as possible.

EDIT: It seems to be more important that you get the Ex qcf K as late as possible and do the hcb D as fast as possible then just [DC] air qcf B relatively late.  Still hard.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 11:11:12 PM by Kane317 »

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 04:02:51 AM »

Finally got it to work myself, seems to be pretty tight (although even if you miss the last hcb D you still do slightly more damage than other variations):  Do the Ex qcf K as late as possible and [DC] the air qcf B as late as possible.

EDIT: It seems to be more important that you get the Ex qcf K as late as possible and do the hcb D as fast as possible then just [DC] air qcf B relatively late.  Still hard.

Yeah that's pretty much the trick to it, waiting at some of the last possible time to  ;b ;d Venom Strike then doing  ;d Tornado kick ASAP, after doing it in match more than three times this is the conclusion that I've come up with as well.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 06:46:44 AM »
Yeah that's pretty much the trick to it, waiting at some of the last possible time to  ;b ;d Venom Strike then doing  ;d Tornado kick ASAP, after doing it in match more than three times this is the conclusion that I've come up with as well.

Went back to practice it some more and man is the timing tight.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »
HA, I did it! Yo, that shit is hella tight on the timings and I used the tips you gave me Kane...it looks easy on the video for sure.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 04:25:51 AM »
Persona's contributions: KoF XIII: King combo video: http://youtu.be/zInD7MqvBMk

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »
King counter-hit combo starter:KOF XIII / King Counter Hit combo by Sammu S2: http://youtu.be/zvH-57un0WM