Author Topic: The Chin Gentsai Match up thread  (Read 5176 times)

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
The Chin Gentsai Match up thread
« on: January 02, 2012, 04:10:03 AM »
This thread will be dedicated to how to deal with characters with Chin. In order to make it easier explained what character you are having trouble with before writing down your issues and solutions you should title what the match up is. you don't have to do this if you don't want to it will just make it easier to look out for specific characters.

eg.

(Chin vs ???)
[text Here]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:24:43 AM by SwitchPlaya »

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Drunken Master's Path The Chin Gentsai Match up thread
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 04:11:02 AM »
(Chin vs Mai)

I'm having trouble trying to get in with Mai and would like to know Chin's options are against her especially when she has enough meter for a neo max
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:15:44 AM by SwitchPlaya »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Chin Gentsai Match up thread
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 01:06:48 AM »
Just get in and fight, if she blows her neomax then she loses a huge advantage. No meter means very little damage and no defensive options for Mai. Chin eats fireballs and fans for breakfast.

You'll lose more energy trying to avoid getting hit by the neomax than facing it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:08:28 AM by Diavle »

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »
kk cheers for that Mi next question is about Clawyory how does Chin keep Him out?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:57:13 AM »
kk cheers for that Mi next question is about Clawyory how does Chin keep Him out?

Somehow missed this question:  KOF XIII「こんな時どうする?」番外編(チン) illustrates several ways to avoid his crossup back B; what in particular are you having trouble with?

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
Ah thanks for that Kane its really helped

youcanwonder

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Needing some help w/ Chin vs robert and kyo
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »
can you guys kick me some advice on fighting these char. robert zones me w/ fireballs and everytime i jump over them or roll i get he w/ his flying kick or upper depending on the distance lol..as for kyo when he is riding me i cant get him off me..either they see my counter or dont have a good move to hit them off me..any ideas?? thanx in advance

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 06:52:49 AM »
can you guys kick me some advice on fighting these char. robert zones me w/ fireballs and everytime i jump over them or roll i get he w/ his flying kick or upper depending on the distance lol..as for kyo when he is riding me i cant get him off me..either they see my counter or dont have a good move to hit them off me..any ideas?? thanx in advance

Sorry for the late reply.  Get used to using his Punch Stance (d x2+P) more; as an anti air or as a ducking tool against Robert's fireball.  If Robert's baiting you to duck his fireball so he can do his flying kick, cancel the Punch Stance into hcf D or qcb B depending on distance.  For Kyo, you either have to time a s.A (depending on the jump he uses), d.C, d.B for anti air, or even jump back CD.  I think Kyo and Iori are his worst matchups.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:37:35 AM by Kane317 »

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »

Sorry for the late reply.  Get used to using his Punch Stance (d x2+P) more; as an anti air or as a ducking tool against Robert's fireball.  If Robert's baiting you to duck his fireball so he can do his flying kick, cancel the Punch Stance into hcf D or qcb B depending on distance.  For Kyo, you either have to time a s.A (depending on the jump he uses), d.C, d.B for anti air, or even jump back CD.  I think Kyo and Iori are his worst matchups.

This is the best response I can think of.

So, I second this.