Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Arcade Version)  (Read 58822 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »
Know this might be a bad/dumb question, but just curious about something.

When is a good time and a bad time to throw a fireball like Terry's Powerwave and at what level? I mean, I understand you use it in block strings and you use it depending on the distance. However, the utility of the move just escapes me outside of those situations.

Say I'm fighting Andy Bogard. He's throwing fireballs and he's like a good distance from me. I'd like to jump in, but he'll dp. If I neutral jump, he'll likely throw another fireball and that gets us nowhere (I think, forgive me for not trying it), so I might consider qcf+C to get through. Is that a good use of the move? Is it too slow?

Also, for qcb+D crackshoot, is that safe on block or should I consider the B version more?

Thanks for all the help!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2011, 05:39:19 PM »
My version of the Terry 100%, trying to cram as many knuckles in as I can

It's only 997 though..still more knuckles, more fun!
Ok so after I watched the video I tried to remember the 100% combo that Mr.KOF showed me awhile back which is similar to this combo to a point, after the third ex burn knuckle that you do A. Version Burn knuckle, then C version rising tackle, cancel into C burn knuckle, Cancel into D. version crackshoot, then ex buster wolf. that will get you a legit 100% combo, around 1014 or 1012 depending on where you cancel your crackshoot
" you fight well in the old style"

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2011, 12:22:26 AM »
That's a 100% combo if he added a jump attack... or does the scaling make it less?

Reiki - I believe qcb+D crackshoot is pretty safe on blockstring but not 100% sure. I recommend hopping Andy's fireballs rather than match it with powerwave.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2011, 01:37:06 AM »
yo Ivan's been raised to G status!!! yeah and uh remember fellas shooting crack whilst in the presence of grapplers is extremely dangerous and illegal,  punishable by throw. unless u space it right lol

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2011, 01:47:31 AM »
yo Ivan's been raised to G status!!! yeah and uh remember fellas shooting crack whilst in the presence of grapplers is extremely dangerous and illegal,  punishable by throw. unless u space it right lol

lol where's my Terry cheat sheet at, Abe?!

And does that mean that Terry's only real safe blockstring ender against grapplers is power wave?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:01 AM »
It's qcb+B, not D.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2011, 02:11:59 AM »
yo Ivan's been raised to G status!!! yeah and uh remember fellas shooting crack whilst in the presence of grapplers is extremely dangerous and illegal,  punishable by throw. unless u space it right lol

And does that mean that Terry's only real safe blockstring ender against grapplers is power wave?
 yeah the only 100% safe bolckstring ender.

terry cheat sheet coming sooooooon. hopefully john can put in his two cents in , seeing as he is the better terry player

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2011, 02:48:35 AM »

i wouldn't suggest using power wave as an ender on a block string because it can predictable/punishable if they read your power wave. i would suggest using d.D canceling into his df+C more often which sometimes make the crackshot a little more safe due to the fact ppl aren't used to seeing that setup and not reacting to it.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2011, 09:44:11 AM »
hey mr kof, i was trying that 100% combo you did on my bad frame rate version of xiii. i got a problem with the combo, for some reason the crackshoot messes up because i either do the cancelling into rising tackle, burning knuckle too fast or too slow. after hd activasion, light burning knuckle, cancel into hard rising tackle, cancel into hard burning knuckle, now after this i either misstime the rising tackle too soon or too late (?) because whn i cancel that rising tackle into hard burning knuckle, sometimes it goes under them as if ive done it too fast. and other times the burning knuckle goes under them as if ive cancelled too fast into it making the crackshoot hits them in the back (this fucking up my busta wolf follow up). any advice?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2011, 12:28:49 AM »
hey mr kof, i was trying that 100% combo you did on my bad frame rate version of xiii. i got a problem with the combo, for some reason the crackshoot messes up because i either do the cancelling into rising tackle, burning knuckle too fast or too slow. after hd activasion, light burning knuckle, cancel into hard rising tackle, cancel into hard burning knuckle, now after this i either misstime the rising tackle too soon or too late (?) because whn i cancel that rising tackle into hard burning knuckle, sometimes it goes under them as if ive done it too fast. and other times the burning knuckle goes under them as if ive cancelled too fast into it making the crackshoot hits them in the back (this fucking up my busta wolf follow up). any advice?

The reason your burning knuckle goes under them is because you either canceled your burning knuckle too early. Another reason maybe is if you didn't cancel your rising tackle at the right height to perform the burning knuckle juggle correctly.  The reason your hard crackshot didn't connect in between is because you didn't let your last burning knuckle get canceled all the way to help bring you to furthest distance. It's basically a PRECISE Three Step Combo. I suggest re-watching and look closely at http://youtu.be/R_7NHaeKqmo?t=9s. The hardest part is canceling the neo max and having to improvise on screen to decide in a split second which combo ender you have to do while having to compensate where you are at the end of the screen.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2011, 06:16:05 AM »
thanX for the input. at first when i saw you do the combo i thought it was easy, mainly cause i thought you just had to do the cancels at the very first moment you can cancel (like 1 frame links) but you actually have to time it as well. that last rising tackle, i need to cancel into burning knuckle at just the right time from what your saying. and too late you cant cancel anymore and you get the full rising tackle instead. thanx for the info anyways.

EDIT: ROM/PC dump mention is unnecessary. - FataCon
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:29:34 AM by FataCon »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »
i didnt mention the rom so that people will go and look for it. i mentioned it because it has infuence on frame rate and thus making the combos harder than they have to be because the framerate is not stable.

back on the combo, im still having trouble with it. knowing when to cancel the burning knuckle into rising tackle must have a huge importance in nailing it. every time i either go under them with the last burning knuckle or i hit the knuckle so late that the crackshoot hits them in the back and only once, making them fly the other way from where im headed (thus fucking up the busta follow up). im gonna check the vid again, maybe thatll help me with something.

Violent Kain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2011, 06:19:13 AM »
i didnt mention the rom so that people will go and look for it. i mentioned it because it has infuence on frame rate and thus making the combos harder than they have to be because the framerate is not stable.

Yeah, the dump useversion is faster than the original version, so if you practice combos on the dump version, some wont work on the original ver., specially terry´s combos.

Does anyone know how to do the rising tackle short-cut?
Because, sometimes i want to do the power wave and terry does the rinsing tackle.

Also this short-cut happens in the sta ranbats 1.6
http://youtu.be/ZqDfMF56sOs?t=19m30s

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »
Uhm, well, can't claim I'm really great at Terry, but as far as I know, the d~u motion happens pretty fast. If you were holding down previously when you were trying to do Power Wave and you accidently hit up forward when you did the qcf+A motion, it'll end up doing rising tackle because it read a down and an up motion. Doesn't have to be straight up or straight down, just has to be some ambiguous up and down motion.

I'd just practice doing the qcf+A motion a little in training mode (Yes, it sounds dumb, but it's pretty useful to get the hang of it) and you'll get it without doing the rising tackle.

Violent Kain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2011, 08:01:20 AM »
Uhm, well, can't claim I'm really great at Terry, but as far as I know, the d~u motion happens pretty fast. If you were holding down previously when you were trying to do Power Wave and you accidently hit up forward when you did the qcf+A motion, it'll end up doing rising tackle because it read a down and an up motion. Doesn't have to be straight up or straight down, just has to be some ambiguous up and down motion.

I'd just practice doing the qcf+A motion a little in training mode (Yes, it sounds dumb, but it's pretty useful to get the hang of it) and you'll get it without doing the rising tackle.

The point is that it does the rising tackle without going down. I just did the power wave and sometimes terry does the rising tackle.
It would be a nice discovery because it would be useful.