Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Arcade Version)  (Read 58395 times)

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2011, 01:57:34 AM »
Now has anyone found a way to make Trial 3 easier? I'm having trouble doing df+C > Geyser.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2011, 02:05:04 AM »
Well, you could just straight up do qcb+P after the df+C and super cancel into Power Geyser. That does work and you can put stuff in between.

However, no trick to it. The second you do df+C, you should try to buffer in power geyser fast.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2011, 04:09:40 AM »
Well, you could just straight up do qcb+P after the df+C and super cancel into Power Geyser. That does work and you can put stuff in between.

However, no trick to it. The second you do df+C, you should try to buffer in power geyser fast.

Adding in a special move would work except it's not part of the trial lol. I did have someone tell me to try doing this: qcb, db, d, during cl. D, then hit df+C, then go to forward and press P, but it's not been working. I might keep at it.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2011, 04:10:59 AM »
I thought trials are accepted if you're doing more than it's asked.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2011, 04:19:14 AM »
I thought trials are accepted if you're doing more than it's asked.

They are. 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2011, 02:51:28 AM »
Oh wow. Well that would certainly help then! Thanks xD

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2011, 02:48:26 AM »
So found something that I'm not sure was in Arcade version or not.

So, if you do EX Power Geyser in the corner, you get a free Regular or EX Buster Wolf. I'm pretty sure the 2nd hit of the EX buster wolf gives anywhere juggle properties, but the 3rd hit doesn't. I know, dumb.

Also, on counter hit, regular Power Geyser gives anywhere juggle properties. You can get a free buster wolf off it.

So, a corner combo for three stock 1 drive in the corner (Ugh, why do all Terry's moves push you to the corner, but he does crappy damage there....) is:

st.C, df+C, qcb+A, qcb+D, qcb hcf+AC (EX Power Geyser), qcfX2 A/C or AC (Either EX or regular Buster Wolf). Regular does 551 dmg, EX does 656 dmg. Not all the hits on Buster wolf hit in the corner when you EX it so the regular one is your best choice.

Can also do st.D for more damage and probably does even more in with a hop in attached to it.

2 stock
Power geyser on counter hit, Buster Wolf (442 dmg)
Power Geyser on counter hit, EX Buster wolf (562 dmg)

SUPER EDIT:

So, was playing around, late for class. You can make Terry activate HD in the middle of his target combo. Just do d.B, d.A, d.BC and he'll do activate and do C. Managed to get a 4 stock HD combo that's around 800 damage from that.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:18:36 AM by Reiki.Kito »

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2011, 06:14:39 AM »
Had some time today to play around with Terry a bit.

Good News:

-Crouching opponents do get hit by both B and D Crack Shot, guarding or not.  Only EX Crack Shot counts as an overhead.

-You can do an EX Power Wave, then Run Big Jump for a nice combo.

Bad News:

Ash (and presumably Saiki), when crouching and not guarding, do not get hit by either B or D Crack Shot.  EX does hit.

Both Level 1 and 2 Buster Wolf did the full 6 hits in the corner, but as a juggle, the Level 2 only hit 3 times.  Level 2 Buster Wolf can be Max Canceled on any hit, but after the second hit the timing is tight.

Level 2 Power Geyser in the corner loses a hit.

The third hit of Trinity Geyser misses in the corner, sometimes the second hit misses also, when juggling the opponent.  This makes a Trinity Geyser that hits once.  I couldn't land any moves afterwards either.  Kind of annoying.

--------------------

2 Drive, 4 Super:
Hop D, stand D, towards+A, HD Activate, stand D, towards+A, A Burn Knuckle, Super Cancel Level 2 Power Geyser, Max Cancel Trinity Geyser.  935 Damage Potential, 830 Damage Actual if you wind up in the corner, 746 Damage Actual if you start near the corner (both Power Geyser and Trinity Geyser lose a hit here).

--------------------

2 Drive, 3 Super:
Hop D, stand D, towards+A, HD Activate, stand D, towards+A, A Burn Knuckle, HD Cancel B Crack Shot, Level 1 Buster Wolf, Max Cancel Trinity Geyser.  800 Damage Potential, 710 Damage Actual if you wind up in the corner.

--------------------
By "kind of" I meant "really friggin"
--------------------

2 Drive, 4 Super:
Hop D, stand D, towards+A, HD Activate, stand D, towards+A, A Burn Knuckle, HD Cancel EX Burn Knuckle, (Turn Around), HD Cancel B Crack Shot, Level 1 Buster Wolf, Max Cancel Trinity Geyser.  874 Damage Potential if you're lucky enough to not touch the corner with your EX Burn Knuckle (which prevents Turn Around), and the stars align properly for your B Crack Shot to connect.  792 Damage Actual if you travel to Corner Land.

--------------------

2 Drive, 4 Super (same as above but sans B Crack Shot):
Hop D, stand D, towards+A, HD Activate, stand D, towards+A, A Burn Knuckle, HD Cancel EX Burn Knuckle, (Turn Around), Level 1 Buster Wolf, Max Cancel Trinity Geyser.  887 Damage Potential if you stay out of the corner, 790 Damage Actual if you go there.

--------------------

HD Edit:

I do have a neat combo for you though if you do happen to find yourself Burn Knuckling into the corner.  This can be done from as little as one character width away from your own corner, and it will travel the entire length of the stage.

2 Drive, 3 Super:

Hop D, standing D, towards+A, HD Activate, standing D, towards+A, A Burn Knuckle, HD Cancel EX Burn Knuckle (into corner, Don't Turn Around), HD Cancel B Crack Shot, (Pause a few frames here or else the EX Burn Knuckle will miss), C Rising Tackle, HD Cancel EX Burn Knuckle (this is not as bad as Trial 5), A Burn Knuckle, HD Cancel EX Burn Knuckle, HD Cancel D Crack Shot, C Rising Tackle.  812 damage.

The timing on this one is tricky.  After the C Rising Tackle HD Cancel EX Burn Knuckle, you'll know you did it right if the opponent "lands on" the tail end of the EX Burn Knuckle.  The C Rising Tackle should hit them very low to the ground.  Do this too soon, and the EX Burn Knuckle will end before the opponent lands on it.

The final D Crack Shot can be replaced with a B Crack Shot, trading a slight damage boost for increased reliability, as it's possible for the D Crack Shot to whiff if the opponent is too low to the ground.

--------------------

2 Drive, 4 Super:

Exactly the same as above, but finish with an EX Rising Tackle.  860 damage.

Here's a video I made for you.

--------------------

2 Drive, 5 Super:

Hop D, standing D, towards+A, HD Activate, standing D, A Burn Knuckle, HD Cancel EX Burn Knuckle (into corner, Don't Turn Around), HD Cancel B Crack Shot, C Rising Tackle, HD Cancel C Burn Knuckle (this is not as bad as Trial 5), HD Cancel EX Burn Knuckle, HD Cancel B Crack Shot, Level 1 Buster Wolf, Max Cancel Trinity Geyser.  830 Damage Actual, unfortunately there's no way to set up a Damage Potential scenario with this combo.

You simply omit the second towards+A so that you have enough time to cancel into the Trinity Geyser.  Trinity Geyser, btw, hits ONE TIME with this combo.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:19:29 AM by PurpGuy »

blackgenma

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2011, 05:30:06 AM »
Good News:

-Crouching opponents do get hit by both B and D Crack Shot, guarding or not.  Only EX Crack Shot counts as an overhead.

nice write-up, but there's something I discovered regarding the crackshoot whiffing on characters who are crouching and not blocking: its character specific. the only character I know that this happens with is Saiki (and I assume, Ash, since they share the same sprite). it works fine with other characters like Maxima and Ryo. sucks that this issue exist at all but it could be worse.

also, from my testing, you can max cancel ex buster wolf during any of the six hits into neomax. I tested this extensively with a naked ex buster wolf only, so I don't know how it applies to mid juggle.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:34:32 AM by blackgenma »

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2011, 05:43:38 AM »
nice write-up, but there's something I discovered regarding the crackshoot whiffing on characters who are crouching and not blocking: its character specific. the only character I know that this happens with is Saiki (and I assume, Ash, since they share the same sprite). it works fine with other characters like Maxima and Ryo. sucks that this issue exist at all but it could be worse.

also, from my testing, you can max cancel ex buster wolf during any of the six hits into neomax. I tested this extensively with a naked ex buster wolf only, so I don't know how it applies to mid juggle.

I just ran Ash through tester mode, B and D Crack Shots both missed a crouching, non blocking Ash.  The EX Crack Shot still hit him.  I don't have Saiki unlocked on this console so I can't test him, but presumably the same applies.

After trying a bunch of times I have been able to Max Cancel the later hits of an EX Buster Wolf into Trinity Geyser, but more often than not it fails.  Could just be a very small window on each hit.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:23:11 AM by PurpGuy »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2011, 05:57:36 AM »
im having trouble with trial 9 or 10, the one that looks like the combo mr kof did for arcade 100% vid where the burning knuckles change sides. whats the trick to the combo to make the hard crackshoot hit like its supposed to? cancel 1st rising tackle as late as possible and cancel the C burning knuckle as late as possible? what about the second one? anybody here land that combo consistently to help me out?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
I don't play Terry, but I have a question regarding him:

How in the world do you punish a blocked crack shoot? I tried all sorts of things from command grab to close C to low b, nothing seems to work. Terry's close C beats everything except command grab, and Terry can neutral jump and punish if I go for a command grab. Is it just a 50/50 everytime a crackshoot is blocked?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2011, 06:17:53 PM »
dp, command grab, blowback attack, ROLL AFTER BLOCKING, backdash, roll forward between the string.

also on trial 5 you guys where discussing a shortcut isn't even needed, you can just ;dn ;up ;a, and have plenty of time to do  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;fd ;c. anybody wanna help me out where im stuck? where's mr kof when we need him, attention jhon. also mr kof, out of 10 tries how often do you get that combo, tips are welcome.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »
I don't play Terry, but I have a question regarding him:

How in the world do you punish a blocked crack shoot? I tried all sorts of things from command grab to close C to low b, nothing seems to work. Terry's close C beats everything except command grab, and Terry can neutral jump and punish if I go for a command grab. Is it just a 50/50 everytime a crackshoot is blocked?

Yes, it's pretty safe and about 50/50 depends how it's blocked. I think there's a difference between blocking high and low. But either way you won't be able to get a normal hit after to punish. The best you can get is a command throw.

One thing to note is that characters with short d.Bs can actually do d.B to duck under crack shoot and then d.B again then combo to punish if you successful duck under. These characters include Iori, K', Benimaru, Leona, Mai, Kensou, Ash and some others. You'll have to experiment to find who else can do it.

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2011, 11:04:31 PM »
im having trouble with trial 9 or 10, the one that looks like the combo mr kof did for arcade 100% vid where the burning knuckles change sides. whats the trick to the combo to make the hard crackshoot hit like its supposed to? cancel 1st rising tackle as late as possible and cancel the C burning knuckle as late as possible? what about the second one? anybody here land that combo consistently to help me out?

You want to make sure that the opponent is as low as you can hit them during the rising tackle, burn knuckle cancels. The qcb + D has to hit the dummy as late as you can hit him so it can juggle after. It's pretty simple.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.