Author Topic: EVO 2012 discussion  (Read 44854 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »
If aris and kayo police where commentating in any of the other game, they would had still been the most entertaining thing in said tournament

But yeah, T6 had 0 hype

Waifu Material

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »
EVO seems to always have a Namco fighter, and I'd say much better that it be SCV than the snooze-fest that was Tekken 6 last year. When the most entertaining thing about your tournament is Aris + Kayo Police... yeah. That means something.
Couple things, Tekken 6 has slowly been winding down a bit since about two years ago, EVO isn't really a BIG tournament for Tekken FR is considered the biggest one for the most part, and Tekken always gets lame as fuck time slots at EVO. And Tekken had some hype, the JustFramejames matches were the shit, lame most everyone defaulted to Bob seeing how they're getting ready for TTT2.

And man even iff both BB, KoF, and MK all got in *Three games I play* I'd still be twerked SCV and SFxT got in, two games that aren't even out yet, neihter of which have guarteed comminities. I thought EVO wasn't supposed to be building scenes?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
Except for the fact that at NEC, SCIV still had more entries than BB:CS2.  Now people could use the excuse that SCV was on demo, but so was Extend.

I mean, I hate to be the douche in this situation, but Blazblue has done nothing in the past year to deserve a spot at EVO.  MK9, a game that was supposed to be DEAD after EVO, kept getting support, especially in the EC, kept having the community showing up and playing even after the countless patches and such.  Regardless of what you think of the game, when the community keeps showing up, even with the likelihood of a lack of support in the future from NRS, at least until a new MK is being developed, they deserved the slot they got, simple as that.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:13 PM »
Saitsu is a bit right on how the BB comunity sometimes screw themselves

For example, when the whole fiasco of the type x2 being ''emulated'' with a brand new vainilla continuum shift being avaliable for everyone, the BB decided to not participate on EVO in the calamity trigger tournament because everyone was playing illegally the new version

Don't know if that was effectively like that or was just an excuse to not put CT on evo 2010, but regardless, is stupid to not play something with the excuse that a new version will come out

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of finger pointing at other communities/games instead of giving reasons as to why BB had a weak showing.

Also, I'd be pretty surprised if SFxT didn't get a really big following. And with T6 out, I think its fair that fans of 3D fighting games get a game in via SC5.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »
I really, really hope we crack 200 at EVO. There's no reason for it not to hit off.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »
Yeah, the BB community keeps shooting itself in the foot with bad decisions consistently. It also doesn't help that their showing at EVO was lacking any sort of hype and that ASW refuses to make significantly good revisions. It's a real shame, because CT was a great start.

It's no wonder their community is in shambles. I just hope that Persona 4: UMA doesn't fall to the same fate.

As for Tekken 6, I think no one was going to question why it was going to be dropped for SCV.

And as for SFxT, what can you do? Capcom sponsors this. People are going to drop that like a bad habit after EVO is done.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 10:39:55 PM »
Yeah, the BB community keeps shooting itself in the foot with bad decisions consistently. It also doesn't help that their showing at EVO was lacking any sort of hype and that ASW refuses to make significantly good revisions. It's a real shame, because CT was a great start.

It's no wonder their community is in shambles. I just hope that Persona 4: UMA doesn't fall to the same fate.

As for Tekken 6, I think no one was going to question why it was going to be dropped for SCV.

And as for SFxT, what can you do? Capcom sponsors this. People are going to drop that like a bad habit after EVO is done.
Wow, like I said none of you really know nothing about the scene. And BB never had hype at EVO? Really? When alot fof people considered BB along with MK to have the best finals, hella players got interested after, and MK had similair number of entrants at majors after EVO. And yeah we gave up our spot when CS was coming out because CT was a bad game. Holy fuck you guys are all doing the same shit other communities did to SNK games.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 10:42:54 PM »
i am very glad that kof13 and sc5 made it in(even if sc5 isnt out yet, it seems quite solid and loved from pre-release play, and iirc sc4 had good turnouts before despite having lots of problems, sooo)
obviously i wish bb was in, but i can understand that since it seems to have had less entrants at tourneys than mk9 and such, that they'd put mk9 or whatever over it. size and effort is what it is. this seems to have lit a fire under the bb community's ass, so hopefully it will make it stronger in the long run. side tourneyyyy
also, people use the word "dead" way too liberally.

lol at sfxt being in though. i have seen virtually no hype for that game. i guess people will play it in huge numbers just because it is a capcom game, but..i dunno. Even when MVC3 and SF4 got hated on, they always had huge amounts of hype prerelease and such that sfxt just doesnt seem to have.

Saitsu is a bit right on how the BB comunity sometimes screw themselves

For example, when the whole fiasco of the type x2 being ''emulated'' with a brand new vainilla continuum shift being avaliable for everyone, the BB decided to not participate on EVO in the calamity trigger tournament because everyone was playing illegally the new version

Don't know if that was effectively like that or was just an excuse to not put CT on evo 2010, but regardless, is stupid to not play something with the excuse that a new version will come out

No, that decision was not stupid at all.  CT was a completely ass game that didn't deserve to be at EVO. Additionally, top players were playing CS at places like arcade infinity. Scene was already split, the leak just made CT completely abandoned, as it should have been. CT at EVO would have been about as hype as KOF12 being at EVO when top players were playing arcade KOF13. undesirable.

The fact that you call CT a "Great start" and think the revisions weren't good shows that you really don't know what you're talking about.

also, BB top 8 was hype as fuck.

in any case, congrats kof13 and sc5~
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »

Wow, like I said none of you really know nothing about the scene. And BB never had hype at EVO? Really? When alot fof people considered BB along with MK to have the best finals, hella players got interested after, and MK had similair number of entrants at majors after EVO. And yeah we gave up our spot when CS was coming out because CT was a bad game. Holy fuck you guys are all doing the same shit other communities did to SNK games.

Similar numbers, but MK still had more players than you.  Even on the WEST COAST.   

As for us doing the same shit that other communities did to SNK games, it's not like it was unwarranted.  Until XIII, KOF was pretty fucking niche here in the US.  EVO isn't gonna put on a game just for the sake of every other country, the US has to have some kind of interest and force shown in previous tourneys in order to be considered.

Stop playing the fucking victim.  Alright, BB did indeed have a hype final at EVO, but if we let every game in just on the sake for a hype final or a hyped match, there'd never be any cuts from EVO.

But please, since we're on the subject, tell us all about your community since we don't know anything about it, and give a damn good reason why it deserves to be in over either KOF or MK9, aka the games that actually have the spots BB would've been in.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »
You must be some kidn of retarded if you think I want BB in over MK & KOF, two games I actually play and enjoy seriously. I got beef with TWO games that aren't even released yet getting in.Hell I can even see why BB's not in, I don't really agree but I can see why. I don't blaem people for not playing CS2 when they have CSEX and twe got to play catch up, BB has always done alrihgt at Tournaments and Majors except during times when a revision is coming out soon, things slow down then pick up later.

There's no need to do personal insults -Kane317
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:14:49 AM by Kane317 »

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »
Personally, I fell out of BlazBlue because of the fast turnabout in sequels. I liked CT, but it seemed to last for no time at all before CS came out. Then came along CS2 and now CS:Extend. I guess I should have expected nothing less from the makers of Guilty Gear, though.

As for why SCV and SFxT got in: They need a 3D fighter, and EVO is more or less owned by Capcom. There's no way Capcom is going to release a game for consoles, and that game not end up at that year's EVO.

At least they aren't doing non-fighting games again like they did with Mario Kart - although I would like to see high level play of Jimmie Johnson's Anything with an Engine.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »
You must be some kidn of retarded if you think I want BB in over MK & KOF, two games I actually play and enjoy seriously. I got beef with TWO games that aren't even released yet getting in.Hell I can even see why BB's not in, I don't really agree but I can see why. I don't blaem people for not playing CS2 when they have CSEX and twe got to play catch up, BB has always done alrihgt at Tournaments and Majors except during times when a revision is coming out soon, things slow down then pick up later.

SFxT is the only one you could have a beef with somewhat.  SCV is in the same exact position as BB.  Hell, like I said, it was the same shit at NEC.  Both games have a revision coming out in the near future, both games had said revision/sequel demoed at NEC.  SCIV had the bigger numbers.  Just facts there.

SFxT, I can understand your anger, hell I'm not too terribly happy either.  But the thing is...EVO probably only went to 6 games to support SFxT.  If it went down to 5 games and SFxT is non-existent, BB still doesn't make it in.

But you can blame people for not playing CS2 when CSEX is coming up.  You could not afford to lose numbers over something like that.  Besides, you don't lose anything from continuing to play CS2 before CSEX, it'll just keep you sharp until it drops.  I don't understand the mindset where people avoid an older version of a game before the new one drops to avoid screwing themselves over.  Okay, unless you're planning to play a completely new character in the game, or the one you do want to play is RADICALLY different than the one in the older version, there's no reason to stop playing the game you have now.  Didn't stop SC players, didn't stop AE and MvC3 players, it shouldn't have stopped you.

I just don't get the reasoning as to sit and play nothing before the next shit comes out.  Like I said, I dont' mean to be a dick, but it strikes me as a bit lazy.  I mean, I'll give you a pass for CT to CS.  You guys were already playing the new shit and you didn't want to have to go back to CT.  I just want to know what the excuse now is?  If it's legitimate, I'll let it go.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 11:30:44 PM »
I do like BB, although all these controversies a new installment is not far off. I think February? Usually that brings numbers for the BB community does it not? Also aren't there players the support the shit out of it already? I don't know the BB scene as well as I like to since I actually prefer this game over ssf4ae2012 and UMVC3. Definitely over sfxt.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 11:38:02 PM »
for not playing CS2 when CSEX is coming up.  You could not afford to lose numbers over something like that.  Besides, you don't lose anything from continuing to play CS2 before CSEX, it'll just keep you sharp until it drops.  I don't understand the mindset where people avoid an older version of a game before the new one drops to avoid screwing themselves over.  Okay, unless you're planning to play a completely new character in the game, or the one you do want to play is RADICALLY different than the one in the older version, there's no reason to stop playing the game you have now.  Didn't stop SC players, didn't stop AE and MvC3 players, it shouldn't have stopped you.

you have absolutely the right attitude on this subject. it baffles me when people stop playing and wayyy overstate how big the changes are. but these players (usually) arent that serious anyway. when they are serious players..lol

I do like BB, although all these controversies a new installment is not far off. I think February? Usually that brings numbers for the BB community does it not? Also aren't there players the support the shit out of it already?

Yeah, february. Yeah, this is a common lull and rise. 2-4 months before the new release the community slows down, then heats up again. it looks like the next version hasnt even started yet and is planned to be bigger, so that should give more time for this one to stay heated up, as stupid as the process is. And of course there are players that support the shit out of it, there are those for pretty much every game, but how much people can do with a scene depends on the region. And honestly, I think this has lit a fire under the scene's ass, so it should kick up this year.

But guys, this should really, really move to a different topic or something.
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~