Author Topic: VN General Thread: MANLY PICNIC Edition  (Read 25458 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
VN General Thread: MANLY PICNIC Edition
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:00:22 AM »
other random news thats more important than saitsu's, katawa shoujo is actually pretty cool
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:04:22 PM by Xxenace »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 04:10:12 AM »
other random news thats more important than saitsu's, katawa shoujo is actually pretty cool

Yeah, I know, seeing as I've already finished every route.  Gave me some good perspective.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:38:25 AM »

Yeah, I know, seeing as I've already finished every route.  Gave me some good perspective.
didn't take you for the guy to try visual novels though that kinda reminds me i need to finish saya no uta just gotta make sure i can stomach it fist game is rather violent

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 04:39:08 AM »
Gave me some good perspective.

I couldn't tell. wa.ha.ha.ha.

didn't take you for the guy to try visual novels though that kinda reminds me i need to finish saya no uta just gotta make sure i can stomach it fist game is rather violent

They should just call Saya no Uta:

[spoiler]Super Meat Girl[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:41:20 AM by FataCon »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »

Yeah, I know, seeing as I've already finished every route.  Gave me some good perspective.

Dude, one of my favorite series is Phoenix Wright...which are essentially Visual Novels.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 04:52:55 AM »
Gave me some good perspective.

I couldn't tell. wa.ha.ha.ha.

They should just call Saya no Uta:

[spoiler]Super Meat Girl[/spoiler]
yeah true but i have to say that shit totally caught me off guard though

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 04:53:24 AM »

Yeah, I know, seeing as I've already finished every route.  Gave me some good perspective.

Dude, one of my favorite series is Phoenix Wright...which are essentially Visual Novels.
true

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 05:09:50 AM »
Anyway yeah, playing KS...it gave me some much needed insight into everything.  Especially Rin's Arc.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 05:30:18 AM »
kinda wanted to do lily or hanako's arc first but i ended up getting emi's doesn't really mater to me much i just wanted to play the game then worry about the other paths later

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 05:34:40 AM »
Almost everyone got Emi's path first, myself included.  To get Emi's path, there are literally two choices that trigger it.  If you do the right thing on both of them, it doesn't matter WHAT the hell you did earlier or what path you were on before, you automatically do Emi's.  However, if you miss either of the two choices, you can never get her.  It's just as easy to get her as it is to avoid her.

My opinion, the Order you should do...Emi>Shizune>Hanako>Rin>Lilly.

Lilly's is arguably the best arc with the overall best feeling all the way through, while I think Rin's is the best just as a general standpoint.  Emi's is a great start, and trust me, you'll want to get Shizune's out of the way asap.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 05:48:28 AM »
Almost everyone got Emi's path first, myself included.  To get Emi's path, there are literally two choices that trigger it.  If you do the right thing on both of them, it doesn't matter WHAT the hell you did earlier or what path you were on before, you automatically do Emi's.  However, if you miss either of the two choices, you can never get her.  It's just as easy to get her as it is to avoid her.

My opinion, the Order you should do...Emi>Shizune>Hanako>Rin>Lilly.

Lilly's is arguably the best arc with the overall best feeling all the way through, while I think Rin's is the best just as a general standpoint.  Emi's is a great start, and trust me, you'll want to get Shizune's out of the way asap.
seems about similar to the order a friend of mine gave me though he had lilly first and he also said and i quote "Bro Shizune's path is DILDOS"

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 05:57:31 AM »
Yeah it's really meh...and it ends really meh.  Like, it HAD something there they could've really gone off of, multiple things actually, and really brought the shit home, but they dropped the ball hard.  I'd say, get it done ASAP so you can just get that shit out of the way.  But yeah, ton of disappointment, and the ending...I did not feel happy at the end.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 06:17:33 AM »
Yeah it's really meh...and it ends really meh.  Like, it HAD something there they could've really gone off of, multiple things actually, and really brought the shit home, but they dropped the ball hard.  I'd say, get it done ASAP so you can just get that shit out of the way.  But yeah, ton of disappointment, and the ending...I did not feel happy at the end.
guess ill get around to it eventually then  probably should go look for a flow chart or something

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 06:20:34 AM »
I expected that to be one of those uguuh games, but i think it's not.
In other news, i'm looking for a PC game like the Commandos series, or real time tactics/strategy with stealth or something like that (not stuff like C&C , StarCraft, Warcraft, etc), any suggestions will be appreciated

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 06:22:17 AM »
guess ill get around to it eventually then  probably should go look for a flow chart or something

Nah, you don't need the Flowchart, except for maybe Rin's.  Her shit is annoying to get to.  Hell Lilly and Hanako's path is the same path except for the last choice which separates their routes.