Author Topic: [March 23rd - 25th] Winter Championships @ Columbus, Ohio [MLG]  (Read 16087 times)

JuiceboxAbel

• New Challenger
  • KING of Fighters
    • View Profile
Re: [March 23rd - 25th] Winter Championships @ Columbus, Ohio [MLG]
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 07:30:44 AM »
Can't wait.
I stream KoFXIII ALL THE TIME: Twitch.tv/juiceboxabel
twitter: @juiceboxabel

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
So over the night, I posted everyone that was revealed to be going or possibly going from the US Scene podcast with Metaphysics and Giby Zia. Please keep me posted, I feel this is important to keep track of!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 12:14:21 AM »
Can't wait.

Hey juicebox, I hope than you start doing commentary again if spooky streams this event, you made a great event with great matches even more great

Waifu Material

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 05:00:32 PM »
Apparently, the amount of SoCal players going to NCR has shifted. Many of them are going to MLG. I don't know the exact amount, but so many are going to MLG or not going because their friends aren't going to NCR, that they don't even want to hold a tryouts for the 5v5 at NCR.

Real lame, but wishing all the participants best of luck anyway.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:41:00 PM by Reiki.Kito »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
they're gonna be at Milpitas Golfland? I kid, but yeah just wanted to point out the typo.

so hold up, is the NCR 5v5 even happening in spite of that? If so, is STA going to be doing quals for it or will the team be determined by the rankings?

I agree that it's unfortunate for those of us that wanted to square off with SoCal once again, but the competition at MLG will be fierce (not to mention, what was it like 6 Gs for the pot?) so naturally I think the best down there would be attracted to it. I wish them well.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:41:57 PM by MezzoForte »
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 11:42:20 PM »
Fixed the typo, but I don't really know. We should still do a battle, but it doesn't seem real when it's a thrown together team. Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. We should stick to the topic at hand: MLG. The rules should be posted soon and DLC characters are allowed.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »
Fixed the typo, but I don't really know. We should still do a battle, but it doesn't seem real when it's a thrown together team. Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. We should stick to the topic at hand: MLG. The rules should be posted soon and DLC characters are allowed.

Maybe you can work out a 5v5 versus the UCI group. I'm sure that would be a lot of fun.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 08:52:53 PM »
We'll see. I just updated the roster with B.A.L.A, but if more people who are not on the list are listed, lemme know please.

EDIT: Just checked iplaywinner.com. Mortal Kombat's money pool has doubled. This could also happen for KOF and SCV so standby for more news.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:53:42 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »
http://www.gytnews.com/articles/commentary/understanding-the-continuation-rule.html

Interesting rule...though it seems like it makes it THAT much harder to come back to win the title after losing in Winner's Finals.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 10:53:41 PM »
That rule is pretty brutal.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 11:13:56 PM »
While it greatly rewards someone for getting all the way to Grand Finals from the Winner's side, it brutally punishes those who make it that far and then lose, as it becomes much more likely to face the one that put them in Loser's in the first place.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Mr. X

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
Our house, our money, our rules - MLG

That rule is shitty by the way and MLGAdam's explanation was "it's superior" lol. If you run into someone a second time, the loser of the first match has to finish winning his first meeting + this match from my understanding. Like if he lost 2-1, his second encounter he'd need to win 4 matches.

Show up and just enforce our standard ruleset. Should be boycotting this shit due to their rules ("we're going to involve the community, it'll be just like a FGC event" sike) and going to NCR but no one is going to walk away from that much cash.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:44:11 AM by Mr. X »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 06:16:04 AM »
I don't think it'll matter if they're gonna do the same thing that they did to MK9 and double the pot. That'll REALLY make people jump hoops. 33k pot, 12k first place?

Mr. X

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 01:46:37 AM »
Xian is going to MLG
https://twitter.com/#!/XianMSG

He's looking for a hotel looks like. Someone help him out if you can.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 07:20:55 AM »
Have the rules been set yet? I talked to Reynald about it and he said that's it just interesting.

Team Chaos, David Kong and The Answer are going to NCR, so that's more than 5 players going.