Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386222 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:20:46 AM »
Conversation carried over from this thread.
Console change notes here.  

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:03:19 AM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 02:25:18 AM »
Well, atleast it's better than calling it the Climax edition.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »

Heh, I was thinking the same thing.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:29:38 AM »

Oh believe me, I had to restrain myself :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:42:13 AM by Kane317 »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 02:43:05 AM »
That's what he said.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 03:00:51 AM »
Well, talking about this new e-sports status, I had curiosity from how the community will respond to this, checking the MLG site, is very important to note that attendance and stream views as an important factor to keep said games on the run, in the better of cases, a 120 tournamente attendance will be a good number for what I think they expect for kof, but don't know if they will make it unless we start to see more sponsored players

Also, the factor that don't know how many stream views are good for mlg

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 03:28:16 AM »
FR hit 171 with the attendance of the West Coast and those who play KOF along with their Main Capcom Game while also being a big tourney in the making for months, having a lot of prep time.

Winter Championships is on the same weekend as a WC Major, NCR, doesn't have any Capcom games in attendance, and we all have a 3 week turnaround from even having KNOWLEDGE of the fact that KOF (and SCV) would even be played.

It's...gonna be tough to hit 120 unless everyone suddenly bails from NCR.

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 03:41:53 AM »
FR hit 171 with the attendance of the West Coast and those who play KOF along with their Main Capcom Game while also being a big tourney in the making for months, having a lot of prep time.

Winter Championships is on the same weekend as a WC Major, NCR, doesn't have any Capcom games in attendance, and we all have a 3 week turnaround from even having KNOWLEDGE of the fact that KOF (and SCV) would even be played.

It's...gonna be tough to hit 120 unless everyone suddenly bails from NCR.

Right, but I wager 129 of the 171 attendees aren't from California or even the West Coast. It might be easier for them to make that trip than what we might really know. Also, it's much easier to travel to Columbus,OH from the East Coast and get a cheap motel than to go to San Francisco or any city surrounding it from East Coast.

I honestly feel it'll pop off, but not from West Coast, let alone California.

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 03:48:29 AM »
I want to know about off screen kof hype!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 03:52:47 AM »
It is easier, no doubt about that, but it's still not easy, especially considering the lack of a warning.  People don't like sudden changes to their spending within a month, especially when referring to costs of the level of getting to a Major.  

The lack of time from announcement to tourney is going to be the key here.  If MLG had gotten the contracts done at the same time as MK9, I'd be a lot less worried.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:03 AM »
Oddly enough, I wonder how many guys will be thinking right now ''everyone is on NCR, will here I could get some free money''

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 05:14:46 AM »
Considering Mr. KOF is going I would hope no one is thinking that the MLG tourney will be free, and I would assume some good players from EC will show up.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 02:12:47 AM »
I'm probably the minority opinion, but this thing where we start a new general thread after it reaches 100 pages needs to stop here. I don't see why we need to make new editions all the time. We could just let this thread continue beyond 100 pages. Before, I would have understood the need to make a new edition. Things were changing all the time back then. But now, there aren't any new changes to make to this game anymore, and I really think having made "MLG status" doesn't warrant a new edition.

Just my two cents.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 02:40:00 AM »
I'm probably the minority opinion, but this thing where we start a new general thread after it reaches 100 pages needs to stop here. I don't see why we need to make new editions all the time. We could just let this thread continue beyond 100 pages. Before, I would have understood the need to make a new edition. Things were changing all the time back then. But now, there aren't any new changes to make to this game anymore, and I really think having made "MLG status" doesn't warrant a new edition.

Just my two cents.
because change is good son nobody wants to use the same old thread for ever why do you think i change the general chat name so many times