Author Topic: Ufgt's random Yuri knowledge super thread!  (Read 13927 times)

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Ufgt's random Yuri knowledge super thread!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2012, 05:00:33 AM »
I spent a good twenty minutes just practicing the DC.  That combo is hard, I'm having problems with the  ;dn ;c on it, I'm not sure how it works completely.  On my arcade stick, once I figured out what I was doing wrong with the DC, making sure to hold it in the right direction was easier than I thought.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
I spent a good twenty minutes just practicing the DC.  That combo is hard, I'm having problems with the  ;dn ;c on it, I'm not sure how it works completely.  On my arcade stick, once I figured out what I was doing wrong with the DC, making sure to hold it in the right direction was easier than I thought.
You can do the s.B,dp.C,dp.D~C,s.C,dp.D~AC midscreen combo like this too but it requires too much timing and it's easier to do two dp moves here.

There is a timing on the dp cancel to allow you to put your d.C (The follow-up of the dp.D must be done ASAP).
You must cancel your dp.C into dp.D ASAP, if you are a few frames too late the d.C will whiff (because it's comong out too late).

Plus I prefer simpler combo, my trend is to use only (j.df.B/d.B),d.B,s.B,dp.C combo. Except for some punition like run d.C,(hcb.B/qcb.AC) combo. And so I'm roughly never using this combo. Why? Because HD combos are far more powerful and it's easier to do them than this one. So if I want to do damages on a d.B opening I go for a straight SDM after it (d.B,s.B,qcf hcb.B to be clear).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:51:37 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »
I can't be the only one who just goes for the easy route and does and standing D instead of crouching C

At least I feel that damage wise, the risk of screwing it isn't worthy

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
How would you guys rate her execution level for combos? Honestly, I think her demonflip drive cancels (as expressed above) can be a little tricky to pull off, and her HD butt loop needs lots of practice too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:01:27 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »
I think it'd be better for someone who has quite a bit more experience with the game to comment.  However out of the three characters I'm learning to use, she is the easiest (I'm learning Kyo and Elisabeth).  The key with the dp+P to dp+K cancel is ensuring that the last input is at  ;df you can hold that to make sure it comes out, or put the stick back to neutral.  I feel confident in my execution for that now, after that it's practice, like this HD combo: d.B, d.B, s.B [HD] s.C, dp+C [DC] dp+D~C, [dp+A (DC) qcb+C, qcb+A]x4 qcf~hcb+D

Compared to the other two character I'm learning, Liz has timing that can be a bit hard to get a grasp of.  And Kyo has some hard moves to pull off, mainly dp+P to rdp+K cancel, and some others as well.  Yuri doesn't have a lot of funky stick movements in my opinion.

Like my first post here, I think once you get the dp+P to demon flips cancel down, you'll be able to get the most of of Yuri. A lot of her HD Combos rely on that cancel, once you get that, it's just practicing the rest.  I'll agree that HD butt loop looks like it needs lots of practice (Youtube videos make things look easy).  Overall though I think she has easier execution than at least Kyo and Liz at my current level of play.