Author Topic: New Method for KOF XIII Player Listing on XBL  (Read 4311 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
New Method for KOF XIII Player Listing on XBL
« on: April 08, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »
This idea originally came from a friend of mine on virtuafighter.com, and I think it would actually help out the community even more, well the XBL players at least...

What I have done was made an account called "DC KOFers", and I'm basically adding players who frequent KOF XIII online. This is primarily for KOF XIII, but pretty much any person who plays an SNK fighter of some sort on XBL are invited to send a request. Once this fills up, another account will be made, and will be added to this list to make somewhat of a "daisy chain".

Hopefully, this will help those in need of finding matches... If it gets big enough, there will be accounts based on region and I will facilitate in rearranging the lists...

If you guys have any suggestions, please feel free to throw some ideas out... Thanks...

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: New Method for KOF XIII Player Listing on XBL
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:12:42 AM »
This sounds like a great idea Jinx. I haven't messed with Live nearly as much as I have with PSN; that might've never occured to me to try. I can imagine A LOT more great Live match-ups if it works out. I'll have to let the Live users not on DC know about this.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 04:34:11 PM »
So we just go to the profile friend list to see who is on and send game inv's to them? It seems like a good idea.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »
Yeah whenever you get online, just check "DC KOFers" friends, and it's self explanatory from there... Like I said earlier, I might end up making more per region depending on how many people get on the first account...

If it does get full, I might try to split it into 4 accounts for the US, having a region-specific accounts something like:

East Coast, Mid West, West Coast, South

Or, I might take the time zone approach, and make categorizing easier... So it would be for example, EST DC KOFers or something of the like...

We do have members here that aren't in the US, and with that, I'll make the accounts if there's enough interest, in which I'll make them based per continent...

Either way, I'll have all of the accounts daisy chained, so searching would be easier... They might even have a number prefix on them eventually if that will put the accounts at the top of people's lists (I'm not sure if friends lists sort numbers before or after A-Z)...

Thank you guys for your support btw... I know KOFXIII's netcode isn't too great, but with the right setups and players playing in the right areas, we might be able to get more people playing this way... That doesn't mean don't nag SNK and Atlus about the netcode though, 'cause I think that's still something they should try to fine tune even more to at least NGBC-like netcode...

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 09:33:48 PM »
Not to double post, but I just want to follow up with you guys and see how this is working out for you...

Do you guys feel the friends list should be organized per region, or is the current list working for you???

calibur753

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 08:09:53 AM »
This works for me
I'm a O.G. of Fighting Games and always looking for a good fight. think you can beat me ? hit me up on xbox live. my gamer tag is, CALIBUR753

Battle_Joe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 03:38:37 AM »
Just sent the request!
Add me on XBL: Batt1e Joe

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »
Glad its working out for you guys...

My apologies for the late request acceptances... I normally check the account every couple of days, but I was busy the past week...

Keep spreading the word, and thanks!!! Hopefully we can create a bigger network so anyone can get a match in with anyone at anytime...

Also, please make sure you guys update the Blue/Green Bar Search Connection List whenever you can. The link is here:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2024.0